Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2019, 08:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Hallo from Vermont

I have 2 rigs. A 2015 Subaru Forester that says it is getting 24mpg and a GMC Savana 3500 with a 10' short bus body/brick on it that is getting about 12 mpg, sigh.

I am looking at working on the road for a couple years with my partner and thinking about doing a DIY travel trailer.

Right now the GMC is not such a bad deal because I got it for a 1000 bucks and I am not putting a lot of mileage on it. It is actually a sweet little camper. But as I think about beng on the road with an incredibly limited budget the bus starts to be a bigger question mark as a tow vehicle.

I am pondering selling it and getting something like a tacoma or ridgeline to pull a diy lightweight, hopefully aerodynamic travel trailer? I am looking at a decent sized travel trailer in the 16 to 24' range so the other question is how much better could I do anyway? I have not seen anyone doing much better than 15 on a tow vehicle in this kind of a situation, although on the Bowlus website they are claiming 25 which is impressive if it is true. Could I keep getting 12 mpg with the bus as tow vehicle or figure any ways to do better?

Anyway, I am not necessarily looking for answers, just wanted to share why I am here and what I think about all day long, haha. Thanks for all the sharing here. I am learning a lot and look forward to sharing whatever it is that I end up doing.

Thanks, Bill

Last edited by stcyrwm; 03-20-2019 at 09:06 AM..
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 03-24-2019, 04:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
SmoothLoafers

The White Stallion - '04 Pontiac Sunfire Base
Team Pontiac
90 day: 37.04 mpg (US)
Hi, good luck on the trailer!

The Following User Says Thank You to SmoothLoafers For This Useful Post:
stcyrwm (03-24-2019)
Reply  Post New Thread