EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://ecomodder.com/forum/introductions.html)
-   -   Hi Everyone from Irelands First EV?? (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/hi-everyone-irelands-first-ev-7850.html)

bellarchie 04-12-2009 08:28 AM

Hi Everyone from Irelands First EV??

:turtle: Hi, researching Ireland,s E.V. projects I can,t find anything except onwe chap considering an EV "Evercycle". I,m new to blogs and the terminology of threads is totally new to me also), so bear with me.:o

My news on MY E.V.:D is that It has been committed to!

Ireland's First????? Electric Conversion has begun.(Photos to follow.)

Stumbling upon Forkenswift via Youtube and Ecomodder, I,m converting a Toyota Corolla 93 Hatchback using 36Volt Forklift innards and a 48volt motor more or less following Forkenswift's steps very very closely.
I,m 66, Mechanically able but lacking Electrical pzzazz :confused: So any help advice is invaluable-essential!!

The reasoning and motivation behind this build is threefold,

A) For myself? to boldly go where a lot of you have gone and won so stylishly in so many cases. Even your disasters have helped my learning Curve and therefore this whole project..

B. To promote Recycling and E.V. issues in my immediate locality with (C)

C. And I consider my main drive:mad: Our Government here has decided in its crass stupidity to withdraw essential Cancer Care Services from Sligo General Hospital. I find that indefensible. (OK enough of my politics...write me if you wish more information and i,ll gladly discuss it off this forum)

Ok so thats the bare bones. The Car is on-site, painted an original in your face Ferrari Red. it requires a general freshen-up and removal of ICE and a neccessary steering and suspension upgrade.Engine out planned for this Week weather permitting. I collect the Fork lift parts in the next two weeks. Motor mount plate will be engineered closely thereafter. Battery boxes will be welded up once layouts have been firmly decided on.

One thing I don,t see is the idea of having an inbuilt back-up generator in most builds :confused:maybe i,m just not looking in the relevant places :obut I,m hoping to install a lawnmower engine alternator hook-up for essential back-up charging so it isn,t a pure E.V. Aerodynamic mods will be added. hopefully adding efficiency and not just to appeal to Ferrari fans.:D
I,m doing a local school competition hoping to get a :cool::cool:name that combines the ideals.

ANY comments on this build will be printed out, the best ones?? and professionally stuck on the vehicle together with prominent Graphics to draw attention to the two main causes

aminorjourney 04-12-2009 02:07 PM

Hi Bellarche,

Great to see an EV conversion in progress. I think you're probably not the first as there are quite a few EVs lurking around in Ireland.

Over the pond in the UK there's lots of great EVs - and quite a few groups dedicated to EV goodness, including some conversions.

I live in the south-west in Bristol, where we have quite an active EV scene. No good for you if you're in Ireland, but good to know you're not alone!

All the best!

Nikki.

MetroMPG 04-13-2009 11:49 PM

Welcome to EcoModder, bellarchie!

I'm sure as you come up with questions, you'll find answers from folks here.

Looking forward to the progress!

Darin

vtec-e 04-14-2009 04:14 AM

Welcome Bellarchie! I'm eagerly awaiting your progress reports. I'm based in Slane so if you are not too far away i might even be able to lend a hand!

ollie

lectruck 04-14-2009 04:56 AM

Go for it, Everyone is young at heart when you are an EV'r. We all start with baby steps....

Thanks

Don N.