EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://ecomodder.com/forum/introductions.html)
-   -   Honda element, vw beetle, jeep wrangler... (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/honda-element-vw-beetle-jeep-wrangler-3512.html)

hans2vt 07-03-2008 01:53 PM

Honda element, vw beetle, jeep wrangler...

Hi,

I recently too up hyper mileing. I regularly get 45 mpg on my gas powered 2.0L beetle going to work. Actually more often I'm riding my bike to work.

I inflated my tires up to max, and practice driving without breaks.

Pictures of the vehicles attached. Notice the trust CRX SI which went with me to pick up the Jeep and the Beetle! That car was my favorite ever.

Projects...

Since I started reading ecomodder, I duct taped my Beetle grill (still not sure what that is supposed to accomplish (more aero or more engine temp) and I have no idea if it will make a difference.

I also drive with the scangage, which is FUN!

I'm very interested in mods to my Jeep wrangler - underbody pans seem the most relevant.. I vow that before I'm dead I'll convert the jeep into an electric vehicle. I think that would be a great project - I'm sure there will be kits in 10 years, so I'll wait.

SVOboy 07-03-2008 02:31 PM

Welcome to ecomodder! Sadly, I don't see any pictures, :(

Red 07-03-2008 02:45 PM

No pics, but welcome to EM

hans2vt 07-03-2008 09:37 PM

Pictures!

3 Attachment(s)
Attachment 1085
Attachment 1086
Attachment 1087

Red 07-03-2008 10:13 PM

Kewl :thumbup:

cfg83 07-04-2008 03:17 AM

hans2vt -

Welcome to EM! Ahhhh, the CRX was my favorite car ever.

CarloSW2

hans2vt 07-05-2008 08:17 AM

CRX love affair

Quote:

Originally Posted by cfg83 (Post 40980)
hans2vt -

Welcome to EM! Ahhhh, the CRX was my favorite car ever.

CarloSW2

My CRX story...

When i was 12 I decided I wanted one. A yellow one.

When I was 18 I bought my 89 Silver CRX Si with 62k. I really wanted the HF, but my dad convinced me that I would be happier with more power of the Si. He was right... in my 20's I was glad for the si.

When I was 21 and graduated college, I took my CRX and girlfriend from PA to Grand canyon and colorado.

I lived in Salt Lake a while... that really helped it STOP rusting. PA is bad for rust.

When I was 28 I moved to Vermont and drove the CRX cross country with 190k miles. it overheated a lot - the radiator was original.

When I was 32 I sold it with 220k... eBay for $700, and the 5th muffler fell off as he drove it away.

20 years love affair - There wasn't a part on the CRX except the engine that I hadn't worked on or touched. 5 mufflers, 3 b pipes, 3 alternators, 3 axles/cv joints, timing belt, water pump.

binarycortex 05-07-2009 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hans2vt (Post 40749)
I regularly get 45 mpg on my gas powered 2.0L beetle going to work.

What are you doing to get that kind of mileage. Mods? Techniques? I can only manage an average of 36, I have hit over 40 but only in the afternoon when its warm and with down hills. Granted I have some body damage and am missing the stock front undertray.

hans2vt 05-08-2009 12:52 PM

wrong!

well after I calibrated my scangauge to fuel consumption, i sadly realized this was not right. It's more like 38mph when I try.

I also realized that going to work is more downhill than going home too! going home it's more like 35

I didn't too much except a lot of coasting, minimizing use of brakes. it's backroads and I can coast to a stop at intersections and stuff like that. no traffic lights.

sorry for the false alarm! I was surprised how OFF the scanguage was before I calibrated it.

binarycortex 05-08-2009 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hans2vt (Post 102994)
sorry for the false alarm! I was surprised how OFF the scanguage was before I calibrated it.

I wish i could calibrate my sg, my in-laws borrow my car alot. So my tanks end up at 32ish. :mad: