Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2013, 01:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Amelia Pond - '13 Honda CR-Z Base
Hello! 2013 CR-Z Here!

Hello! Names Kumar!
This is my car
So after this whole government shutdown I was trying to see how I can best save gas milage. My car is currently rated at
36City 37Combined 39 Highway
But I have been able to get a bit higher.
Highest mpg in a trip was 56 ( I have images but I can't post them )
Now I didn't build my car for economy because I never though of it to be what I was about. But paychecks not coming and I figure I may as well learn from the best.

I have done a bunch of performance mods which seem to have affected my MPG in a positive light ( lowering, and intake, exhaust ) I seem to how a lot more lower end torque allowing me to obtain better MPG ( I could be wrong ) but I never seen my car get this kinda MPG before the mods.

I have a ton of other mods if anyones interested.

Just saying hi and hopefully I will learn lots around here!

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 10-03-2013, 03:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Not banned yet

Blue - '03 Chevy S-10, LS
info and pics or links.
Old 10-03-2013, 04:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Administrator

CM400E - '81 Honda CM400E
90 day: 51.49 mpg (US)

Daox's Grey Prius - '04 Toyota Prius
Team Toyota
90 day: 49.53 mpg (US)

Daox's Insight - '00 Honda Insight
90 day: 64.33 mpg (US)

Swarthy - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage DE
Mitsubishi
90 day: 56.69 mpg (US)

Daox's Volt - '13 Chevrolet Volt
Thanked 2,585 Times in 1,553 Posts
Welcome to the site Kumar. We would love to hear about your CRZ. Its a fun little car with IMO quite a bit of potential.
Old 10-03-2013, 04:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Master EcoWalker

Red Devil - '11 Honda Insight Elegance
Team Honda
90 day: 49.01 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,245 Times in 1,454 Posts
Welcome!

Your CR-Z is just breaking in, so it should get better over time anyway.
Lowering definitely helps reducing air resistance. Getting accustomed with the hybrid system does too, you might need to. I tried to drive economically from day 1, yet it took me almost 10000 kilometers before that became apparent (see my log).

You need 5 posts before you can add links and pics, but just drop in the URLs and a mod will put them up for you.
Read the 100+ hypermiling tips and 65+ mods. Get addicted

For confirmation go to people just like you.
For education go to people unlike yourself.
Old 10-03-2013, 06:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
Hydrogen > EV

Silver Flea - '05 Honda Insight
90 day: 58.96 mpg (US)
I LOVE these. It was a very difficult call between the Mustang and a CR-Z (STi was in there, too). I'd like to see images, too.

The CVT will be a challenge, but you should still be able to do a lot. It depends on how you want it to look, too. I have an example of decent builds and an example of very (ROI) efficient mods lol.

I look forward to following, and make sure you update your fuel log!

Best Tanks:
Mustang - 54.83 mpg (US) at the Green Grand Prix
Insight - 82.91966 mpg (US) over 818.5 miles.
Old 10-03-2013, 06:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
5 Gears of Fury

Spunky - '90 Honda Civic CX
90 day: 35.56 mpg (US)
I really like these cars as well, I wish there were more of them on the site here. Sadly I think Honda shot themselves in the foot with it though - they should have offered a "sport" model that was just a straight gasoline car, and an "eco" version with a smaller ICE and a hybrid system IMO. They are a really neat car, great styling, nice and light, it could have appealed to a lot more people if it was available in two flavours. Welcome to the site, and keep us updated.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
Hydrogen > EV

Silver Flea - '05 Honda Insight
90 day: 58.96 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by War_Wagon View Post
I really like these cars as well, I wish there were more of them on the site here. Sadly I think Honda shot themselves in the foot with it though - they should have offered a "sport" model that was just a straight gasoline car, and an "eco" version with a smaller ICE and a hybrid system IMO. They are a really neat car, great styling, nice and light, it could have appealed to a lot more people if it was available in two flavours. Welcome to the site, and keep us updated.
I disagree.

But for the same reason you want two flavors. Although I am not really a fan of the US Top Gear, when they reviewed it, they were comparing to the CRX, which was fun and sporty- the CRZ doesn't really quench either of the two.

I'd like the same one model, but I'd want more performance and better fuel economy. I know the CRX had a couple[models], but nowadays it seems like the segment is much smaller- and Honda has a tendency to have great cars that it doesn't advertise, and let's die out.

Best Tanks:
Mustang - 54.83 mpg (US) at the Green Grand Prix
Insight - 82.91966 mpg (US) over 818.5 miles.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:07 PM   #8 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

I can't post images yet but I can do this :Pwww(dot)crzforum(dot)com/forum/cr-z-build-threads/16346-leafvillage-build-thread.html
Old 10-03-2013, 09:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
5 Gears of Fury

Spunky - '90 Honda Civic CX
90 day: 35.56 mpg (US)
Ya I get that, I'd like them if they had more of both FE and performance as well. But from a seller's point of view, a 2 seater car is a limited market to start with. A car is such a large investment nowadays that for someone to drop $25k + on a new car (what a CR-Z is around here), that is a niche market (2 seater) to start with, then it has to be what they really want. We would like more FE, the sporty crowd would like it to be peppier and easier to mod. I think they are a good start the way they are, but if Honda wanted to sell more they'd have to either improve them on both fronts, or split them up into two types. More than likely though they will just let them die out, just like Toyota let the regular cab, 4 cylinder, 4x4 Tacoma die out. Niche stuff doesn't pay the bills, sadly. Why spend money advancing the CR-Z when they already have the Insight/Hybrid models for eco minded people, and the Civic SiR etc for the sporty crowd? It's a shame, they are cool little cars and in a few years when they get cheap for a used one I will be on the hunt for one.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

I have had the car since march I have put about 10k Miles on it, I built it with performance in mind and that alone ( INITIALLY ) but I can't afford to do that anymore in these times. so I will be learning the eco route! I am not bad at hypermiling ( I know most of the tactics and what not ) the biggest help I didn't realize was listening to slower music. EDM / Dubstep / 145BPM = 80MPH for me!

Reply  Post New Thread