Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2014, 06:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Black Beauty - '04 Ford Explorer
Hi from MN.

I joined some time ago but I'm now just introducing myself. My daily driver is a 04 Explorer not the most fuel efficient SUV around. However, my drive to work is under 5 miles. If spring would ever arrive I'll start riding my bike to work and continue through late fall. My wife drives a 09 CRV and her commute is 10 miles, so between the two of us we drive about 15,000 miles per year. I'm looking at retirement in about year so I have been busy updating my home with more efficient appliances, lighting etc. Our local utility will compare gas and electric usage of your size house with 100 others about your size and I'm usually in the top 10% for the least amount used. After I retire I will look at what I need for a car or truck and make a decision at that time on any changes if any I would need to make. There are so many new more fuel efficient cars coming out in the next couple of years it's going to be a interesting decision to make.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 03-30-2014, 09:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master Novice

Josie - '87 Toyota Pickup
90 day: 29.5 mpg (US)

Felicia - '09 Toyota Prius Base
90 day: 49.62 mpg (US)
Sweet, more folks from the Great White North! I have family just down the 35E from you in Mendota Heights.

I have never seen such a place as big into biking, skiing - really, any kind of outdoor activity - as Minnesota. It's bonkers. Lake Calhoun was so thick with windsurfers when I was up there last autumn, it looked downright dangerous.

Biking in the Twins must be a pip. That can surely take the bite off of your Sploder.

Lead or follow. Either is fine.
Old 03-31-2014, 04:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,625 Times in 1,450 Posts
SUVs are actually not that bad at all, since their platform usually provides lots of room for experiences with alternative drivelines, fuels, and other mods. I have already seen many Explorers converted to run on CNG in my country (nowadays maybe almost every Explorer back here might have been converted to CNG).

Reply  Post New Thread