EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Hypermiling / EcoDriver's Ed (https://ecomodder.com/forum/hypermiling-ecodrivers-ed.html)
-   -   Hey Ecomodders! Is anyone interested in doing an interview? (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/hey-ecomodders-anyone-interested-doing-interview-33250.html)

jamie_pennyhoarder 12-21-2015 03:18 PM

Hey Ecomodders! Is anyone interested in doing an interview?

I'm a writer for a blog called The Penny Hoarder, which is about weird ways to make and save money. We're interested in running a story about hypermiling/ecomodding -- I was hoping to find a practicing hypermiler to interview! You can be super-extreme and competitive or just an efficient driver with actionable tips. Open to all voices!

If you're interested, shoot me an email at jamie[at]thepennyhoarder[dot]com. Looking forward to your input!

Oh -- and happy holidays. Thanks! :)

:turtle:

MetroMPG 12-21-2015 04:38 PM

Did you give us the right email address? thepennyhoarde or thepennyhoarder?

---

I'm sure there are a bunch of people on the forum who would be interested.

There's definitely a cross-over here between people interested in maximizing efficiency in their driving/ecomodding as well as managing their money for early financial independence. Discussion of MMM comes up once in a while for sure.

jamie_pennyhoarder 12-21-2015 04:46 PM

Great catch! The email address is indeed jamie[at]thepennyhoarde*r*[dot]com.

*LOVE* Mr. Money Mustache. Looking forward to hearing from you all!

cowmeat 12-21-2015 05:23 PM

Quote:

I'm a writer for a blog called The Penny Hoarder, which is about weird ways to make and save money.
A lot of us here (myself included) have saved enough money with our "weird" hypermiling and ecomodding to buy our cars outright. Nothing weird about that!
I've been hoarding my gas savings for years, and with that savings I paid cash for one of the most fuel efficient hybrids ever made, and I average over 70 mpg daily and can stretch a 10 gallon tank to over 700 miles in the same kind of traffic you drive over there in St Pete.

You'll see a bunch of similar stories here!

I'm an active hypermiler and ecomodder, and you can interview me if you want some laughs, but guys like Darin and Tim have been at this way longer than I have

RedDevil 12-21-2015 05:31 PM

Whenever the subject arises in conversation I tell saving gas is my hobby. It is a challenge, it puts focus and pleasure into my daily commute.
Best of all, it saves me money.

And then I ask what hobbies my communication partner has. Usually I just get a grin as they realize they were outsmarted and we leave that question as a rhetorical remark ;)

gone-ot 12-21-2015 07:04 PM

Sometimes people feel like a TURTLE.

Sometimes people feel like a HARE.