Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Fossil Fuel Free > Open ReVolt: open source DC motor controller
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2013, 08:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Question Low voltage from open revolt precharge

Hello all, I need some expert help here with my open revolt controller. The precharge wire from my controller is only showing 9.5 volts, not enough to close the main contactor. I have set the programming to 5 seconds using RTD explorer. Any ideas as to why the voltage is not coming up to a full 12v? Precharge from the battery pack is at full charge. I'm using a 72v system.

I just did a followup test: I set the precharge back to "000", then turned off the system, then back on, and the precharge yellow wire is still showing 9.5v. Shouldn't it be "0" with the precharge at "000"?

Last edited by RobW; 05-17-2013 at 11:49 AM..
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 05-27-2013, 07:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Open Revolt pre charge circuit

Ok tech guru's I have been looking at the wiring/board diagrams for the open revolt trying to figure out why the pre charge thingy isn't working. I wanted to include a picture but can't seem to get it sized right. So I am going to try to describe my question.

On the controller board where the p-channel mosfet (Q1) is, I see that 12v is on the outer side of Q1. On the board diagram there is an indication that this 12v is also routed through the board to a resistor "R5" Via Q1. Does that sound right? If so, then when I check conductivity through from the outer pin of Q1 (p-channel mosfet) to the resistor, I get no indication of connection. Also when I check power from the outer pin of Q1 with power on, I get 12v, but when I check the outer side of R5, I get "0". So if I am looking at the diagram right, shouldn't there be 12v between the outer pin of Q1 and R5? If I am right here doesn't that mean that there is a problem on the circuit board?
Old 05-28-2013, 11:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

If You were posting Your questions in the main controller thread, instead of keep starting new threads, You might get answers sooner.
RobW (05-28-2013)
Old 05-28-2013, 12:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

I thought thats what I did. I didn't think I had started a new thread.
Old 05-28-2013, 01:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Most of the members don't visit the page often, but they are subscribed on few threads, so if You post there, They'll get email notification.
RobW (05-28-2013)
Old 05-28-2013, 06:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Ok, I guess I don't know how to do that. I will research what I am doing wrong.

Reply  Post New Thread