EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Instrumentation (https://ecomodder.com/forum/instrumentation.html)
-   -   How to get Ultragauge to recognize EOC? (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/how-get-ultragauge-recognize-eoc-15618.html)

bluejoey 12-30-2010 12:20 AM

How to get Ultragauge to recognize EOC?

How do you get an Ultraguage to recognize (i.e., not shut off) when you are engine off coasting? I'm experimenting with EOC in my new Ultragauge, and it turns off within a few seconds of when I turn the key to ACC. It doesn't come on again until I turn the engine back on, at which point, both the instantaneous and avg MPG fluctuate for a minute, suggesting the UG wasn't recording the extra distance I traveled without consuming fuel. I've read that when some kind of hybrid mode is engaged, the UG will either stay on or somehow understand that you're moving without fuel, and it will keep your Avg MPG and distance updated. How do I do this please? Thanks!

NeilBlanchard 12-30-2010 12:45 PM

Is there a "Hybrid" mode or engine setting? On a ScanGuage, that does the trick.

bluejoey 12-30-2010 07:25 PM

I've been looking through the manual, but haven't found one. The closest I saw was an option for DFCO, and I don't know if that will have the desired effect.

SentraSE-R 12-31-2010 02:25 AM

SG & UG both fail to record distance while the key is in the ACC position & you're EOC. I've noticed a difference of about .3 miles during a 10 mile loop when I'm P&Ging w/EOC, v. driving the same loop with cruise control.

One difference is when the SG is in hybrid mode, it displays instantaneous mpg during EOC. The UG doesn't display impg during EOC, but does record trip and average mpg parameters.

Another difference is the UG doesn't display trip average mpg during the first minute of total time the ignition key is on after the trip is reset. Instead, it displays a fluctuating impg in the trip avg mpg display space for that first minute when the key is on.

bluejoey 12-31-2010 03:42 PM

Thanks for the information, SentraSE-R. It looks like it's just not an included feature. Oh well. At least I've got one now. I just started a fresh tank and am eager to see what I can do with this instantaneous feedback.

BamZipPow 01-21-2011 12:10 AM

I'm thinking you would have to find a way to enable power to the ECU with a switch/relay setup... ;)

Niner 01-21-2011 03:28 PM

Yeah, I can validate the UG continues to collect data when I use my injector kill switch (which turns the engine off, but not the ECU). Unfortunately, it displays 0 instantaneous MPG, rather than 999, but I guess it's a matter of tastes (it's divide-by-zero handling).

jakobnev 01-21-2011 04:55 PM

Isn't this the problem that was solved in a previous thread by installing a kill-switch to stop the engine instead of using the key?

The thread i'm thinking of.