EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://ecomodder.com/forum/lounge.html)
-   -   JAC 4R3: Chinese F150 Clone (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/jac-4r3-chinese-f150-clone-20439.html)

Frank Lee 02-07-2012 04:44 PM

JAC 4R3: Chinese F150 Clone

JAC 4R3: More Proof That The Chinese Auto Industry’s Copiers Are Still Working | Ford Authority

Good engine choices! :thumbup:

kach22i 02-07-2012 05:30 PM

http://www.beerwahmotorlodge.com.au/...tralia_zoo.gif

brucey 02-07-2012 07:36 PM

Did you see the episode of Top Gear Last night with the Chinese knock off cars? I loved the car names. The Yanga HGB 7474GB-Y or whatever had me cracking up.

I mean, it rolls off the tongue, don't it?

FXSTi 02-07-2012 09:25 PM

Pure coincidence.

Ford, there is an infinite number of monkeys outside, who wants to talk to us about this script for Hamlet they have worked out.

Kirk

Arragonis 02-09-2012 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brucey (Post 285299)
Did you see the episode of Top Gear Last night with the Chinese knock off cars? I loved the car names. The Yanga HGB 7474GB-Y or whatever had me cracking up.

I mean, it rolls off the tongue, don't it?

A Junior was literally peeing himself over Chinese Stig...

greenkz 02-09-2012 10:09 PM

thats not any more embarrasing than the ford f150 is...

5.4 02-12-2012 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenkz (Post 285703)
thats not any more embarrasing than the ford f150 is...

Whys is f150 embarrassing again?

And they've been copying cars for a while now, nothing new. Good thing it will be coming to your local dealership... NEVER.

Might have to sell those to some eastern European countries they love huge cars if they have 2L engines.

Piwoslaw 02-12-2012 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5.4 (Post 286234)
Might have to sell those to some eastern European countries they love huge cars if they have 2L engines.

:confused:

I don't see why Chinese copies, especially the F150, are more likely to show up in Europe than in the US? Europe's safety and emissions standards are just as tough as the USA's, while it's Americans that love to buy oversized gas guzzlers.

5.4 02-12-2012 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Piwoslaw (Post 286250)
:confused:

I don't see why Chinese copies, especially the F150, are more likely to show up in Europe than in the US? Europe's safety and emissions standards are just as tough as the USA's, while it's Americans that love to buy oversized gas guzzlers.

No you need to know the details, when we imported f150 into Ukraine most would not want them/said they where trash because their engines where to large. The ideal pick up there is a chopped lada with a 1L engine.

The guy who bought our ranger there keeps complaining about the weak monroe shocks that cant withstand 1.5 TONNES of payload.

Arragonis 02-12-2012 05:35 AM

US cars do not sell well outside North America except for some places like the Middle East and in modified versions Australia. In Europe only some models sell and only then when they have been adapted for European tastes - Chrysler 300s with Merc Diesels, Jeeps with the same etc. This has been the case since WW2 - all those finned things and muscle cars and trucks never sold anywhere else.

GM spent a lot of money creating RHD Cadillacs which spectacularly bombed in the UK, and attempted to sell Chevrolet Blazers and even Corvettes - all bombed too. They also brought in a US Minivan (Sintra) which fell to pieces very quickly - it became the UK's least reliable car.

Ford brought in the Ranger in RHD form when the SUV craze took off here and sold quite a few but they all started to fall apart and have issues inside 2-3 years. Ford choked off the parts supply in order to kill off the ones sold - it was less hassle to force the owners to scrap them than deal with the complaints.

We do have big trucks here - they all come from Japan and have 2.5-3.5 Turbo Diesel engines - and mostly driven by muppets.