EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Off-Topic Tech (https://ecomodder.com/forum/off-topic-tech.html)
-   -   Help with some apellations (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/help-some-apellations-27961.html)

kitt94 01-11-2014 03:41 PM

Help with some apellations

Hello there!

I am looking for some help and I hope that I will find here someone who will make me stop crying for it.
I am writing an elaboration about european emission standars, and I found two things that are not clear for me.
Firstly, I'd like to know, what deterioration factors really are? Are they admissible aberrations to existing limits? For example - if the limit for CO is 2,72 g/km, then it really could be (with deterioration factor 1,4; adding) 4,2? Or it is percentile value, which is more probable (only 0,03 g/km of difference)? If both things written here are wrong, how could You austerely define it for me?

Secondly - Confirmation of Production. This phrase appears with EURO 1 emission standard. These are additional values (placed in brackets in the table), higher than standard, defined by European Comission. I have no idea what are they, and I cant find any information about it. Truelly, I more or less know what they are used for (quoting): "means of evidencing the ability to produce a series of products that exactly match the specification, performance and marking requirements outlined in the type approval documentation."
The question is: how do they regard to EURO emission standards, wchich ARE exactly "means of evidencing the ability to produce a series of products that exactly match the specification, performance and marking requirements outlined in the type approval documentation." What is the difference between this two things?

I would be very thankful, if somebody will help me. Cheers!

P.S. Sorry for my english. As You can see I am from Poland and I appreciate that there could be many mistakes in my post.

RedDevil 01-11-2014 04:39 PM

Hi Kitt94, welcome to Ecomodder.

Do you by any chance have weblinks to the European emissions standards you are referring to? And what exactly will your elaboration be used for?

kitt94 01-11-2014 05:00 PM

Here You can find those emission standards, in "Emission standars for light commercial vechicles" section:

en.wikipedia. org/wiki/European_emission_standards

I can't put links in posts yet, just deleta space between "." and "org".

Take a look at values in brackets in the table.

I am writing this elaboration to get a pass in Environmental Protection course in technical university.

RedDevil 01-11-2014 05:16 PM

Hmm, can find neither deterioration nor confirmation (as text) in that article on Wikipedia. Where did you get that from?

Anyway, I think itis cool to try to pass an Environment Protection course while driving a '90 Buick. At least you got your work cut out for you there.

Actually, Buick is a Dutch name. It means 'Belly'.
So now you know what to do: Trim that Buick in! ;)

kitt94 01-11-2014 07:47 PM

What You are regarding to? Conformity of Production (yes, I wrote it wrong in first post)?
I found it here - dft.gov. uk/vca/vehicletype/conformity-of-produc.asp

Well - fortunately - my instructor has no idea that i own Buick. So it's only about to bring him the elaboration ;)

Buick - Scottish founder with Dutch surname, who opened his Motor Company in USA. Funny :)

By "trim in" You mean to make it lighter, right? :)

gone-ot 01-12-2014 11:35 AM

"...suck the belly in..." is what a dirty-old man does when a pretty young girl walks by.