EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://ecomodder.com/forum/introductions.html)
-   -   Hi from Chicagoland! (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/hi-chicagoland-4594.html)

ishiyakazuo 08-17-2008 01:31 PM

Hi from Chicagoland!

Hello,

I'm a proud owner of a 2002 Civic, and a 1998 Corolla-in-law (my wife's from when we got married). I've been reading this site and found it to be one of the most fascinating I've ever happened upon.

I love what people are doing with their do-it-yourself MPG gauges. I'm very interested in looking into building these for my cars, as well as some others. As a software engineer (who has also been known to dabble with hardware for hobby projects such as this), hopefully I can also be of some help with the projects going on here.

Looking forward to learning a lot from all of you!

SVOboy 08-17-2008 05:10 PM

Welcome to ecomodder!

I've always wondered, is chicagoland different from chicago? :p

Red 08-17-2008 07:33 PM

Welcome

Johnny Mullet 08-17-2008 09:00 PM

Feel free to jump right in with your knowledge! Welcome to the site.

ishiyakazuo 08-17-2008 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVOboy (Post 54032)
Welcome to ecomodder!

I've always wondered, is chicagoland different from chicago? :p

Chicagoland is Chicago and its suburbs. I live about 35 miles away from downtown Chicago.

Anyway, glad to be here :)

RH77 08-18-2008 09:11 PM

Welcome to EM!

Enjoy the site -- we look forward to any ideas you have...

Best FE to ya :thumbup:

RH77

bikin' Ed 08-19-2008 08:54 AM

Welcome from a former Chicagoan--south side. It always bothers me when someone says they are from Chicago, and then in conversation I find out it's really like.....Rockford. Thank you for using "Chicagoland".:thumbup:

dcb 08-19-2008 09:10 AM

Didn't you know that Chicago is the northernmost suburb of Carbondale? ;)

ishiyakazuo 08-19-2008 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bikin' Ed (Post 54430)
Welcome from a former Chicagoan--south side. It always bothers me when someone says they are from Chicago, and then in conversation I find out it's really like.....Rockford. Thank you for using "Chicagoland".:thumbup:

Half-way to Rockford on I-90 myself. It really depends on the scope of where you're saying it though. For example, I lived in Japan for awhile, and if I told someone I was from the state of Illinois, they'd look at me strangely, but when I'd say "Chicago" they'd instantly go "OH! Yeah! I know where Chicago is!" pretty much every time. (Then they'd start talking about how they associate Chicago with gangs, and then I'd tell them I'm outside of the city, but I digress.)

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcb
Didn't you know that Chicago is the northernmost suburb of Carbondale? ;)

But Carbondaleland is a bit... well, not economical to say. ;)
Actually, I've been meaning to visit Carbondale at some point in the next year or so. Everyone keeps telling me about how great the scenery is, so I thought I might go down there for some camping and hiking, etc.
Maybe once I get the OBD MPGuino working in my car, I'll suddenly find a need to take it on a trip downstate though... :D

Daox 08-19-2008 09:45 AM

Welcome to the site. You have two wonderful cars capable of great mileage. I look forward to updates.