EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://ecomodder.com/forum/introductions.html)
-   -   Hi, I'm Andrew. (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/hi-im-andrew-17691.html)

apc 06-03-2011 07:59 PM

Hi, I'm Andrew.

Greetings.

I love this forum.

I have a 2000 Chevy Silverado 1500 4.8L 4x4. I purchased it almost one year ago because I am an urban farmer in Missouri and needed a truck.

I love this forum.

I get between 15 and 17 MPG, though it's been a while since I filled the tank over 1/2 (~60lbs lighter).

I love this forum.

I've switched to Mobil 1 synthetic oil and drive with FE in mind. Much to my agreement I've found that I've already been practicing most of the 100+ tips list. It's all just intuitive.

I love this forum.

I hope to implement many of the ideas I have found reading the threads here.

And in case I wasn't clear,

I love this forum.
Andrew

Jean-Seb 06-03-2011 08:55 PM

Glad you love the forum ! :D

Welcome !

Bill in Houston 06-03-2011 09:26 PM

Just one question for you. Do you love this forum? :)

NeilBlanchard 06-03-2011 10:26 PM

Welcome to EM Andrew!

I'd recommend some aero mods and pumping up your tires.

blade 06-03-2011 10:33 PM

welcome to em glad you love the site

apc 06-03-2011 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeilBlanchard (Post 242957)
Welcome to EM Andrew!

I'd recommend some aero mods and pumping up your tires.

just today I inflated the tires past mfg spec. front are about 46psi, rear about 44. they were 36/34 respectively before. front max is 61psi, rear is 46. I'm confused on that... pretty sure they're the same make/model tires. I'll have to take a closer look tomorrow.

once I get done with some crop work tomorrow I'll be seeing what I have lying around that'd work for some aero mods. I'm thinking blocking off some of the grill should be immediately doable and still look clean.

I like the pizza pan wheel mod. I'll be giving that a try. though while my front wheel clearance is relatively short, my rear wheel clearance is pretty tall. at least 8". I'll be on the lookout for some black plastic (my truck is black) that could do the trick while still being aesthetically appealing.

the bed is my biggest concern. for the immediate future I'm thinking a tarpeez. I do still want a clear rear view, and having a preference for poor man's mods, short of a full homebrew sloped cover with plexiglass I think that's the best I can do at the moment.

backyard engineer 06-06-2011 10:51 PM

economy is a beautiful thing, beware modding is contagious.

apc 06-06-2011 11:12 PM

I come from a history of rice-rocketing and 4wheel off-roading. consider me highly vulnerable to infection.

apc 06-07-2011 07:34 PM

I'm impressed thus far with what few changes I've made. all I've done is upped the tire pressure and added the grille block, but I've also been doing a lot of P&G and putting it in neutral whenever stopped.

I filled the tank and didn't top off, and after going about 100miles so far the needle has just barely come off of full. normally by now I'd be down a quarter tank. I like it!

apc 06-13-2011 09:55 PM

just filled up this morning at the same time, same station, same pump. 18.92mpg

that's a 20% improvement.

I love this forum!