EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://ecomodder.com/forum/introductions.html)
-   -   Hi from Sweden! (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/hi-sweden-37068.html)

Telemachos 12-06-2018 09:20 AM

Hi from Sweden!

Hello EcoModders!

I've had lots of crazy ideas on how to improve my FE over the years, and what do you know, there's a whole community dedicated to the cause!

I'm currently piloting a Hyundai i10 2011 and the Swedish tax records has it down at 4.7 liter per 100km (mixed driving) which is just about 50 MPG! Can this really be? Sounds way too high looking at the top 10 MPG list on the front page.

Daox 12-06-2018 09:31 AM

Welcome to the site.

euromodder 12-06-2018 05:36 PM

Welcome to ecomodder

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telemachos (Post 585322)
I'm currently piloting a Hyundai i10 2011 and the Swedish tax records has it down at 4.7 liter per 100km (mixed driving) which is just about 50 MPG! Can this really be? Sounds way too high looking at the top 10 MPG list on the front page.

Do you mean the MPG is too high
(high is good with MPG - but it becomes harder and harder to improve 1 MPG as you go up ...)

Or that your 4,7L/100km is too high ?
Or too low :rolleyes:

The i10's official fuel economy numbers are established thru the not-very-realistic NEDC (the old New EU Driving Cycle).
Matching those means you're already doing pretty good !

If you keep a fuel record, you may find the i10 EPA numbers for fuel economy - these will be a lot worse (thus easier to beat ;) )

RedDevil 12-06-2018 06:33 PM

Welcome!

The I10 has great potential for being an MPG marvel. Just don't drive it with a lead foot over short distances, like my wife does :)

Still, including purchase price, our I10 is pretty much unbeatable economy wise. As we won it in a lottery! it happens :-)

Telemachos 12-10-2018 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by euromodder (Post 585371)
Welcome to ecomodder

Do you mean the MPG is too high
(high is good with MPG - but it becomes harder and harder to improve 1 MPG as you go up ...)

Or that your 4,7L/100km is too high ?
Or too low :rolleyes:

The i10's official fuel economy numbers are established thru the not-very-realistic NEDC (the old New EU Driving Cycle).
Matching those means you're already doing pretty good !

If you keep a fuel record, you may find the i10 EPA numbers for fuel economy - these will be a lot worse (thus easier to beat ;) )

Hi! I meant that the stated 4,7L/100km seems too optimistic to me, seeing how that will put my un-modded, "vanilla" i10 at around 50 MPG. I agree that the NEDC values don't seemt too realistic.

I haven't yet got a OBDII reader to get the actual values, but here's for hoping ;)

Telemachos 12-10-2018 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedDevil (Post 585376)
Welcome!

The I10 has great potential for being an MPG marvel. Just don't drive it with a lead foot over short distances, like my wife does :)

Still, including purchase price, our I10 is pretty much unbeatable economy wise. As we won it in a lottery! it happens :-)

Good stuff!

I'm more conscious about my driving style now, but Stockholm rush-hour is a start n' stop nightmare (even on a bicycle!).

I'm planning on getting a OBDII reader to track my mileage, does anyone have any experience with the PLX Kiwi 2? Looks pretty flashy with all its cool graphs...

mpg_numbers_guy 12-10-2018 08:29 AM

I used this adapter with the Torque Lite app on my Civic. Worked fairly well.

jakobnev 12-10-2018 01:11 PM

Quote:

Hi! I meant that the stated 4,7L/100km seems too optimistic to me, seeing how that will put my un-modded, "vanilla" i10 at around 50 MPG. I agree that the NEDC values don't seemt too realistic.
I don't think 50MPG is too unrealistic for a car that small. It will just take a lot of discipline.

MetroMPG 12-10-2018 03:59 PM

Belated welcome to the forum, Telemachos!

So, have you been tracking your actual fuel consumption? Sounds like maybe not until recently.

How are you doing against the official rating?

Telemachos 12-18-2018 07:00 AM

Just about to enter my first values on the site, guess it takes a couple of refills before you get a decent trend though.

I also went on a bit of a spree and ordered the new PLX Kiwi 4 to get live MPG data (good luck I'll ever see that paying for it self in the near future...) So I'll be able to see if the stated mileage is off the mark soon enough!