EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   For Sale (https://ecomodder.com/forum/sale.html)
-   -   Interested in nice '84 CRX? (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/interested-nice-84-crx-4645.html)

Bror Jace 08-19-2008 10:39 PM

Interested in nice '84 CRX?

Would anyone here be interested in an 84 Honda CRX 1.5? It's not the HF, not the Si ... but the one in between those trim levels. I have a friend who has one that's been garaged for the past decade and then some. The car is in the greater Albany, NY area.

Car is blue and grey with red highlights, I think. It is the Honda factory two-tone scheme back then. 5 (?) speed manual, about 90,000 miles and in very good=to-excellent condition. It was the car he had in college ... but he hasn't used it as a daily driver in 15+ years.

He says he wants to sell it ... but hasn't been too ambitious about spreading the word. If there's some real interest here, I'll send him a link to this thread and hopefully he'll post more specifics.

SVOboy 08-19-2008 10:43 PM

How much?

Johnny Mullet 08-20-2008 10:26 PM

A general price would be good. Pictures would rock!

Bror Jace 08-20-2008 11:21 PM

I'll see if I can get him to post pics, a price and some more specifics. :cool:

bogatyr 08-22-2008 10:23 AM

Good morning,
I'm the current owner of the 1984 CRX 1.5 mentioned here. I've got an older web page that I put up a few years ago here:

1984 Honda CRX

The car currently has 83k miles on it. Over the life of the vehicle I averaged 40.00 mpg over the 35k miles I put on the vehicle. The highest I got was on a trip out to Chicago, where I touched 53mpg. Not bad for the little 3 pot carb.

Being that it has only two seats and I've got another two seater I'm looking to sell. I bought another daily driver with side airbags for the kiddo.

As far as condition, the body is in excellent shape for a vehicle of this vintage and location. It's something that I've really taken care of during my tenure as owner.

She will need a head gasket though. The last time I had her on the road (2004) I noticed that she was running warm. I then proceeded to test for exhaust gasses in the cooling system, and there was a slight leak. On the road, she'll run for about 20 minutes before getting warm, so I'm pretty sure this is what the situation is. The only other things that the vehicle could possibly use are a radio (none in it currently, it's got the factory blanking plate in place) and a catalytic converter if you're a stickler.

I've shopped out a cat at convertergeek.com for about $350 (last time I checked) and a head gasked should be about $600.

So, give that one would have to put about a grand into her, I'd think something in the $2500 range would be fair considering the condition and vintage.

Thanks,
Matthew

bikin' Ed 08-22-2008 10:55 AM

He's kidding right?

dcb 08-22-2008 12:54 PM

<shrug> I've seen better ones go for less, and worse ones go for more.

Bror Jace 08-22-2008 07:58 PM

"He's kidding, right?"

Nope. He's sold vehicles at close to their dealer trade-in value before. One, a nice Nissan Xterra I persuaded a co-worker to buy in 2004. She still has it.

The car is legit. :thumbup:

SVOboy 08-22-2008 08:46 PM

Stuff's more expensive in canada! Especially stuff in good physical shape.