EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Hybrids (https://ecomodder.com/forum/hybrids.html)
-   -   Hybrid town (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/hybrid-town-29974.html)

RedDevil 09-13-2014 03:52 PM

Hybrid town

This part of town has mostly semidetached houses owned by pensioners (we're the odd ones out) who spend their time gardening (again, not us - and getting foul looks for it). Not a very progressive neighborhood.

The neigbour across the street has a Saab but his girlfriend (remember, pensioners) has a second gen Prius.
Their next door neighbour has swapped his big wagon for a Toyota Yaris Hybrid (= Prius C) lately.

Today, my next door neighbour parked a spotless new shiny black Honda Jazz (=Fit) Hybrid in the street and was all over it, taking photos and looking genuinely happy. Guess he owns it, haven't spoken him yet, but can't miss.

And there's mine.
The head of the street is a nest of hybrids now :)

Cobb 09-13-2014 08:53 PM

Thats nice. I know some countries require you to buy a car or get a newer one than a few years old.

My community has a range of vehicles. Other than me the prius 3 owners own a business and have their cars wrapped.

When I worked at the bank you saw a lot of prius vehicles. Sad part was most of those drivers averaged less than what an eco driver could with a traditional vehicle.

I sometimes think about owning a gasser again, but when driving my sidekick getting 20 mpg sucks. 100 miles on 5 gallons. :eek: I go 100 miles in the insight and it still reads full. :thumbup:

sendler 09-14-2014 07:50 AM

No Fit hybrid for the USA this year.

RedDevil 09-14-2014 03:44 PM

Spoke my neighbor today. He has the panoramic roof and EX level trim, so cloth chairs and no navigation, but all of the rest.
He liked the Fit as it can easily carry his wife's wheelchair in the boot. He also had her (already high) passenger seat raised so she can get in and out even easier. She can walk - most of the time.

He was pleased with the overall quality (coming from a 10 year old Hyundai Getz) and even more so when I pointed out some of the extra's, as technically it is almost a carbon copy of my Insight.
We talked for half an hour until I was called a way. I feel I could talk for a week ;)

sendler 09-14-2014 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedDevil (Post 445395)
almost a carbon copy of my Insight.

The hybrid system in the new Jazz/ Fit is very different from either Insight.
#Video - #Honda to Release all-New #Fit and Fit Hybrid in Japan - YouTube

RedDevil 09-14-2014 05:35 PM

I know, but he bough a 2013 Jazz with the old system.
It looks spotless though, not a scratch on the plastic, everything looks mint but for the old worn and wrinkled floormats on top of the floormats. A penny saved ;)