Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2013, 10:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
Diesel FTW

Golf TDI - '03 Volskwagen Golf TDI GL
90 day: 44.63 mpg (US)
Talking New From PA With a Few Big V8's...

Hey all,

A little about me: My name is Rick, I'm 30, I live outside of Philly and also "had" a family place down in Brick Township, NJ - prior to Sandy. I guess we still own it but it's in need of a tear down. Anywho, I love fast cars/trucks, motorcycles, SCUBA diving, shooting/firearms, photography, hiking, biking, and all that happy horse excrement. I enjoy taking way too many photos/videos of vehicles and what not - check my YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/BadAssXJ

I have too many vehicles at the moment. Instead of telling you about them, I'll post some photos...

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.9L - Stock minus the Morimoto MH1 bi-xenon projector HID retro I just finished, an underdrive pulley, and an eBay CAI (19 MPG highway):

1998 and 2001 WS6 Trans Am's - '98 has issues - '01 needs new head gaskets (28 MPG highway for both):

1998 Honda VFR800 Interceptor (48 MPG highway):

The reason I'm here is because I'm looking to purchase a super efficient vehicle for my highway commuting. I do 50-56 miles round trip a day. 95% of that is highway. I spoke with one of my Honda friends here at work. He recommended I join this site and also recommended 3 vehicles at which I should look:

-Civic VX
-Civic HX
-CRX HF

I can't pick one of these up until I thin the heard and we move into our new house in June. The '01 Trans Am is being sold for that purpose. I'm here doing research at the moment. So here is my "hello" to all of you!

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 04-05-2013, 10:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

VX - '94 Honda Civic VX
Team Honda
90 day: 47.95 mpg (US)
Welcome to the site! Those trans am are beautiful! I've always loved that generation f-body, especially ls1, t56, and t-tops

If you are looking for a civic, I highly recommend the VX. I have a 94 and it is great, incredible gas mileage without even trying.

Old 04-11-2013, 07:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
5 Gears of Fury

Spunky - '90 Honda Civic CX
90 day: 35.56 mpg (US)
Nicest seats in any vehicle I have ever owned were in my '98 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited. Man that was a beautiful vehicle to drive, I just couldn't afford the gas lol. I think I put 600 miles on it in the year I had it. Anyway, any of those Hondas is a good choice, it really comes down to what's available in your area. The VX and the CRX would be my choices, but not knowing the used car availability in your area, it's really more a matter of which of the 3 you could find in decent condition. A first gen Insight (2000-2006) with a 5 speed would be good as well, even with a faulty battery pack. But again, it's hard to go wrong with any of those vehicles. Welcome to the site.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Hydrogen > EV

Silver Flea - '05 Honda Insight
90 day: 58.96 mpg (US)
Welcome! I look forward to seeing your choice. How come youmaremselling the 01, not the 98?

Best Tanks:
Mustang - 54.83 mpg (US) at the Green Grand Prix
Insight - 82.91966 mpg (US) over 818.5 miles.
Reply  Post New Thread

Tags
newbie, pennsylvania, trans am, v8 engines, west chester