EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   For Sale (https://ecomodder.com/forum/sale.html)
-   -   HF Transmission - testing waters (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/hf-transmission-testing-waters-14558.html)

Todhunter 09-15-2010 07:49 AM

HF Transmission - testing waters

I have an HF transmission that was totally overhauled (all new bearings, seals, and oil guide plates) in February 2006 that I am about to remove from my car. It still runs like a top, but it does not suit my driving needs anymore - I need shorter gearing for driving in the mountains!

My car had 245,600 miles on it when I installed the transmission, and I turned 300,000 yesterday, so that puts the mileage on the transmission at about 55,000 miles.

Not to toot my own horn, but I have overhauled many Honda manual transmissions over the years, and all are still running fine, to my knowledge. I'm just saying I know what I'm doing, and either have the tools, or have access to the tools to do the job right.

I did not install new synchros, as they were not needed - the box still shifts like butter.

If you want to see pictures of the rebuild, go to GasSavers and search for a thread titled "CRX HF Transmission Rebuild" by DaX (that's me). Since I don't have a high post count, it won't let me post the link.

Just wondering if anyone would be interested in buying it - if not, I'll stick it in the attic and use it for parts.

Nden 10-05-2010 02:58 AM

how much shipped to 91978 ?

Todhunter 10-05-2010 08:02 AM

I am pulling the transmission on the 10th - let me get a weight so I can quote shipping. Would it be going to a residential address or a commercial address with a loading dock?

crx driver 10-10-2010 08:43 PM

hf tranny

do you still have the tranny?

Nden 10-12-2010 05:19 AM

residential. i sent a '92 civic tranny a few years ago thru UPS for around $60. LMFAO at dude's expression when i hefted it onto their scale in the ups store! drained of fluid of course.

Nden 10-12-2010 05:23 AM

deantaber09@gmail.com I check more frequently btw. Still looking for a decent HF here in San DIego, but I want to have the HF tranny even if just as a back-up in case I settle for an Si model. I'm doing a crx vtec-E conversion like the famous SVO. For my wiring i'll be going thru Rywire for their mil-spec version so its all clean and just plug & play.

Todhunter 10-12-2010 08:04 AM

Sorry for the delay, I don't have internet access at home, so I only get on at the office. I got the swap completed this weekend, so I will try to get a weight. I don't even know what transmissions are selling for, so let me look around and I will get back to you.

Todhunter 10-19-2010 12:40 PM

The transmission is pending a sale...

wickedslickcivic91 03-02-2012 08:53 PM

I am new here, I was wondering if you still have the hf transmission? If so i'll trade you a dx transmission for it. I bought a civic about a month ago with a four speed and it came with an extra five speed tranny. I dont know anything about the tranny though, neither did the guy. If you want to trade let me know, or if it was sold along time ago poke some fun at the noob.

farmgent 03-06-2012 01:15 PM

I AM NOT trying to bump Nden. If the sale is still pending with him, he has first rights. I would like to know if the transmission is available?

Jonathan6229 03-07-2012 11:39 AM

Umm, we just bumped a 15 month old thread, so I'm pretty sure it's gone by now....We'll all just have to keep looking.......or, could you rework the gears in a DX tranny to match the HF? or is the final drive so far different that it's fruitless?

farmgent 03-07-2012 11:57 AM

LOL, I should have watched the date better. So much for multitasking. Yes you can mod a DX transmission with the HF 5 gears. Need the main and the secondary. That came from a Honda tranny guru on another forum, I haven't done it. That was my interest in the tranny. I was going to try the mod.