EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://ecomodder.com/forum/introductions.html)
-   -   Hi all, from Sydney, Australia (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/hi-all-sydney-australia-10551.html)

chukatsung 10-10-2009 10:28 PM

Hi all, from Sydney, Australia

Hi all Ecomodders,

Name is Dennis and I am an proud owner of a Lexus IS200, living in Sydney, Australia.
Came to this website by the magic of Google :p.
I was looking for some tips to save petrol and instead of the usual website with their "8 gas saving tips", ecomodder.com tops up
Had a look at the 108 hypermillage technique and they really opened up my mind about eco driving :D
Not much been modify physically to the car for hyper-millage. The only thing I am doing at the moment is to adjust my driving habit to achieve better KMs per tank.

Hope to have a great stay here at ecomodder.com and wish everyone a good HYPERMILLAGE:thumbup:

Cheers,
Dennis

PS: I am an overseas student from Hong Kong by the way so my English will be a bit, you know, FOB :o

Daox 10-12-2009 11:15 AM

Welcome to the site. What kind of mileage are you getting in the Lexus?

chukatsung 10-12-2009 05:45 PM

Using no fuel saving technique, I was doing about 10-11L/100KM
That's around 21MPG

Mostly city traffic with maximum speed limit to 80KM/H

This week it should improve since normally I get around 250KM at the half way mark, but now it is sitting at 310KM at the half way mark, after adapting to some of the techniques shown in "100+ Hypermiling Tips"

Seraph 10-18-2009 03:35 AM

heh a fob your english doesn't seem too bad =)

Anyway good to see another australian on the forums, and of course save more fuel =)

chukatsung 10-18-2009 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seraph (Post 134413)
heh a fob your english doesn't seem too bad =)

Anyway good to see another australian on the forums, and of course save more fuel =)

Of cause =]
The improved mileage from last week might be because I've put 10$ worth of 95 in, just to make sure I didn't run out before I fill up

Seraph 10-18-2009 12:51 PM

lol wrong use of 'cause'. Should be course instead. Sorry about being anal but its good to learn which one to use x)

chukatsung 10-18-2009 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seraph (Post 134467)
lol wrong use of 'cause'. Should be course instead. Sorry about being anal but its good to learn which one to use x)

No offence taken =]
Always good to learn
(I've been using MSN for too long - "coz")

stevewough 01-01-2010 04:00 AM

Welcome to this forum.I love forum discussion.It is one of my hobbies.I can share my thoughts to others and can get plenty of information from others.I just love it.Other then that I like to surf different and new sites.I like the way I am getting plenty of new information from the site.I am very pleased to be part of the site and I am eager to do my first post.

SentraSE-R 01-01-2010 10:06 AM

Welcome Dennis,

Does your IS200 have a fuel consumption gauge? Is it a manual transmission car? It's possible to get 45+ mpg (US) city mileage with pulse and glide. That's an advanced technique that you should practice on a lonely country road first, but coasting as much as possible is always good for mileage.