Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2009, 09:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

I am new but I think I can help.

Hi,

My name is Alan To, I design electronics for automotive performance. I am looking to branch out and cater to the eco crowd.

Tuning for eco rather than for performance is 2 sides of the same coin, the exact same tools are applicable; using AFR meter to meter your fuel and EGT to meter to meter your exhaust temp, using those data you tune an electronic fuel management unit to achieve your objectives while maintaining a comfortable safety margin.

Power mongers typically want as much tunable resolution as possible to extract the most power, that involves many variables and very big tuning tables. I believe that for the eco crowd a much reduced resolution is desired for ease of use.

I am currently developing a piggyback fuel management unit that scales the MAF/MAP voltage. I believe that a low cost device like that would be perfect for the eco crowd. Piggyback fuel management units excel at being easy to use, install, and is perfect for adding and subtracting conservative amounts of fuel. Right now the product is targeted for performance so it has 256 tuning points, I plan on making a new gui that has 10 times less tuning points for the eco crowd.

I also have a line a wideband oxygen sensor controllers, I believe that significant synergy can be created between a wideband controller and piggyback fuel management unit for the purpose of increasing MPG while maintaining safety margins.

I am in not pimping my product, I have not given any indications about price or where to purchase. I have pmed a mod about 2 days ago about advertising but I have yet to hear a response.

Currently I am just looking for ideas on how to tailor my products to the eco crowd.

Regards,

Alan To

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 07-09-2009, 09:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Hi-Tech Redneck

Send a message via AIM to Johnny Mullet Send a message via MSN to Johnny Mullet
Welcome to the forum Alan!

GeoMetroforum.com - got mpg?
Reply  Post New Thread