EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Instrumentation (https://ecomodder.com/forum/instrumentation.html)
-   -   Just got a Ultragauge EM v1.2 (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/just-got-ultragauge-em-v1-2-a-22881.html)

MPGranger 08-09-2012 09:02 PM

Just got a Ultragauge EM v1.2

Replacing my Scangauge II. I bought the windshield mount, it's really worth it. The quality of the screen is much better, the gauges update much quicker.

Only used a bare minimum of 1 page with 4 gauges today, upgraded to 1 page with 8 gauges. So I have radiator temp, 2 different engine loading, 4 different MPG gauges, and ambient temp.

Eventually I am going to be able to work up to 7 pages that will cycle themselves. So I figure my engine loading gauge and radiator temperature gauge will be on every page.

BamZipPow 08-10-2012 07:23 AM

One of the things they added to the UG EM v1.2 is UG voltage since most of the older ODBII vehicles weren't reporting the battery voltage via ODBII. Unfortunately, previous/older UGs aren't upgradeable to the new v1.2 system. You'll have to buy a new UG EM to git that. Transmission temps aren't available in v1.2. :(

On another note...I did spot the group buy discount thread. :D
Group Buy Discounts
Quote:

Although UltraGauge is offered to the public at wholesale pricing, we do offer volume discounts primarily for automotive forum group buys.
Discounts are offered for group purchases of 50, 100 & 150+.
It does require that a member of the forum take the responsibility to gauge preliminary interest, and then manage the overall group buy at the forum end.
If you are interested in managing a group buy for your forum and would like to learn more, please create a support ticket and request more information: Support Ticket
No...I'm not taking the lead on this. :(

JellyBeanDriver 08-10-2012 11:31 AM

I too bought an UG for our PT Cruiser. VERY nice! Lots of features, well thought out, really nice user manual.

The windshield mount is just okay. Had a hard time to get it to stick to the windshield - it initially would grab but then when the lock lever was actuated it would break vacuum.

Got the distance calibrated yesterday and will calibrate the fuel consumption next.

MPGranger 08-11-2012 12:02 PM

Well compared to how I had my SG2 set up the windshield mount is a vast improvement!

I've noticed on the first two mornings that idle was up. I guess my 2010 Ford Ranger is one of those models that experience the power drain issue. I'm going to have to go into the wake up and sleep settings and change stuff like the manual says.

I think I'm going to try 2 or 3 pages with 6 gauges and have them rotate. With the full 8 you don't get the open/closed loop indicator or the heartbeat sensor. I'll probably have load and instant mpg as the top 2 (larger) gauges then.

% Engine Load- Estimated percent of engine load. Where engine load is calculated as
% Load = (Current Air flow)/(Peak Air Flow) Or % Load = (Current Engine Torque)/(Peak Engine Torque)
The method used is vehicle dependent.

Engine Load Absolute %- Alternate to “% Engine Load” this gauge ranges from 0 to 95% for normally aspirated engines and 0 to 400% for boosted engines. This gauge is linearly correlated to Brake Torque

Any ideas how these to differ, I'm a little slow on the uptake right now? Since I have both on the same page I get them both to average out to 70% So %EngLd is at about 80 while EnLdAbs% is about 60.

slowmover 12-04-2012 07:15 AM

Bought one also. Feeling overwhelmed at the number of gauges possible. But looking forward to using it well, even in my short work commute.

Joeggernaut 12-04-2012 09:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Bent binder clip and mount and you don't have to have wires all over the place.

I like my ug. I recommend anyone to get a ug or sg. It easily pays for itself.

darcane 12-04-2012 04:19 PM

I'm happy with mine too! (older version, not the EM):
http://ecomodder.com/forum/member-da...31-59-6mpg.jpg

slowmover 12-04-2012 10:02 PM

I work 6 and then am off 2. But Day One is mainly recuperate from the rigors of oilfield trucking. So, Day Two I'm about down to 3-4 hours of doing what I want after all else is done. Was brain-fried this time, but got some other work done on the truck. Am really looking forward to "knowing" what numbers the truck is generating to develop the intuitive sense more highly to drive more prudently.

The screen is easily readable (polarized sunglasses or not; bright glaring sun or not), the display is an easy size to live with and it looks as though the options available make it cheap to actually buy for what it can do. Much easier to read codes, for example, than the OEM method of key-on/off, etc.

I'm pleased at the very beginning and would recommend it based on what the site says about it (and comments here and on other vehicle forums).

I will have to find another way to mount it. I spent for the nice mount (recommended), but the year-round use of a sunvisor and 9-mos of heat here will fry it if I leave it above the dash constantly. Blocking an HVAC vent ain't happenin', so I look forward to see what others do.