Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2008, 10:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Whitey - '05 toyota corolla LE
90 day: 28.91 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to blackjackel Send a message via MSN to blackjackel Send a message via Yahoo to blackjackel
Disabling ONLY DRL's (and not automatic night headlights) in my corolla.... help!

To disable ONLY DRL's (day time running lights) all you have to do is cut legs 10 and 11, leave board side of 10 open, connect board end of 11 to ground (external switch or to leg 2), connect outgoing 10 and 11 to each other.

I got all this from here: DADRL - How To Disable DRLs

I've made my own version of what I THINK the above paragraph is saying, please let me know if I'm right or wrong:

I AM ONLY SPECULATING IN THE ABOVE IMAGE, STILL NOT SURE WHAT "BOARD" and "OUTGOING" mean Please don't mod your car based on the above image. Also, I'm unclear on the wording "cut legs 10 and 11, leave board side of 10 open, connect board end of 11 to ground (external switch or to leg 2), connect outgoing 10 and 11 to each other."

what does it mean by "board side" and "outgoing" ? By board side does it mean the side of the cable comeing out of the dashboard or does it mean the side of the cable comeing out of the circuit board )? What about "external switch" ? like make a switch so I can ground and unground pin 11 at will? What about leg 2? does that mean leg 2 is ground?

Is my image correct?

I've posted this inside a thread before and didn't get enough replies so I've decided to give this its own post....

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread