EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://ecomodder.com/forum/lounge.html)
-   -   I often check for posts, and it keeps telling me that I have a new message. (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/i-often-check-posts-keeps-telling-me-i-25936.html)

Xist 05-22-2013 12:44 AM

I often check for posts, and it keeps telling me that I have a new message.

Quote:

<ecomodder.com>

You have a new private message.

Sender: SentraSE-R
Title: 'Re: DFCO'

Click OK to view it, or cancel to hide this prompt.
Every time that I open the site that message pops up and if I click on that and two more messages, it takes me to an e-mail to which I already responded. It even shows that the message was read!

As for why I was discussing Diet Fanta in Colorado, that is none of your business!

Daox 05-22-2013 11:17 AM

Its not telling you about emails, its telling you about PMs (private messages). You can access your private messages by clicking the "PMs" link under where it says "Welcome Xist" in the upper right.

Xist 05-22-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daox (Post 372643)
Its not telling you about emails, its telling you about PMs (private messages). You can access your private messages by clicking the "PMs" link under where it says "Welcome Xist" in the upper right.

Welcome, Xist.
PMs: Unread 0, Total 94. Log Out

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xist (Post 372589)
Every time that I open the site that message pops up and if I click on that and two more messages, it takes me to an e-mail to which I already responded. It even shows that the message was read!

There may be a difference between e-mails and private messages, I just did not want to write "messages" four times in a row, it gets repetitive, but to rephrase, every time that I open the site, I get a message that I have a new private message. I need to click on that and two more messages in order to see my "new" private message, which I already read and answered, and it even shows the message as read.

It is still doing it!

Daox 05-22-2013 03:06 PM

If you want to disable the pop-up you can. It is in your control panel, on the left click the 'edit options' link. Halfway down the page you will find a checkbox labeled "Show New Private Message Notification Pop-up". That should take care of it.

Xist 05-22-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daox (Post 372668)
If you want to disable the pop-up you can. It is in your control panel, on the left click the 'edit options' link. Halfway down the page you will find a checkbox labeled "Show New Private Message Notification Pop-up". That should take care of it.

Thanks. Unfortunately, even with the box unchecked, I am still getting the pop-up.

First-world problems! :)

MetroMPG 05-23-2013 10:31 AM

Xist, I just logged in as you, and did not experience the problem. (Are you using any privacy type of software that manages cookies?)

I searched vBulletin.com and couldn't find anything with the same symptoms.

Sent you a PM just now to see how it affects things for you.

Xist 05-24-2013 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetroMPG (Post 372786)
Xist, I just logged in as you, and did not experience the problem. (Are you using any privacy type of software that manages cookies?)

I searched vBulletin.com and couldn't find anything with the same symptoms.

Sent you a PM just now to see how it affects things for you.

Well, if anyone was wondering why I was logged in and did not say anything random and confusing, that would explain it! :)

I use Opera and it uses its artificial intelligence to bring about my eventual downfall. I had a girl over and she asked "What's that?" and then immediately continued "Use Firefox! It's better!"

Without even knowing what I was using, how could she determine that it was inferior?

I think that is like one story I read on here where some girl was bragging about the 35 MPG or whatever she got in her Prius and then asked an Ecomodder what he got in his "piece of junk," so he invited her to see his 90 MPG for herself, on his instrumentation.

I think that he had an Insight.

I think that Firefox asks how you want to handle pop-ups when they happen. I wanted to tell Opera to enable ones for this site, but I did not see the option until I hunted it down just now.

However, even after turning notifications back on, I am not seeing anything.

As I told Metro, "First-world problems."