EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   EcoModding Central (https://ecomodder.com/forum/ecomodding-central.html)
-   -   Just saying hi & introducing myself & my wonderful machine (boat tail CRX HF, 70 MPG) (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/just-saying-hi-introducing-myself-my-wonderful-machine-22745.html)

scivicblu83 07-26-2012 02:52 PM

Just saying hi & introducing myself & my wonderful machine (boat tail CRX HF, 70 MPG)

8 Attachment(s)
hi everybody! i wanted to introduce my car and say thanks to all those whose postings i learned from. my car is a 1990 honda crx hf, 182000 miles. my mods are belly pan, 45 psi tires, passenger mirror delete, partial grill block, air deflector over the windshield wipers, rear fender skirts, deep cycle battery i charge every night since i have my alternator unplugged and tail cone. hey also, there is no mobile app for ecomodder is there?

euromodder 07-26-2012 03:36 PM

Impressive mileage and boat tail :thumbup:

Is that folded coroplast ?
How does it hold up to road use ?

Do you plan to paint or wrap it ?
(Coroplast will degrade in sunlight)

MetroMPG 07-26-2012 05:00 PM

Hi & welcome.

Sorry, no mobile app. :(

I think the tail may be a bit long, but your fuel log seems to like it! (As well as your other mods.)

Care to share what your typical driving is like?

scivicblu83 07-26-2012 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by euromodder (Post 318862)
Impressive mileage and boat tail :thumbup:

Is that folded coroplast ?
How does it hold up to road use ?

Do you plan to paint or wrap it ?
(Coroplast will degrade in sunlight)

it is 3 4x8 sheets sheets of it folded, i would like to paint it. can you recommend what to paint it with? as far as road use it does great, it is really stiff.

scivicblu83 07-26-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetroMPG (Post 318883)
Hi & welcome.

Sorry, no mobile app. :(

I think the tail may be a bit long, but your fuel log seems to like it! (As well as your other mods.)

Care to share what your typical driving is like?

yes it is loooong, but i didnt want too agresive of an angle i the back, and i didn't have time to experiment. i do 90% of my driving on the highway doing between 60 and 70, i commute 50 miles round trip every day, i do a good bit of EOC when i go down hills but i dont drop below 60 before i restart the engine. off the highway i do some EOC'ing and turn it off at red lights. so yeah, great milage and i handles like a go cart:)! if you guys have ANY more questions or if i can help you with your mods let me know, i was hesitant at first but im happy now that i did.

Diesel_Dave 07-27-2012 09:52 AM

Welcome! Where did you come up with the info and inspiration do do your mods? Most folk show uo here then do their mods.

scivicblu83 07-27-2012 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diesel_Dave (Post 318956)
Welcome! Where did you come up with the info and inspiration do do your mods? Most folk show uo here then do their mods.

I did see the mods here first then applied them to my car. but alot of my inspiration comes from me working on airplanes everyday.

HydroJim 07-27-2012 01:08 PM

Do you mind me asking how your got your coroplast to make such smooth curves? I've never worked with the stuff but I have some being shipped to me for my boat tail.

For painting the tail I would recommend Krylon Fusion based on what I've read and what others have told me.

HydroJim 07-27-2012 01:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
If anyone was interested...

I assume the OP didn't follow the template from the top of the roof for visibility reasons but I would say it's still pretty effective because it runs back into the template later.

euromodder 07-27-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scivicblu83 (Post 318985)
I did see the mods here first then applied them to my car. but alot of my inspiration comes from me working on airplanes everyday.

The car + tail looks like a wing in side view ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by scivicblu83 (Post 318921)
can you recommend what to paint it with? as far as road use it does great, it is really stiff.

From
Coroplast | Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Is it possible to paint on Coroplast?

A: Krylon FusionŽ Spray Paint for Plastics will provide a thin durable layer. Follow the manufactures directions for application of the spray paint. Brushes and rollers are not recommended for direct application of paints to Coroplast because the paint layer is too thick and can easily peel and delaminate. For art projects you may use brushed application of compatible paints on top of the "primer"/ base layer of the Krylon FusionŽ Spray Paint for Plastics.