Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2011, 04:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Hello from Augusta, GA

Hello,

New here.. one of the guys I work with has been eco-modding for some time and while others find it funny the "car guy" in me wanted to start my own little project.

Some of the things that get me around are my CrewMax Tundra 5.7, 04 Maxima and a Yamaha R1. Up until last year I owned many 240sx's the last one in the 500whp range and maybe 12mpg out of a 2liter turbo....but it was fun

Anyways, I decided to start tinkering with the Tundra to save on fuel.. did a couple of little mods here and there and I'm now averaging 32mpg...

The most important mod was buying a stock 97 Del Sol.. 1.6 liters of fury that will tuck up in the bed of the truck. (i havent tried... yet!). The truck is just now used for family hauling..etc.

Originally I wanted set a goal of a consistent 40mpg out of the delsol.. thinking it should be feasible. Reading some of the hypermiling tips and eco-mods has me thinking I may be able to bump that goal up a bit....

I'll be lurking around trying to gain as much knowledge as I can... if anyone can point me towards the DelSol/EG projects i'd love to get some ideas.

really cool forum!

-Nick

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread