EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://ecomodder.com/forum/introductions.html)
-   -   Hi from Scotland (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/hi-scotland-13505.html)

clanny 06-08-2010 03:54 AM

Hi from Scotland

Hi. I've recently managed to source a mk1 Insight that's been well cared for (they are extremely rare over here). Owned by a real tech-head so it's running well.

I've so far done about 400 miles in it. The first 320 I was in a hurry and averaged 76.6 mpg and the rest have been in the rain with the lights on and I've averaged 80 mpg for those. I have no idea about the tyres, pressures etc etc etc. I'll get my head round those details in time. First things first - I have to find out how the stereo works! :D

I have to say that it's the polar oposite to drive than my last car but the mpg figures will have me forgetting where to fill her up!

I've been lurking here for a while but now I've got a decent mpg car I thought I'd say hi. I plan to read loads and I probably won't say too much for a while. I will be looking for ways to make my car more efficient and make the fuel last longer.

All the best,

Sean

Daox 06-08-2010 07:15 AM

Nice find clanny. The Insight is an amazing vehicle. I'd love to own one.

groar 06-14-2010 09:14 AM

Welcome onboard :)

You are such a lucky guy. I read that Honda sold only a few dozen insight I in Europe... (can't remember the source). I'm happy to see insight II regularly :)

With 66 MPG(US) you are already doing better than I do in my turbo diesel :thumbup: and you are also doing it cleanlier than I do :cool:

Also even if the stock CdA of my Megane is rather low (I have to verify if I reached a Prius stock CdA) I will never be able to reach the small CdA of your car :-( Do you wish to ecomod it ?

Denis.

clanny 06-14-2010 09:37 AM

Thanks Denis. I believe that there were only 80 sold in the UK and that number has been boosted by around 150 by jap imports. I was told that this car was the Honda works car but I'm not sure what that means. I'll see if I can dig through any info I have and find out any more of the history.

I've now done 600+ miles and the car is currently in for its MOT (UK road worthiness check). I'll refill it tonight and post up the numbers for the first tank. It shouldn't be hard to beat those figures because the first 300+ miles I was driving the car home and I was in a hurry so I was popping along at 60-80 mph depending on traffic.

I do plan to do some eco mods on the car yes. I've been playing with FAS and think that an FAS switch would be helpful. I also like the idea of an IMA disable switch to prevent me charging the car when I'm going uphill. I think the warm air feed will be next, however I'd prefer to get a spare intake before modding one permanently.