EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://ecomodder.com/forum/introductions.html)
-   -   Hello from Perth Australia (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/hello-perth-australia-23837.html)

monalisanot 10-31-2012 12:28 AM

Hello from Perth Australia

Hi,have just joined ecomodder and thought should introduce myself, i am Steve and live in Perth Australia and hope to learn a lot of the finer details about ecomodding here.

D.O.G. 10-31-2012 02:46 AM

Welcome Steve,

You've come to the right place, there are lots of clever guys on here that don't mind sharing.

What are you driving?

AndrzejM 10-31-2012 03:31 AM

Welcome to EM!

monalisanot 10-31-2012 07:15 AM

Currently driving

Hi, I am currently driving a Hyundai Excel (if I can get my son out off it) which seems reasonably economical so it will be interesting to how much I can improve it.

More importantely its been on my mind for a while to have a go at a motorcycle. The 214mpg bike is a bit of an inspiration but unfortuanetly they don't sell that bike in Australia so the next best choice might be a Honda CBR125R, just need to be careful about attracting Mr Plod (the police),they can be very anal about vehicle modifications in Western Australia.

A lot of the aero tails you see in the forum will get your car yellow stickered (Basically fined and off to a licensed inspection service who inspects the entire car for any faults - eg seat belts don't retract, oil leaks etc which have to be fixed before you can drive the car, you've got 2 weeks to affect repairs).

Thanks for the welcome

Steve

MetroMPG 10-31-2012 09:19 AM

It's interesting to see the various levels of acceptance of modifications we see in jurisdictions around the world.

I would find it frustrating to live in an area where I couldn't do what I see others doing to save fuel.

(PS - welcome to the forum.)

D.O.G. 11-02-2012 04:09 AM

What year/model Excell?

The Australian fuel economy list,
Fuel Consumption Guide Database 1986-2003 Search Results
ranges from 8.5 city / 6.6 Hwy to a very impressive 7.2 city / 4.8 Hwy, although their figures can be a bit optomistic.:rolleyes:

monalisanot 11-02-2012 06:41 AM

What year excel

It's a year 2000 excel,according to the name plate first built in 1999. I don't see it in the guide.

Over a year in mixed driving largely to work I have averaged 14km/l in summer (air conditioner on) and 15km/l in winter (no air conditioner)

D.O.G. 11-02-2012 07:05 AM

Yeah, that's odd, it jumps from 1998 to 2001.

Anyway, your figures translate to 7.14 l/100km summer and 6.66 l/100km winter ... not too shabby, but able to be improved on.:thumbup:

monalisanot 11-02-2012 08:07 AM

Really its shabby

Yeah,

its not bad but as you say it could be better. will concentrate in the beginning on driving techniques and attitude because ultimately they are largely transferable to other vehicles I might drive or ride.

Thanks for the encouragement and interest

Steve:)