EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Hypermiling / EcoDriver's Ed (https://ecomodder.com/forum/hypermiling-ecodrivers-ed.html)
-   -   I have begun (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/i-have-begun-26661.html)

Jasen 08-13-2013 09:44 AM

I have begun

My 1st tank sense joining here i tried to drive my normal conservative manor. Monday was my 1st day on this full tank to start to employee some of the driving techniques I've learned the past few weeks sense I've joined, it was kind of fun over my typical commute. I've slowed down from 5 over to the PSL, drafted a couple semi's on the freeway this the AM, starting to learn the minimal speed/engine load I can get the trans to up shift, slipped into neutral down some hills for my surface street commute home. It'll be 2 weeks till my next fill up, we'll see:)

Looking to get my fuel log to show + instead of my current -

deejaaa 08-13-2013 10:04 PM

cool. keep me informed. i was hitting 56/57 this morning. only 53/54 on the way home with a cross wind. just installed a rear wing. and was hoping for better. if it doesn't work, i can scratch off another on the list and it was free.

MetroMPG 08-14-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasen (Post 384934)
It'll be 2 weeks till my next fill up, we'll see:)

No instrumentation (ScanGauge/ Ultragauge/ MPGuino)? That's a much better approach than tank to tank feedback!

Jasen 08-14-2013 08:27 PM

metro,
yes it is, I keep track of every tank, seriously 95% of my miles are to/from work, same route every day and my mileage is pretty constant, if it drops 1 mpg I can usually contribute it to my driving. I plan to get a scangage, need to budget a couple repairs first.

deejaaa 08-15-2013 05:37 PM

i have an ultragauge and love it.

9646gt 08-16-2013 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deejaaa (Post 385475)
i have an ultragauge and love it.

Glad to hear as I just ordered a UG a couple days ago and can't wait to get it in the mail :) I need to do some research and see what tips and such I can find on using it properly!

deejaaa 08-24-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9646gt (Post 385538)
Glad to hear as I just ordered a UG a couple days ago and can't wait to get it in the mail :) I need to do some research and see what tips and such I can find on using it properly!

any reports on the UG? there are a couple of good posts on their site but information is slow. contact through email was real responsive though.

Jasen 08-24-2013 11:54 AM

Worked on my driving technique this last tank, 1.2 mpg increase over previous tank. Eco driving is starting to set in without thinking about it as much. A bit more practice and maybe I can get it up from 15+ closer to 16mpg.

Arragonis 08-24-2013 04:49 PM

Well done - technique is the biggest mod you can make :D

Please post what works best for you and (if you know) why. :thumbup: