Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Off-Topic Tech
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2013, 09:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Eco Sol

EOC restarting issues

Lately whenever I try to engine off coast, my engine doesn't like it. After my coast I restart my engine whether through key or bump start and when I attempt to accelerate the engine dies. After it dies it stays dead for a while no matter how many times I try to restart it and then after a minute or so it will restart and run like normal again.

I really need to figure this out so I can EOC again and turn off my car at lights. Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Andrew

Best Tank = 42.72 mpg (in the 94 Del Sol)

CR-Z Current Mods:
Max Sidewall PSI
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 07-17-2013, 10:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
First step is to determine what you are missing on the restart.

Fuel, spark or air. Probably not air, but I would check to see if you have spark and proper fuel pressure.

A pressure guage on the fuel rail and a piece of wire from the coil to the radio antenna.

Switch to AM radio and you will get strong spark induced static in the radio.
Set up the gauge so you can read it from the drivers seat, probably tucked under a wiper arm.

This way you have an audible and visual measurement of fuel pressure and ignition signal strength. See which one is off or weak on the restart. Bump starting a FI engine, the engine should restart almost instantly.

Could be something like the fuel pressure regulator leaking into the intake manifold so you are too rich on your restart, or a weak ignition signal that does not become obvious except on a restart.

regards
Mech

Reply  Post New Thread