EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Hypermiling / EcoDriver's Ed (https://ecomodder.com/forum/hypermiling-ecodrivers-ed.html)
-   -   Hypermiling Awareness Tear-Off Printout/Cards/Etc? (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/hypermiling-awareness-tear-off-printout-cards-etc-26397.html)

101Volts 07-15-2013 02:58 PM

Hypermiling Awareness Tear-Off Printout/Cards/Etc?

I once saw something on here I could print out which had tear-off pieces on it for hypermiling awareness. It had this website's address on it and the tear-off pieces. Where is it? I'd like to have access to it and also, Print-out cards for the website to I can hand them out to people instead of writing something on a receipt for people; It might get more people into it if I hand them cards, Anyway. I tried searching for these things, But to no avail. I'd find it if I looked long enough but here I am, Asking instead.

So please if you know, Post away.

EDIT: Here's a link to Lordherald's thread for further discussion of the matter:

http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...ffs-26454.html

MetroMPG 07-17-2013 09:34 AM

Can't say I remember seeing such a thing, but I also don't always see every single thread...

101Volts 07-17-2013 01:36 PM

Perhaps I was mistaking this site for CleanMPG.com or another hypermiling site. Still, It would be nice to have such a thing so hypermiling - Within safety - Can be more widely known.

justme1969 07-17-2013 01:45 PM

Do you speak of these?
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/mark-your-mpg-your-windows-raise-awareness-1579.html[/URL]

On better mpg site we did have a printable card for handouts at car shows etc. but that was 9 years back not even sure if better mpg even exists now.

101Volts 07-18-2013 07:08 PM

No, I went through that topic. What other hypermiling websites are there, Other than "Hypermiling.com" and "CleanMPG.com"? I may have seen it on another website instead.

lordherald 07-18-2013 07:17 PM

This should be pretty easy to set up in word or publisher. Word has templates available to print your own business cards and there are paper stocks available to print out that are pre perforated. This would give you a little more room to sell the site and the concept.
I will check and see if there are tear off templates.

lordherald 07-18-2013 07:27 PM

What they have premade is like the kind of advertising you see pinned up on store boards.
These have room at the top for your own display ad and then a row of tear offs at the bottom where you would put the contact info.
With the business card template you would get ten per page with the options of two sided and also vertical. This would be the most eco friendly if you were to physically hand them out.
It would also allow you to print them out on lesser quality paper and cut them by hand. Most office stores sell a cheap paper cutter that has a rolling blade instead of the old chopping arm.
I will have time on Saturday to work something up but would want to Know what info to include and would need permission to use the sites logo.

MetroMPG 07-19-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 101Volts (Post 381078)
No, I went through that topic. What other hypermiling websites are there, Other than "Hypermiling.com" and "CleanMPG.com"? I may have seen it on another website instead.

Checked at gassavers.org?

lordherald 07-19-2013 05:44 PM

Here is a quick mock-up. This is a front and back of a business card that would fit to 10 to a page.

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps7b360a88.png

sheepdog 44 07-19-2013 08:01 PM

It needs a car to make it a little more obvious. I'd leave the top left wrench blank and use it for a QR code so they scan it with their smartphones. Fix the letters on "wrench smart - drive smarter - save fuel."

lordherald 07-19-2013 08:26 PM

I agree with needing a car. I didn't want to put one on without permission from the owner.
I think the QR code was an excellent idea. I don't use them myself but see many who do.
I need a better quality image or the fonts that were used for the cleanup of the text. The images i used i pulled in off of google.
I will make a few changes and upload it again.

lordherald 07-19-2013 08:47 PM

Here is an update.
I added a legit QR Code this will direct you to the front page of ecomodder.com
I snagged the car picture from ecomodder but it was linked in from the net. I would prefer to use a member car, truck, bike if someone is willing to volunteer.
I can anonamize the image using Illustrator so that it will look like a cartoonish version of the real thing if needed.
The QR code was generated from a free online generator.
If someone could check it with a phone to make sure it works would be helpful.

http://qrfree.kaywa.com/?l=1&s=8&d=h...omodder.com%2F

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/a...pscf198b3e.png

lordherald 07-19-2013 08:50 PM

Nevermind on the QR Code I just installed a reader on my phone and it sent me directly to the main page.

lordherald 07-19-2013 10:07 PM

Version 3
Still need:
Volunteers for cars, trucks, bikes.
Permission to distribute
I found the font though it is called Neuropol

Comments please even if you think this is stupid, ugly or whatever.

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/a...pse7f83e41.png

lordherald 07-19-2013 10:19 PM

Oh I forgot to add that I think the tips should be ones that people can do with the least amount of work. The simple stuff like air in the tires and cleaning the trunk out. Even if the receiver of the card doesn't change much every little bit helps the overall picture of fuel usage.
What if everyone drove 1 mph slower?

MetroMPG 07-19-2013 10:51 PM

Still need the larger logo? I actually don't have an extra-large version. Something around 350px is all I've got.

Neuropol is right.

MetroMPG 07-19-2013 10:51 PM

PS: Unicorn power. :D

lordherald 07-19-2013 11:12 PM

I ran the logo through illustrator and was able to smooth it out a bit. The larger one might be nice as it gives the processing engine more to work with.
How about using Blackfly in the upper corner on the first one. Do you have any nice pics?
A 3/4 view would be sweet if it has the skirts showing.

MetroMPG 07-19-2013 11:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
logo - found a bigger one... see attachment.

I actually don't have a decent 3/4 view of the Firefly with the rear skirts.

lordherald 07-20-2013 12:20 AM

Metrompg thanks!
The logo you provided had a brighter color than the one I was working with before.
I have added a few tips form the hypermiling guide and a little money math for the front.

Comments?

The text is easily adjustable on my end and can be adapted to specific events, meets, whatever.

The finished sheet would have ten copies on the front with ten backsides.

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps493f4f8b.png

sheepdog 44 07-20-2013 08:59 AM

Nitpicking, I think the front should have a black border around the green area. If you want a real car for the back, i think Basjoos's AeroCivic is the most car to use. This is perfect for fuel economy events and meets, or just to hand out as information about your car, and where you can learn more.

On the back, the average person no idea what hypermiling is. I suggest a small parenthesis underneath of (increasing fuel economy), or (beating the EPA mpg) (tips for saving fuel) or some combination.

Thanks, your doing all of us a great service!

lordherald 07-20-2013 03:06 PM

Here is another sample.
I increased the overall size of both the front and back to cut down the white space.
I added a couple of user vehicles (Basjoos and Aerohead if you hate the pics but are ok with the use send me different ones)
I picked the truck because it shows that this isn't just little cars.
added the black edge on the green If this isn't what you were thinking let me know.
Edited the text and moved things around a bit.
I will work on a display with tear offs to hang in stores, shops, whatever but will do it in a new thread especially since i hijacked this one.
I will run the auto pictures through photoshop when I work up a final set.
And I am saving each version just in case if goes to far astray.
http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps556e4457.png

MetroMPG 07-21-2013 12:39 PM

Excellent!

Sven7 07-21-2013 10:22 PM

Don't forget...
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7138/7...06d7f966_b.jpg

;)

101Volts 07-22-2013 06:22 PM

Perhaps mention driving safe on the card(s); Hypermiling is about getting more miles per gallon, But at the same time it's not about being an unsafe driver while doing so.

I, A 21-year old driver, Sometimes was hypermiling too much. I had a dream that I hypermiled off a cliff and the car ended up going in a loop-de-loop system while it slowed down; It's good to hypermile, But not too much.

Also, The Ten Commandments of Hypermiling got a laugh out of me, Thanks.

lordherald 07-22-2013 08:59 PM

Sven7 i dig it. I think i will make more than one version of the final.
101Volts I agree that there should be a safety message on the card.

I will do some thinking about this and see what I came up with.
I have a feeling that If I did a questionnaire to the members that we would get an enormous number of differences in what the 10 most important things were.

I am going to start a second thread for the sign with tear-offs and will be just asking for suggestions for content first. an 8 1/2 X 11 has a lot of room on it and could carry a lot more info. So If you are reading this thread and have a thought no matter how minor I want to hear it.

deathtrain 07-22-2013 09:24 PM

I think number 9 needs to be moved to number 1. I have the usual people (like every one else) laugh at me about my Hypermiling. The first thing i ask is what is "your" MPG? They usually don't know. So I tell them that before I will discuss with them any more. That they need to bring me three gas fill ups and miles per tank. Most call me a smug SOB tree huger and walk off. Some though walk up to me in a few weeks and very silently, while looking around. (kinda like when we where younger buying drugs.) " Hey man I been watching my mpg's and I am spending too much on gas. Can you help me?"

lordherald 07-22-2013 09:29 PM

I like that, I didn't really pay attention to the order when setting them up I just plagiarized off of the 65+ page!

101Volts 07-23-2013 02:33 AM

I agree about "Track Your MPG" Being moved to #1. Also a graph of how much so-and-so miles (Say, 12,000) at various miles per gallon (10 to 40, For example) will cost a person out of his/her pocketbook may be helpful. That might not be fit for a tiny card but for somewhere else on this site I imagine it'll be useful, Is something like that here already? I'm not talking about the fillup tracking section.

Sven7 07-24-2013 10:42 PM

Well, one thing's for sure- don't mention modding. Many people, my mother included, seem to think that putting a piece of cardboard over the grille is going to make their car explode. Funny how she loved my Probe so much but couldn't bring herself to allow a simple upper grille block.

lordherald 07-24-2013 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sven7 (Post 382021)
Well, one thing's for sure- don't mention modding. Many people, my mother included, seem to think that putting a piece of cardboard over the grille is going to make their car explode. Funny how she loved my Probe so much but couldn't bring herself to allow a simple upper grille block.

I think that modding is kind of a thing that the converted or someone who is a natural gearhead would do.
If you were at an event that was about alternative ideas you might want to mention modding. But so far we haven't.

101Volts 07-25-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sven7 (Post 382021)

My mother said to not remove the roof racks from her van.

*shrug*

Maybe there's something to it that I don't see, Though the AVG MPG she got since I reset her van's AVG FE meter is about 17.5 and it would be nice to up it by three.

sheepdog 44 07-25-2013 07:22 PM

Milage is spelled mileage.

lordherald 07-26-2013 11:22 PM

Thanks for noticing the misspelling Illustrator will check spelling but it is a pain.
I fixed it but will wait until I make other changes to post it.

101Volts 02-26-2014 03:59 PM

I still think it's a good idea to share this through cards. Though I myself haven't actually made any cards, I've just suggested the idea.

sheepdog 44 04-05-2014 10:10 PM

Hmm....., i know of a hundred or so enthusiasts at an event who just might be interested in ecomodding and hypermiling.:) I'll write some text in a day or two if someone can kindly photoshop it into the original image. Then i'll have some business cards printed at the local Staples.
Quote:

Originally Posted by lordherald (Post 381330)

MetroMPG 04-06-2014 09:19 AM

I'll add the text if you like. PM me if I don't respond to this thread.

And where will you be finding these 100 victims? I mean enthusiasts? :D

sheepdog 44 04-07-2014 08:07 PM

It looks like a double sided card is a no go at Staples. You'll need to condense it into one image. It needs to be 1050 X 600 pixels to be the optimal size to fit everything.

Document Trim Size (final size after being cut)
3.50" x 2.00"
89 x 51 mm
1050 x 600 pixels
* Please be sure to keep all text within the safe margin.

Resolution
300 DPI

My layout idea is: Use second image as the base,
Aerohead truck,---"Hypermiling tips text,"--- Basjoos car,
1-----------------------------6
2-----------------------------7,
3-----------------------------,
4-----------------------------,
5-----------------------------8
QR code---Ecomodder Logo.

Text is (feel free to edit as you see fit):

Hypermiling tips:
increase your fuel economy
and beat the EPA ratings!

1, Drive less, Drive smart.
2, Combine errands and Carpool.
3, Keep tires properly inflated.
4, Reduce your speed.
5, Remove junk from your trunk!

6, Remove roof rack when not in use.
7, Drive with load:
lose speed uphill,
Gain speed downhill.
8, Anticipate traffic and red lights.

sheepdog 44 04-07-2014 08:17 PM

Quote:

Hypermiling tips:
increase your fuel economy
and beat the EPA ratings!
Honestly i'm not sure about this part of the text. The purpose of this part should be an invitation. "Hypermiling tips" could be a negative buzzword. Maybe something like "Come join us and," "Start your journey to," etc.

Maybe a catchphrase instead?

MetroMPG 04-08-2014 09:51 AM

This has grown way beyond a simple "replace text" job!