Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Fossil Fuel Free
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2020, 09:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Master Novice

Josie - '87 Toyota Pickup
90 day: 40.02 mpg (US)

Felicia - '09 Toyota Prius Base
90 day: 49.62 mpg (US)
Probably more appropriate for Ecorenovator

Check it out:

This beast is why my mileage is down lately. My father-in-law's trailer is crazy overbuilt for its size; I think the trailer itself weighs about 1000 pounds, it's all steel. It has tandem axles and the springs don't even flex with this thing on board.

And here's my solution:

About $100 in lumber - and about $30 in stainless steel screws - later and we don't need the trailer anymore! The ramps weigh about 40 lbs each; this tractor is pretty heavy as garden tractors go and I am taking no chances.

Until my son pulled out the tape measure, I was certain the tractor would never fit in the truck. My Deere GT275 is too wide but that's because the deck is mounted midships. The E20's deck, hung at the front as it is, just necessitates I leave the tailgate down. The rear wheels of the tractor fit between the wheelhouses of the truck with a couple of inches to spare. No problem.

The rear bumper of the E20 is flush against the rear bulkhead of the bed. The seat pan doesn't touch the rear window. A few straps hold everything in place and she gets down the road just fine. I've had heavier loads of firewood aboard than this.

It's a little topheavy but we slewed it around a bit at low speeds to get a feel for it and it's acceptable. With a full tank of fuel, my son and I and the tractor all aboard, we are still under the truck's weight rating.

[edit]
Dang it, I have to keep trying with the images.
[edit again]
Q'aplaH!

Lead or follow. Either is fine.

Last edited by elhigh; 05-11-2020 at 09:24 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elhigh For This Useful Post:
freebeard (05-12-2020), redpoint5 (05-11-2020)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread