Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2008, 10:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
Yaris What????

Yari - '07 Toyota Yaris Liftback
Tell me I'm not an ass.

Here is the email I sent to Dell, It explains my problem. I feel like I have been an ass, but I also feel ripped off. Consul me please.

I recently contact support via chat. I would email this to customer support, but am still unable to get my customer number or account number. When I purchased this laptop under a year ago I felt I made a great purchase. A sleek beautiful laptop to replace my quickly aging Everex. I made the purchase just shy of $1500. Now not yet a year later; it has been cripple to a desktop. because of sub-par choice in battery. I feel I have been dupped. I had lost all hope in companies that sold computers that ran Windows. I vowed to only buy Apple when I ran across the M1330. I was warned by more than 3 people not to purchase Dell, but went ahead anyways. Now I do regret my purchase. I should have went with Apple and hoped for a better machine for the same price. I would have gladly paid their premium price for a laptop whose life expectancy is not 1yr. I will not be referring Dell to anyone who wishes to purchase a computer nor will I tell them to get a Compaq/Hp; my only reference will be to Apple. I have had nothing, but consistent problems(bad motherboard, failure of the touch mouse, battery life), and my next purchase will be an Apple. Thank you for reading my email.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 07-26-2008, 10:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Yaris What????

I expect this type of performance for Nicl/Ion batter not Lith.

Old 07-26-2008, 10:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

2012 Golf TDI - '12 Volkswagen Golf TDI
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 45.51 mpg (US)
I have a 1705 that I got at the end of 06. I dont know how long its been now but my power supply went to crap and the lappy dont recognize it any more, so everything is throttled back and such, and it wouldnt charge the battery. I thought the battery went to crap so I got fed up and took it apart, wrecked it.

Could prolly have a new power supply and battery for under $100 but I just havent gotten around to it.

BP-turbo 93 Festiva (long gone)
1/4 mile - 12.50@111.5
Best MPG - 36.8

Old 07-26-2008, 10:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Yaris What????

My battery is $154. For that much it had better last longer

Old 07-27-2008, 01:38 AM   #5 (permalink)
CAUTION: May Stink!!!

BDC's Honda CiViC HX/Si - '98 Honda CiViC HX/Si (HX Shell/Si Swap)
90 day: 40.56 mpg (US)
Send a message via ICQ to BlackDeuceCoupe Send a message via AIM to BlackDeuceCoupe Send a message via MSN to BlackDeuceCoupe Send a message via Yahoo to BlackDeuceCoupe
Sorry, but it sounds like you ARE an ass!

Probably left your battery on charge every time you used wall current...

Probably thought Dell gives a damn about your implied threats...

When you get a new li-ion battery, be smart this time, instead of being an ass, and remove your battery when you don't need it! Run a UPS instead!

That said, the M1330 is the worst lappy Dell ever made (of course they don't make ANY computers, but that's a separate story) but the marketing was GREAT!

That's Dell's fault, not yours...

Sooo... you're an ass and a sucker!

Sorry if I sound rude, but YOU asked - and I don't *feel* like beating around the bush tonight!

I hope you made a better choice in vehicles - didn't look at what you drive before typing this...

EDIT

Oops... you bought a Yaris - the Toyota equivalent of a Dell M1330. Good luck in life - you need it!!! I wish you all the best...

Old 07-27-2008, 02:50 AM   #6 (permalink)
What? THIS IS MY GOOD CAR

The Japillac - '87 Honda Accord LXi Sedan
90 day: 31.77 mpg (US)

Ranchero GT - '73 Ford Ranchero GT

Spaz - '83 Chevy S10 4X4 Tahoe
90 day: 27.53 mpg (US)
Send a message via ICQ to justpassntime
Yup your an ass for not listening to the three people that told you not to buy it. Other than that you better ask your wife, she's always right.

Old 07-27-2008, 03:01 AM   #7 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to BlackDeuceCoupe Send a message via AIM to BlackDeuceCoupe Send a message via MSN to BlackDeuceCoupe Send a message via Yahoo to BlackDeuceCoupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by justpassntime View Post
Other than that you better ask your wife, she's always right.
In the defense of women...

Women just want two things in life...
  1. To always have things go their way.
  2. To make their own decisions.

I don't see HIS choice of lappys as being paramount in the scheme of things!

I don't know if someone elses' poor decisions makes any differerence to women, except in so far as it affects them...

For the most part, they just want some 'breathing room', albeit it, choking you in the process!

Old 07-27-2008, 03:16 AM   #8 (permalink)

Um...

Speaking of vicious predators - are there any chicks on this site?

I haven't seen any...

Old 07-27-2008, 03:40 AM   #9 (permalink)
Pokémoderator

1999 Saturn SW2 - '99 Saturn SW2 Wagon
Team Saturn
90 day: 40.49 mpg (US)
Yaristock -

I come from the world of low expectations. I don't expect Dell or any PC manufacturer to come through for me. I know I am a battery destroyer because I don't have the time to spend on carefully maintaining the health of the battery.

That said, I had a Dell Inspiron 8200 work fine for me since 2002. Yes, its battery got wimpy after a year, but a plug has always been within reach (most indie coffee joints have them). I even doubled the number of batteries for awhile because the PC had that option. It's only real fault in the last year+ has been a failing screen that is probably a worn out video cable (works fine when I output to external CRT). Right now I am typing on a Dell Latitude D630. Too early to know if there will problems (presently knocking on virtual wood).

Until recently, if I had a choice, I would have looked into AlienWare, but now Dell owns them too, so I am not optimistic about the quality of their product in the future, .

I'll be happy to switch to a Mac (aka Unix) when they own 51% of the market.

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? Go Here and find out!
American Solar Energy Society

Old 07-27-2008, 04:07 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfg83 View Post
Yaristock -

I come from the world of low expectations. I don't expect Dell or any PC manufacturer to come through for me. I know I am a battery destroyer because I don't have the time to spend on carefully maintaining the health of the battery.

That said, I had a Dell Inspiron 8200 work fine for me since 2002. Yes, its battery got wimpy after a year, but a plug has always been within reach (most indie coffee joints have them). I even doubled the number of batteries for awhile because the PC had that option. It's only real fault in the last year+ has been a failing screen that is probably a worn out video cable (works fine when I output to external CRT). Right now I am typing on a Dell Latitude D630. Too early to know if there will problems (presently knocking on virtual wood).

Until recently, if I had a choice, I would have looked into AlienWare, but now Dell owns them too, so I am not optimistic about the quality of their product in the future, .

I'll be happy to switch to a Mac (aka Unix) when they own 51% of the market.

CarloSW2
The 'problem' with Li-ion batteries is they'll only charge X-amount of times - like 200-300 times. So, while it's butch to claim you're tough on batteries, the fact is, most ppl needlessly murder them by leaving them on the wall charger ALL the time!

My 18-month old Toshiba battery works like brand new! Only used/charged it, like, 20-30 times since I've owned it! Like you implied - there's a 120 jack on every wall in America. Why waste your battery?!?!?

On expectations - don't worry too much about your D630 - those things are tanks!

The M1330 is a metrosexual toy, kinda like the Yaris...

BTW, Dell doesn't make anything! 90% of all lappys (soon to be 100%) are made by 7-8 factories in China these days. All they do is slap Dell (or whomsoever) logo on them!

Closed Thread  Post New Thread