EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://ecomodder.com/forum/lounge.html)
-   -   How to make electric vehicle sales 75% of new car sales (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/how-make-electric-vehicle-sales-75-new-car-39404.html)

oil pan 4 05-24-2021 12:11 AM

How to make electric vehicle sales 75% of new car sales

I think this video contains how make people hate electric vehicles and love them.

danger, Australians speaking Australian, not safe for work, church, bars, biker gang club houses, merchant marine vessels, prisons, Oil rigs, coal mines, battery mines, gitmo, hell, ect

freebeard 05-24-2021 12:15 PM

Those presenter twins are fascinating. They have emotive faces, but their voices sound like they're coming from over your shoulder.

redpoint5 05-24-2021 01:11 PM

I've never found it a compelling argument to say that we should do something because someone else does it. Most of us are sheeple though, and feel better being among the herd than venturing out into the wilderness of ideas. Not saying that's a bad thing, as human survival apparently requires mostly unified thought even when it's muddled.

We in the US shouldn't aspire to be like the EU, we should aspire to be better.

Anyhow, opposing the tax is probably fine, I just don't like the argument that I should or shouldn't do something because some other knuckle-dragging neanderthal is also doing it.

freebeard 05-24-2021 05:22 PM

Quote:

...some other knuckle-dragging neanderthal
Why do you use that as a pejorative?

Neanderthal DNA makes people less likely to shoot up birthday parties.

oil pan 4 05-24-2021 06:21 PM

We shouldn't do something because someone else is doing it. I say if we like that idea, steal it.
Being more like the EU would be regressive.

redpoint5 05-24-2021 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freebeard (Post 648773)
Why do you use that as a pejorative?

Neanderthal DNA makes people less likely to shoot up birthday parties.

Didn't mean to hit so close to home :p

Just the first thing to come to mind. Given more thought I'd probably say Troglodyte.

freebeard 05-24-2021 08:03 PM

Change is good.

Piotrsko 05-25-2021 11:22 AM

Pretty sure the agrarian homo sapiens is the most agressive of the bunch.

oil pan 4 05-25-2021 05:32 PM

I don't see the agrarians looting and burning cities, beating down people in the streets in broad day light.
They are harmless as long as you leave them alone.

cRiPpLe_rOoStEr 05-25-2021 06:27 PM

Arguments pointing out EVs as the one-size-fits-all solution are usually shallow, yet another tax rendering them undesirable in the eyes of those who otherwise could be reasonably served by an EV is also troublesome.

Quote:

Originally Posted by redpoint5 (Post 648753)
I just don't like the argument that I should or shouldn't do something because some other knuckle-dragging neanderthal is also doing it

Reminds me of those teens who claim to be "rebel" and "breaking standards", while much of that behavior actually becomes some sort of standard despite their claims.