EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   EcoModding Central (https://ecomodder.com/forum/ecomodding-central.html)
-   -   Just reserved my personalized plate! (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/just-reserved-my-personalized-plate-29720.html)

whatmaycome14 08-12-2014 01:11 PM

Just reserved my personalized plate!

I renew my registration soon and thought it would be a fun idea to get a personalized plate.

What do you guys think? I love it. Can't wait!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...2at10906PM.png

jedi_sol 08-12-2014 01:42 PM

LOVE IT!

too bad in California, it costs an extra $50 /year for personalized plates

digital rules 08-12-2014 01:47 PM

Looking good!! Surprised no one else has that tag. How long did it take you to find an available combination of letters?

Baltothewolf 08-12-2014 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jedi_sol (Post 439677)
LOVE IT!

too bad in California, it costs an extra $50 /year for personalized plates

I'm gonna get mine, 50$ a year extra isn't bad, it's only like 4.08 a month extra.

Fat Charlie 08-12-2014 02:58 PM

That's less than a buck a week. It's $40 a year here in NH.

whatmaycome14 08-12-2014 04:09 PM

Ha, it's only $10/yr here. Did you know that Virginia has the most amount of personalized plates??

Seeing as you can only fit 7.5 letters on the license plate I couldn't do: ECOCIVIC, so ECO CIVC was my 2nd attempt.

I'm really hoping that I qualify for the "Low-Speed" designation. I don't know what's required, but I drive really really slow, so it would be nice to have an excuse/explination for drivers that insist on tailgating. :)

user removed 08-12-2014 08:13 PM

Isn't low speed for those vehicles that don't go over 25MPH, like golf carts in communities?

regards
Mech

jedi_sol 08-12-2014 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baltothewolf (Post 439690)
I'm gonna get mine, 50$ a year extra isn't bad, it's only like 4.08 a month extra.

that's like one gallon of gas a month :)

sarguy01 08-12-2014 09:29 PM

Gotta love the stupid cheap personalized plate! Good work on Eco civc. I'm a 7th gen owner in VA Beach.

XYZ 08-12-2014 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jedi_sol (Post 439788)

Yeah, and it adds up.

It's amazing what Americans will spend their money on. :rolleyes:

I found that my car goes further on a tankful of gas than on buying vanity plates.

sarguy01 08-12-2014 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XYZ (Post 439793)
Yeah, and it adds up.

It's amazing what Americans will spend their money on. :rolleyes:

I found that my car goes further on a tankful of gas than on buying vanity plates.

A vanity plate in VA costs $10. That is over 3 gallons of gas.

XYZ 08-12-2014 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarguy01 (Post 439797)
A vanity plate in VA costs $10. That is over 3 gallons of gas.

Yes, I read where that fee was already stated. Apparently Virginia's unconstitutional anti-radar detector scheme is subsidizing the cheap vanity plates.

Hey, if you like living there, enjoy it. I prefer any of the other 49 states that respect freedom.

Here's a question for those of you who live in the weird Old Dominion and like it there. Why are the numerals and letters so misshapen and odd looking on VA plates? Are the license plates being made by prison inmates, or what?

sarguy01 08-12-2014 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XYZ (Post 439802)
Yes, I read where that fee was already stated. Apparently Virginia's unconstitutional anti-radar detector scheme is subsidizing the cheap vanity plates.

Hey, if you like living there, enjoy it. I prefer any of the other 49 states that respect freedom.

Here's a question for those of you who live in the weird Old Dominion and like it there. Why are the numerals and letters so misshapen and odd looking on VA plates? Are the license plates being made by prison inmates, or what?

What's your problem?

Xist 08-12-2014 10:50 PM

I really want Veteran plates, but the cost is unnecessary, and the Army always taught me to not be a target.

You can go to a site like makestickers.com and make a bumper sticker for $4.65, with free shipping.

XYZ 08-12-2014 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarguy01 (Post 439810)
What's your problem?

What makes you think I have a problem? What's the insinuation?

There's no reason for you to take my comments or questions personally.

I voiced an opinion and I asked a question based upon an observation. That happens frequently in discussion forums, among mature adults. I don't mind disagreement, but insinuation usually leads to trouble.

sarguy01 08-12-2014 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XYZ (Post 439813)
What makes you think I have a problem? What's the insinuation?

There's no reason for you to take my comments or questions personally.

I voiced an opinion and I asked a question based upon an observation. That happens frequently in discussion forums, among mature adults. I don't mind disagreement, but insinuation usually leads to trouble.

http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...tml#post438132

You like to argue. This thread is about OP's vanity plates yet you had to bring up Virginia radar detector laws.

user removed 08-12-2014 11:17 PM

I've lived in Texas, Florida, California, North Carolina, and Virginia, where I was born. Never owned a radar detector or had the desire to own one. Plenty of bird dogs to collect the tickets around here if you want to drive that fast, just let one driver go a couple MPH faster. Had a cop with lights on pass me when I was going 15+ over the limit and pull over the car in front of me that was doing 20, many times in my more speedy past. Maybe one ticket a decade or 4 in 40 years.

Kind of funny to see so much about radar detectors on a fuel efficiency forum. Instant on radar pretty much defeats detectors anyway.

These days, if the roads were deserted and there was no penalty for excess speed, I would still drive below the poasted limit.

regards
Mech

California98Civic 08-13-2014 02:14 AM

Quote:

12 months = 12 gallons.
Civic tank = 11.9 gallons.

dirtydave 08-13-2014 07:59 AM

Ill be looking for you next time in in VA!

Fat Charlie 08-13-2014 09:00 AM

Veteran plates are free (freedom, OTOH, costs a buck o'five), and in NH they help you blend in.

XYZ 08-13-2014 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarguy01 (Post 439815)
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...tml#post438132

You like to argue. This thread is about OP's vanity plates yet you had to bring up Virginia radar detector laws.

To you, any difference of opinion is considered an argument. That shows intolerance. If there is a "problem" it lies with your being rankled by my opinion.

Aspects of the state of Virginia are part of the discussion in this thread and I'm stating my opinion. The traffic laws there are irregular (hence their singular, unconstitutional law about radar detectors, contrary to the other 49 states) and Virginia license plates DO have a weird typeface, unlike any other state's plates. IMO it's a weird state and I wouldn't want to live there.

That's not an argument. It's merely an opinion.

California98Civic 08-13-2014 02:41 PM

I hope you love the plate, btw. We gotta love what we drive. Hell I spent at least 10 or 20 bucks on stickers this summer! Haha.

euromodder 08-13-2014 06:04 PM

Vanity plates are 1000 euro in Belgium.
(only payable once though)

That equates to enough CNG for 30.000 km - or nearly 19.000 miles .

I'll pass !

Baltothewolf 08-13-2014 07:39 PM

Quote:

To me it's worth it personally. There are some things in this world that I find worth spending a few bucks on. A custom license plate with words I will not utter here, that will bring a smile to my face, is worth it.

Fat Charlie 08-14-2014 07:43 AM

Sometimes it doesn't matter what the fee is. It's priceless.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog....t-virginia.jpg

whatmaycome14 08-26-2014 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Mechanic (Post 439784)
Isn't low speed for those vehicles that don't go over 25MPH, like golf carts in communities?

regards
Mech

Don't know. I suppose I'll find out soon enough though. Even if that's not on there, I've wanted a way to explain the car to more people without talking to them.

I'm sure a lot of people on here have people staring and taking pictures of their cars too, right?