EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   The Unicorn Corral (https://ecomodder.com/forum/unicorn-corral.html)
-   -   Install & tune a vehichle for magnets:Increase MPG, Decrease Fuel consumption (DIY) (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/install-tune-vehichle-magnets-increase-mpg-decrease-fuel-21572.html)

poweronics 04-22-2012 01:31 PM

Install & tune a vehichle for magnets:Increase MPG, Decrease Fuel consumption (DIY)

Hi
I just want to share with you this DIY(Do it yourself) method to install and tune a car for magnets that results in increase of MPG and decrease of GPH(gallons per hour) for less fuel consumption of about 14%.
:)
As you can see in these 2 vidoes:
1. metacafe com/w/8371971]Scangauge Proof 14 Percent Less Gasoline with Inline Magnets - Video
2. vodpod com/watch/16372425-scangauge-proof-14-percent-less-gasoline-with-inline-magnets?u=pathw9m7sp&c=pathw9m7sp]Scangauge proof 14 percent less gasoline with inline magnets Video

As you can see in the above videos, the Scanguage II Test meter shows the GPH without magnets installed as 0.17 and after installation and 20 minutes test drive it decreases to 0.15 i.e. a 25% decrease or 14.7% decrease in fuel consumption. So you can do it yourself to get low fuel consumption by simply installing the magnets in fuel line of your car/truck etc.

jakobnev 04-22-2012 02:26 PM

You can do the same test and get the same results, but instead of installing magnets in the car just sending me the money the magnets would have cost.

AXMonster 04-22-2012 11:37 PM

I'll take some free money too if the OP could please PM me? :thumbup:

No magnets though..... thanks all the same!

bryn 04-22-2012 11:47 PM

i suppose if you got some magnets into your fuel lines you would use less gas! i've heard sugar also works.

mcrews 04-23-2012 12:42 AM

must be using "leaded" gas.

EVERYBODY knows that magnets dont work on unleaded gas

BackroadBomber 04-24-2012 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poweronics (Post 302364)

As you can see in the above videos, the Scanguage II Test meter shows the GPH without magnets installed as 0.17 and after installation and 20 minutes test drive it decreases to 0.15 i.e. a 25% decrease or 14.7% decrease in fuel consumption. So you can do it yourself to get low fuel consumption by simply installing the magnets in fuel line of your car/truck etc.

So you mean his fuel efficiency increased by almost 15% by letting the engine warm up? That's outstanding! Lol *rolls eyes*

t vago 04-24-2012 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BackroadBomber (Post 302900)
So you mean his fuel efficiency increased by almost 15% by letting the engine warm up? That's outstanding! Lol *rolls eyes*

http://www.tom-viki.com/spgm/gal/Car...ughingData.gif

Ford Man 04-24-2012 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bryn (Post 302477)
i've heard sugar also works.

Very well from my understanding. Also saves on oil changes, tire wear and other parts and maintenance until you replace the engine then it requires another dose.

Ford Man 04-25-2012 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BackroadBomber (Post 302900)

This was my thinking too. A twenty minute drive gets the engine and oil up to full operating temperature, therefore less mechanical resistance. I have a lot of neodymium magnets, I wonder if I put one every few inches on the fuel line from the gas tank to the injectors whether the car would run without gas????? Hell it might even start making gas and overflow the tank!!!! Maybe if I'd put a few around my waist and one near my a-hole I'd have less gas or at least maybe the smell would be extracted by the magnets. You recon?

mcrews 04-25-2012 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ford Man (Post 302923)
Maybe if I'd put a few around my waist and one near my a-hole I'd have less gas or at least maybe the smell would be extracted by the magnets. You recon?

magnets dont work on farts.....but a bic lighter really lights em up!!!

Flakbadger 04-25-2012 02:13 AM

Listen, all you people need to stop trolling.
The magnets help hold the muffler bearings in better alignment.
DUH.

mcrews 04-25-2012 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flakbadger (Post 302941)
Listen, all you people need to stop trolling.
The magnets help hold the muffler bearings in better alignment.
DUH.

I'll be able to finally sleep tonite with the peace of mind that Flak provided here tonite.........:thumbup:

Flakbadger 04-25-2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcrews (Post 302945)
I'll be able to finally sleep tonite with the peace of mind that Flak provided here tonite.........:thumbup:

Hey listen pal, I'm not gonna take thinly veiled sarcasm from a guy who only gets 28% better than EPA.
Once I have MY fuel system magnets, rear spoiler, throttle body spacer, carbon fiber hood, Vornado, stick-on hood scoops and vortex generators installed, I'll be getting like 325 mpg, and pushing 500 horsepower without even changing my driving style.
You can talk smack when you come even close to that, aight?
:mad:

ecomodded 04-25-2012 09:09 PM

I can vouch for the magnets effectiveness, I put one on my dashboard and my mileage TRIPLED !

FXSTi 04-25-2012 11:34 PM

Oh yea of little faith!

I have six magnets helping me to getter gas mileage. I have them stacked under my gas pedal.

You guys owe the OP an apology.

t vago 04-25-2012 11:40 PM

Hey, do electromagnets count? Because I got a bunch of them in both my vehicles.

AXMonster 04-26-2012 10:04 AM

Hold on, I think I got the op's post all wrong..... The magnets stick to the front of your car and hold you to that truck you've been drafting too close to :p

silverfox 06-04-2012 05:36 PM

dual chrome dipsticks help (a red paint job is good for 9% increase) - don't listen to flackbadger - muffler bearings don't get out of line - they are preset at the factory for the life of the car - find some tires that are 12 to 14 inches wide - more rubber on the ground, better traction, more work per unit of horsepower - better mileage

Christ 06-04-2012 07:08 PM

When I put 245/50R16 wide tires on my Camaro (versus 215/60R15), my mileage actually did increase some, even going from bald tires to new ones.

I quit spinning them everywhere. It can't light the 245's up w/ the 3.1 V6 under the hood. :)

mcrews 06-04-2012 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flakbadger (Post 303040)
Hey listen pal, I'm not gonna take thinly veiled sarcasm from a guy who only gets 28% better than EPA.
Once I have MY fuel system magnets, rear spoiler, throttle body spacer, carbon fiber hood, Vornado, stick-on hood scoops and vortex generators installed, I'll be getting like 325 mpg, and pushing 500 horsepower without even changing my driving style.
You can talk smack when you come even close to that, aight?
:mad:

"smack" :rolleyes:

skyking 06-05-2012 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AXMonster (Post 303214)
Hold on, I think I got the op's post all wrong..... The magnets stick to the front of your car and hold you to that truck you've been drafting too close to :p

I bet we could test out the same amount of current an HHO generator needs on electromagnets at the front, and see some real gains!
Lets DO IT!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7vtW...eature=related

markweatherill 08-09-2012 09:50 AM

I've seen some very interesting perpetual motion machines that use magnets. Perhaps one of those could be mounted on a car's flywheel.

Flakbadger 08-09-2012 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markweatherill (Post 320823)
I've seen some very interesting perpetual motion machines that use magnets. Perhaps one of those could be mounted on a car's flywheel.

If you used this perpetual motion machine to power an HHO generator you could probably gain like 70 MPG without even trying. I guarantee it. And it would grow your **** by almost double.

suspectnumber961 08-25-2012 08:50 PM

88241 patents or applications...

SEARCH > magnet fuel line

FPO IP Research & Communities

OP did a poor job......

But this gives the Unicorns something to do? :thumbup:

MPGranger 08-25-2012 09:42 PM

Funny the first thing my google popped up was this Fuel saving gadgets - a professional engineer's view
Which was bashing fuel line magnets

the second one was this
Looking For A Miracle: We Test Automotive 'Fuel Savers' - Popular Mechanics
again bashing it

The third link was wikipedia!
Why didn't you change the article to aid your argument?

The fourth is the Federal Trade commision
again not a positive light.

So how many links did it take you to support your claim?

ecomodded 08-25-2012 10:18 PM

Electric cars run on magnets, "ice" cars run on fuel.
Trying to combine the two forces by applying magnetic force to the fuel is nothing more than imaginative, no harm in that.
If it works for some, it is the belief in the magnet's abilities that actually causes the gains.
So they do work ! if you try really really hard:).

thomason2wheels 08-25-2012 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bryn (Post 302477)
i suppose if you got some magnets into your fuel lines you would use less gas! i've heard sugar also works.

The only reason the vehicle uses less fuel is the magnets restrict the flow of fuel by blocking a portion of the crossectional area of the fuel line where its installed. Of course all bets are off when the car is traveling in a direction that places the installed magnets in such a position the magnet is 180 degrees out of phase with the earths magnetic field. I think most people already knew that.....:D

mcrews 08-25-2012 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thomason2wheels (Post 323895)
The only reason the vehicle uses less fuel is the magnets restrict the flow of fuel by blocking a portion of the crossectional area of the fuel line where its installed. Of course all bets are off when the car is traveling in a direction that places the installed magnets in such a position the magnet is 180 degrees out of phase with the earths magnetic field. I think most people already knew that.....:D

I am so confused :eek: are you sure the EARTH has something to do with it???????????????:confused: :confused: :confused:

thomason2wheels 08-26-2012 12:41 AM

That makes as much sense as the government printing more money to pay the loans it is defaulting on...u know?

suspectnumber961 08-26-2012 09:11 AM

I have magnets on the fuel lines of 2 vehicles...my gas furnace...and water lines. Can I say for sure that they do anything? No. Have not been set up to do detailed testing.

Just like with politics and investing...opinions on magnets are 50-50?

Plenty of "poopers" out there ready to take a dump on anything?

Most of the fuel line magnets for sale use weak ceramic magnets that I can buy retail for ~$1. I use neos.

I now have a car/SG where I COULD do an A-B-A test with fuel line magnets...but I've got better things to do....too much trouble to remove them and put them back.

I no longer argue that much about politics or anything else...I just try to apply what I think I know to my own life...as in "live and let die".

But here is a link to the GREATEST KNOWN DEPOSITORY OF MAGNETIC KNOWLEDGE ON THE PLANET.....:rolleyes:

diy_magnet_use : DIY-magnet use

Quote:

Originally Posted by MPGranger (Post 323886)
Funny the first thing my google popped up was this Fuel saving gadgets - a professional engineer's view
Which was bashing fuel line magnets

the second one was this
Looking For A Miracle: We Test Automotive 'Fuel Savers' - Popular Mechanics
again bashing it

The third link was wikipedia!
Why didn't you change the article to aid your argument?

The fourth is the Federal Trade commision
again not a positive light.

So how many links did it take you to support your claim?

ecomodded 08-26-2012 12:09 PM

I have a friend who swears the magnetic bracelets work.
For him they relieve the swelling and pain he gets in his hands, working as a iron worker for the last 35 years.
Odd to say the least, some people also swear by copper bracelets. I have read that copper bracelets can lead to heavy metal poisoning, so use with caution..
I propose a magnetized motor,using the true magnetic force in the motor.
To reduce friction the pistons and piston walls would be of reverse polarity as with all contact points, bearings and bushings.

Magnetizing the fuel is a tiny insignificant event not at all like using the magnet force mechanically.