EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://ecomodder.com/forum/introductions.html)
-   -   Jeep Liberty in Stratford, Ontario (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/jeep-liberty-stratford-ontario-15688.html)

morpheous71 01-05-2011 10:57 PM

Jeep Liberty in Stratford, Ontario

Hey, New to the community. Just happened to come across this while researching mod's for my jeep. Running a 2002 Liberty with 3.7L in it. Mods to date;
Homebrew CAI from K&N (no noticable mpg but increases HP)
Gear Oil (Purple Stuff SYN)
New Engine (2003-3.7) Don't ask! What a nightmare!
Michelin LTX-A2 lighttruck tires (Love emmm.)
Plans?
Amsoil (bumper to bumper)
ThrottleBody Mod.
Thrush Performance Muffler
Hood, Wiperblade, Window and Rear Spoiler Fairings
Headlight and Foglight Covers (thanks to you guys)
Scanguage (buying it tomorrow)
Aux, battery and Invertor.
Many more ideas but these will be the first. Any ideas to help would be appreciated, I get about 17mpg average at this point.

UFO 01-06-2011 12:18 AM

A diesel engine???? :D

SVOboy 01-06-2011 03:25 AM

What's this spoken of throttlebody mod?

Welcome to EcoModder :thumbup:

morpheous71 01-06-2011 10:13 PM

The throttle body mod. is something I've been researching on the jeep forums, it's nothing fancy but can be done yourself at this link

or alot of guys send them off to the Fastman for professional jobs

There is mixed reviews on fuel savings, I think it's accumlative with other mods but the response and horsepower gain are suppose to work well. I'm going to try a homejob on my exsisting throttlebody and see for myself.
I'nm running a gas engine 3.7Litre and just relized today that my fuel economy is not what I thought, I was under the impression my tripmeter was still in Miles not KM's, so I'll have to recalculate. But todays reading with a trailer involved was 10.27mpg or 22.9L/100km ouch!! Here's a pic of my trailer setup, I do about 40000K per year with it so I need to start seeing some improvements. I think I need to shorting the distance between the trailer and vehicle to start and get some mods down to these wheels and fenders on both the LIB and the trailer. I'll be sending through spec's and measurements asap. Great info. on this site, I've been reading and dreaming since last night about everything I want to try. Ordering my scangauge tonight.
Gotta figure out how to post pic's?????
Sorry guys, it system will not let me post link till I have 5 posts?????

MetroMPG 01-07-2011 05:40 PM

Post a couple of fillers to get yourself to 5. We won't mind.

For first mods, I'd look into a powerful block/coolant heater and then partial grille blocking (both for aero & temp effects).

... since you already went and bought instrumentation, which would have been my previous first mod suggestion.

And... welcome to the forum!

PS - you're likely going to get some people here challenging the supposed efficiency benefits of some of your current mods with solid theory. Just a heads up.

morpheous71 01-09-2011 06:37 PM

Ordered my scanguage, should get it tomorrow, I can't wait. Manually work my mpg over past few days, not so good, but seems about normal for this particular vehicle.
12.98 mpg or 21.74L/100KM
with the trailer
10.75 mpg or 26.27L/100KM.

morpheous71 01-09-2011 06:42 PM

1st

morpheous71 01-09-2011 06:44 PM

1stdddd