EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://ecomodder.com/forum/introductions.html)
-   -   Hi from Poland with lupo 3L (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/hi-poland-lupo-3l-21231.html)

mocherix 03-31-2012 07:01 AM

Hi from Poland with lupo 3L

Hello everywone,

I am Michal and I need help of someone who know how to adjust changed gear (5th) in Lupo 3L... New gear is not original(I took it from VW Polo 1.9sdi - slower 5th) and when I change into 5th it is automaticly change to N and I have to turn off the car and start again.

Can anybody help ?

larrybuck 04-01-2012 02:39 PM

Welcome! I think we have at least 3 very active people from your country here.

I would suggest that you post your question in the Ecomodding Central section.
Many active people seldom visit the Into section, due to being more interested
in the middle of the sandwich so to speak.

Sounds like a good car overall for high priced fuel.

Vekke 04-02-2012 02:08 AM

Hi,

I have also a lupo 3L and long thread about its modifications.

So do you get the fifth gear on or does it just change to neutral when fifth should go in? Changing the gears should not effect the gear changing mechanism. Did you check thegearbox functioning with VAG com adaptation and clutch creep settings. That will thell you where the fault propably is. Probably some misangliments of that gear actuator.

Why did you put shorter fitft gear ratio?
How long did it take to change the gear and did you have to take the gearbox out?

AndrzejM 04-02-2012 02:55 AM

Hi Michal,

Welcome here! I think reason for gearbox to change to N may be different, not the 5th gear ratio. Check everything else around gearbox, maybe connector, missing or mailfunctioning switch.

Good luck

Andrzej

mocherix 04-02-2012 08:22 AM

Thanks for replies,
It's change to N a few seconds after 5th gear is on, it seems like car "thinking" what to do.
I did check faults by Vag and after this situation there are 2 faults of valves from acutator
I will try make adaptaion again.

Vekke I had to take out the gearbox becouse this gear was completely destroyed, cost of new 5th gear is terrible high so I use other for free :)
I spent two days on this work.

I can't belive too that problem is with gear ratio but I don't know what to do now :(

Vekke 04-02-2012 02:04 PM

So you need to do this test with vag com:

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index...sion_%28085%29

Write step by step what you try to do and what the car does. So you put the fifth on in manual mode and it uses the gear two seconds and then pulls the clutch?

Did you assemble the selector links according to instructions?

I dont think the problem is in the gear ratios...

mocherix 04-02-2012 03:54 PM

I did this adaptation many times without problems and it is not helpful.

It\'s doesnt matter if I try put on the 5th in manual or in automatic, anyway I can drive 2 seconds on 5th and then I have no gears, no reaction when I move the gear shift, the clutch do not pulls.

selector is assembled good.

Vekke 04-03-2012 01:09 AM

ok now I could believe that the problem is inside your ECU. It might have been programmed that with fifith the RPM`s should be something at certain speed. If you have too much variation it might protect itself and change to neutral :/.

What gear ratio did you put in and what is the percentage difference between the two gears?

Lupo 3L gears are:
1st 3,455
2nd 1,955
3rd 1,182
4th 0,813
5th 0,642 and If I remember correctly that is freewheeling

So your new fifth is probably too close to fourth etc :/.

mocherix 04-03-2012 02:38 AM

Is it possible to adjust it in ecu ?

Vekke 04-03-2012 12:50 PM

If the problem is in ECU program you have to go to some tuning shop who know what they are doing. With this I mean best of your country, so not the places where they just try to sell chipping but where they do also harcore modifications to cars.

I believe the ecu thinks you dont have any tooth there because the rpms are so low or something. You could also try to ask VW is they have had any similar problems. For that you need to have a friend in VW dealer because they are not going to give that information to clients.

If you find out what was the problem I am interested to hear because I have plans to install even taller gears on my Lupo...