Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2014, 04:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 31.19 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Women and Facebook

Actually, enough said!

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 03-17-2014, 09:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Whats a facebook?
Old 03-18-2014, 01:59 AM   #3 (permalink)
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobb View Post
Whats a facebook?

(click for source)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	facebook.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	14769  

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Piwoslaw For This Useful Post:
Cobb (03-22-2014), NachtRitter (03-18-2014), niky (03-22-2014)
Old 03-18-2014, 01:59 AM   #4 (permalink)
Polymorphic Modder

2006 DaCivic Hybrid - '06 Honda Civic Hybrid
90 day: 45.16 mpg (US)
I think we need to apply for a group government grant to study this topic in depth.
Old 03-22-2014, 02:25 AM   #5 (permalink)
Not Doug

Once again, I never saw responses to my own thread under Recent Posts. Piwoslaw, something about your picture made me laugh hard!

Well, all of us were better off with me not explaining. When I pulled up this thread I mentioned it to my girlfriend, but made sure that she understood that it did not have anything to do with her, which was when new problems started. I really need to study, but I am going to keep Facebook open, to see what she is doing to my wall.

So, one of my Army friends kept liking some page that showed pictures of food. I kept telling Facebook that I did not want to see it and it kept trying to stop following her, but I got it to follow her and claim that I will never see updates from that page again, but nothing worked, not even reporting it as spam, until I finally told her that I was not going to follow her anymore, and followed through. I really think that is why women have Peenterst.

Then there is another Army friend with whom I have had regular difficulties since she deployed. I actually stopped talking to her while she was in Afghanistan, she will try to bring it up, and I tell her that I will stop talking to her again if she mentions what happened. I do not know what is going on, but she posts things like "All men suck, I am serious," except in all caps, and without proper punctuation.

She is one of those people who never use question marks appropriately. She omits them 100% of the time when she asks questions, but will write one or more by themselves, as if that were actually a question, and I ignore almost all of that.

In two months I graduate with my second Bachelor's. Also, if I am upset because I did poorly on a test, my car broke down, or whatever, while other friends \like my misfortunes, she Laughs out Loud. Thanks, battle!

I was trying to figure out what was going on and she gave me a hard time because she had complained about it on her wall, so I went to read it, and was hit with a tidal wave of sewage. Horoscopes, cat pictures, activities in her stupid games, and a great deal of other evidence that she has lost her mind. I came back, said that I was sorry, I did not know what I was trying to find, and she refuses to talk to me. The one reason that I waited to stop following the other friend was that I did want to know if something important happened in her life, but at the same time, dozens and dozens of times I have sent her text messages asking how she was doing, and she usually does not respond. I feel like I need to come up with something crazy just to receive a response. Then I ask how she is doing and she still does not respond.

Have I mentioned that I do not have many good friends?

I apologetically now waste everybody's time because Sunday is Xistday and I told my sister that I wanted to make Carne Asada Lasagne for Xistday. She told me that it sounded disgusting and I responded "Challenge accepted!" However, I was not waiting for Xistday, I was making that the next day!

Except my brother-in-law got injured, so I babysat their kids while they were in the E.R., and then I spent a couple of hours pulling weeds from their back yard. When I was finally going to leave, someone ran over a cat on a busy street. Another car hit the cat before it landed and it ended up in the middle of the lane. I just wanted to move it to the side of the road, so that nobody else would run over it, but I had a difficult time just getting out there, while cars were trying to run over me!

The cat was still alive and looking around!

Once I finally felt safe looking away from oncoming traffic I picked it up, took it to my car, and drove to the nearest animal hospital, but it was too late, so I signed some paperwork, drove home, and hosed off my car and the mat where the cat died.

So, the next day, when I needed to study for my Statistics test, I made:

It is a bad cell phone picture, but I present to the world:

Carne Asada Lasagne:
8 oz lasagne noodles
2 24 oz jars of salsa
1 lb carne asada
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (optional)
salt and pepper to taste
15 oz queso fresco
16 oz (4 cups) mexican shredded cheese
1/2 cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated

Cook the carne asada. I poured a jar of salsa on mine and put it in my crock pot on high for 3-4 hours.
Cook the pasta, if necessary.
Pre-heat the oven to 375°
Separate the meat and salsa, then pull apart the carne asada with two forks.
Combine the cheeses in a bowl.
Spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray.
Evenly spread one cup of salsa on the bottom of the pan.
Lay down 3 sheets of lasagne.
Make four layers with of 1 cup of salsa, 1 cup of cheese, and 1/2 cup of carne asada.
Put the last three pieces of lasagne on top, the last of the sauce, and the remaining cheese.
Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
Remove the foil and bake for another 5 minutes to brown the cheese.
Allow to cool for 15 minutes before devouring.

So, having removed a friend from my news feed for sharing pictures of food, I did the exact same thing!

Last edited by Xist; 11-29-2017 at 12:27 AM.. Reason: question marks, not questions.
Old 03-25-2014, 10:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,387 Times in 3,361 Posts
You don't need many good friends; if you have 1 you are fortunate.

I agree though that you do need good friends. Let the ones go that aren't a positive force in your life.

Facebook is all sorts of bad. It tracks everything you do online, makes you feel superior when your life is better that someone else's, and makes you feel like garbage when your life is less spectacular. My suggestion is to not post your feelings online. Keep in contact with true friends outside of Facebook, in person if possible, or a phone call if not.

I dated a girl once that would post nonstop about how "amazing her man" was, yet I was unsure if I even wanted to date her and told her that we weren't exclusively dating (although I wasn't seeing anyone else). It was so annoying to have her as friends on Facebook, so I blocked her comments from showing up.

My recent ex GF (now wife!) wanted to be Facebook friends, but I refused for the longest time. We were real friends, and besides, I didn't want the opportunity to misinterpret something on her page and feel hurt or insecure.

Written communication is a poor substitute for being present with someone. There are so many ways to interpret things in the worst possible way. My sarcasm is often misinterpreted on this site.

p.s. I'd eat that carne asada lasagne! I'd probably spice it up with jalapenos though. I like the pain.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!

Last edited by redpoint5; 03-25-2014 at 10:21 PM..
Old 03-27-2014, 04:25 AM   #7 (permalink)
Not Doug

RedPoint, I like your thinking!

I used mild salsa because, while my girlfriend is half Chicana (one set of grandparents are from Mexico and happily converse with me in Spanish), she is pure gringa. Actually, when I made my own dang cake, I wanted mango, and since I am tired of trying to find food that is actually flavored with food, my mom suggested that I made one more-or-less from scratch. I was at Trader Joe's and wanted a can of mangoes, but they did not have it, so I bought a bottle of mango nectar and a pound bag of chile mangoes--dehydrated. The cake mix was sixteen ounces and called for one cup of milk and a couple of eggs, so I put in two cups of nectar for two pound of dry ingredients, but without giving the mangoes more time to rehydrate, I had kind of a pudding with pieces of dried mangoes.

I loved it!

The chile was interesting...

Reply  Post New Thread