EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   General Efficiency Discussion (https://ecomodder.com/forum/general-efficiency-discussion.html)
-   -   How many total miles do you commute every day? (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/how-many-total-miles-do-you-commute-every-6362.html)

Daox 12-10-2008 08:36 AM

How many total miles do you commute every day?
 
How many total miles do you commute every day on average?

I personally drive 41 miles a day to work and back total. However, I voted 51-75 because my wife drives the car once she drops me off. I'm sure some days its 76+.

checkbit 12-10-2008 09:06 AM

i used to do 200+ miles per day - i did that for a little over a year. now, i've moved closer to work and it's 75-80 miles round-trip.




.

Matt Herring 12-10-2008 09:24 AM

I have an 8 mile round trip commute...mostly 30 mph with a little 1/4 mile 40 mph stretch.

MazdaMatt 12-10-2008 09:37 AM

27km to work... I used to live 11km from work and my commute took LONGER. I used to pass about 16 lights, sometimes stopping at over ten red lights and fighting heavy agressive traffic, I now only pass 2 lights and they are always green and my route is all 80km/h country roads. I now live in a different town than i work, whereas before i worked in the same town!

i_am_socket 12-10-2008 10:07 AM

Last year my commute was ~80 miles/day. Then I moved and halved the distance. Then I got another job that only tacked on an additional 5 miles/day.

Now if I could just cut out the traffic, lights, and tolls...

My fiance works ~5 miles from our home. If it was me, I'd bike that every day and stop driving.

PaleMelanesian 12-10-2008 10:17 AM

8-10 miles one way, depending on my route.

tasdrouille 12-10-2008 10:44 AM

I voted 11-25 as my usual daily commute is 8 miles each way. But once per 2 weeks I have a 205 miles each way commute. So my average daily commute would be more like 54.9 miles.

wagonman76 12-10-2008 12:39 PM

51 miles here total round trip, if I go the way I usually go. But if I have to pick one of the kids up in Boyne City, its a few more miles on the home trip.

cfg83 12-10-2008 01:02 PM

Daox -

I put 51-75. It may actually be a few miles more than 75, depending on how I adjust my route.

CarloSW2

Tony Raine 12-10-2008 01:14 PM

i voted 26-50, but i'm at the very bottom of that range. my work commute is about 10 miles one way. 75% highway with a 55 mph speed limit (about half gently rolling hills, half dead-flat), and the other 25% is low traffic (when i drive it) city with about 6 stoplights. i have the option to take the highway almost all the way to work, but the speed limit increases to 65 right after my normal exit. so i stick to the slower stuff


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:21 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2
All content copyright EcoModder.com