EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   For Sale (https://ecomodder.com/forum/sale.html)
-   -   large d15z1/ vx parts collection (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/large-d15z1-vx-parts-collection-28287.html)

slownugly 02-25-2014 01:35 PM

large d15z1/ vx parts collection

i have accumulated a pretty good size collection of d15z1 specific parts. if anybody needs anything make sure to write my info down or pm me. heres a general list of what i have

2 drivetrains (engines bolted to trans)
several p07 federal ecus
several exhaust manifolds
several intake manifolds with egr valve
several fuel lines
injectors
sensors
egr box

thats just off the top of my head. like i said pm me for pricing and if i have it. i ship and i accept paypal or money order.and of course cash my email is bmackes@yahoo.com

thanks for looking

slownugly 03-07-2014 01:17 PM

so far a vtec-e valve cover has been sold as well as one of the vx transmissions.

HeadlesNorseman 03-22-2014 10:12 PM

I am definitely interested in an intake mani and injectors, and possibly an obd1 distributor if you have a spare. this is to swap my DPFI to MPFI

slownugly 03-25-2014 11:59 AM

sorry i didnt see your post earlier. i dont have an extra distributer (thats useable anyway) but i do have a couple sets of intake manifolds and injectors.

bare intake manifold with injectors would be 70 shipped. if you need the fuel rail and fuel line (vx specific) i would do 100 shipped.

HondaOnly 03-26-2014 05:20 PM

I might need an exhaust manifold

slownugly 03-26-2014 06:34 PM

I've got a bunch. Email me

slownugly 04-22-2014 12:51 PM

bump

sold one transmission and the last egr black box. also some little stuff here and there. still a ton of stuff left

slogfilet 04-22-2014 04:35 PM

Happen to have the rear diffuser?

vrmouseyd15b 04-29-2014 11:50 PM

how about a final drive gear for the vx manual tranny? maybe the whole pinion assembly? I'm really after a 5th gen vx final drive gear of 3.25, trying to dance around having to buy a whole tranny!! Thanks - Victor.

beanis05 05-14-2014 09:25 PM

happen to have an oem intake pipe

slownugly 05-15-2014 05:20 PM

sorry for the late replys. my stupid email isnt giving me the notifications.

slogfilet-yes i have 1 diffuser. make me an offer on it.

mousey-i have a gentleman interested in the last transimission as a whole. either way i wouldnt really want to take one apart to sell just the final. if he backs out should i let you know?

beanis05- i do have a factory intake pipe. make me an offer.

best way to contact me is email. bmackes@yahoo.com

thanks!!

Davo53209@yahoo.com 05-15-2014 09:46 PM

I'm looking for a D15Z1 engine block. Do you have one of those are is it a complete engine? If so, what's the mileage?

slownugly 05-15-2014 09:54 PM

I have a mostly complete engine with 300k miles on it. I didn't hear it run. I bought it from a salvage yard and they said it ran. I'd let it go cheap

Davo53209@yahoo.com 05-18-2014 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slownugly (Post 424587)
I have a mostly complete engine with 300k miles on it. I didn't hear it run. I bought it from a salvage yard and they said it ran. I'd let it go cheap

How much are you asking for and from which part of the country are you located?

slownugly 05-20-2014 10:18 PM

Northeast Pennsylvania. Id ask a hundred for it.

Side Note I sold the engine with 220k miles on it today along with its wiring harness, ecu and related parts. I still have the engine and trans with 300k.

vrmouseyd15b 05-20-2014 10:42 PM

road trip!! $100 ?? you're talking the whole tranny?

have you driven it - do all the gears work?

I call "dibbs"

maybe I can lean burn up there at the end of the month.:thumbup:

slownugly 06-02-2014 12:28 PM

vrmousey picked up the last engine and trans. still a lot of parts left.

intake manifolds
exhaust manifolds
injectors
p07 federal ecus
p07 cylinder head with 50k on it
p07 cylinder head with unknown mileage
p07 pistons with rods
diffuser

Superfuelgero 06-02-2014 10:29 PM

Free bump.
I'd love to pick up some parts for "fiddling with" (a head, couple intakes and the pistons), but I'm afraid of what shipping would run. So, for now, free bump.

vrmouseyd15b 06-03-2014 10:33 PM

MUCH THANKS TO SLOWNUGLY!!!!

:cool:"I got the deal of a lifetime" "He made me an offer I couldn't refuse":cool:

Got my 3.25 final drive tranny and a lean burn motor.

You guys should get the other lean burn parts I left behind - or else!

SLOWNUGLY is the real deal, people. Just sayin'

slownugly 06-05-2014 09:14 PM

Thanks mousey. Great to meet you and see your dual vtec setup.

vrmouseyd15b 06-05-2014 10:06 PM

thank you, the pleasure was all mine. see what else you've got laying around for my d15b if you're looking to make room, make me a pile. I'll think about picking it up or shipping when we know how much you've got. I had no idea what you were up to in PA with the "lean burn and prosper" until I started reading back.WOW.

much respect. you've totally got more skills than most dudes out there, and it shows clean as day in your threads. It'd be a pleasure to get back out there and see what other goodies you might be hiding.

I got ahead of myself again last night and pulled the whole tranny apart and bearings pulled before i could think to take any pictures!! oh well.we'll see what happens with this motor:p
I'm thinking remote turbo lean burning 1.5 liters of fury with my current LX tranny with lsd and building an Integra or something for the boss:D ( the vx tranny will go into the MINION )
she actually loves the idea. The catch is she wants it shiny red. done.

Thanks again, Victor.

slownugly 06-05-2014 10:15 PM

How did the tranny look inside? I wouldn't be suprised if the motor still had the original clutch on it

vrmouseyd15b 06-05-2014 11:31 PM

I sent you pics directly. Can't get them to show up on here. Not sure why.

I was talking with my buddy here about you not making enough power? My first choices would have to be cat back exhaust and then the external spark mod at the dizzy so you can run a blaster series coil and get some fatty plug wires (mine are 10.2mm) and go for a hotter plug.

or you could try and get the dual vtec head and ecu. The best of both worlds. Lean burn ran up to about 3250 rpm on the ride home then those Damn Hills would have the ecu pop into 1st stage vtec people were giving me looks when they got on the side of me and then wooooohhh!

Second stage is where it's at though. a few times I really got on it. I have a thing for tunnels, I made a lot or noise on the way home that was like a mile. Loved it. (I think that's the Shizzle loves it past 5k rpm crazy loud and b series type vtec kick you heard me? )

to me, it's worth the couple mpgs for the holy crap factor :-)

slownugly 06-06-2014 09:20 PM

Oh man that sounds like so much work haha

vrmouseyd15b 06-07-2014 01:39 AM

I've been playing with this setup for about six months now, and as soon as my bearings and seals kit and lsd block come in, she's coming back apart again!

I'm still learning about the car stuff - Jarrod is my go to guy for projects I'm still scared of, but this tranny will be all me! Of course I'll ask for help to throw it in. If you've seen the clutch in my Picasa, that's him putting it on.

It's a good time, and so far I've only had a few big setbacks (that damn 3 wire iac was a big one for me) like finding the right ecu for my setup. I bought one on eBay chipped and had it Street tuned, but nothing made this car go like the current 37820 p2j-j62 (jdm cvt 3 stage vtec)!

I'm just Damn stubborn. Once I learned what I had, I had to make it sing!

And in the chase for the best of both worlds of performance and mpgs, I found myself in PA.

YOU CAN DO IT!

hell, now I want to turbo the other motor and build the Old lady something!

mbolton1990 06-07-2014 09:44 PM

I'm in the process of putting a JDM D15B shortblock in my '90 HF at the moment...
It was the only motor I could get locally that was rebuilt and ready to go,it cost $250 and was freshly rebuilt,I'm putting my B6 head and intake on it it's going to be interesting to see what the MPG will be...personal best was ~53mpg with the B6...

But in the long haul I'd love to have the 3 Stage V-TEC,but with me being on OBD-0 I know that'd be a heck of a swap though right or am I missing something?Totally jelly of a working 3 Stage,regardlesss...congrats man!
I wish I could find more info on the swap,I'm going to end up getting lean-burn in this HF eventually but trying to figure out what'd be the best way to take considering I can't run a Z1 head because of the high CR..

vrmouseyd15b 06-07-2014 11:07 PM

I got my ecu on eBay for 29 bucks from JDM parts something or other. the head is the hard part. I've seen about guys converting their head to dual Vtec somewhere online and drilling their head for the second vtec oil passage. you are the only person I know that I think could pull it off.

mbolton1990 06-07-2014 11:51 PM

lol Dont be so gracious.

;)

Heres the head

96 00 Honda Civic EX 1 5L SOHC Dual 3 Stage V Tec OBD2 Head JDM D15B w Solenoid | eBay

Sorry to derail thread,in the name of leanburn I apologize.

:thumbup:

EDIT;
I'm getting a hunch that since normal V-TEC can be manually engaged with +12V at the solenoid beyond the set RPM (5200 etc)and with the right oil pressure that VTEC-E should be able to be engaged the same way on that head.I'm thinking of a in-car switch that would kick off the VTEC-E solenoid and then wire that switch to manually change the AFR to 20:1 via a modified/flashed ECU.The benefit of this is that I would still be able to be on OBD-0 in my HF and would just have to re-wire a few sensors/dizzy and it *in theory* would work...

Hmm more research must be done.

EDIT EDIT;
ahh
So here's the ECU you got?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/96-97-98-HON...82d713&vxp=mtr

vrmouseyd15b 06-08-2014 02:31 AM

That is the head exactly. And the ecu.

Look up vrmousey on YouTube for a general "lean burn explanation" of this ecu (37820 p2j-j62)

the trick with this setup is that it's a cvt ecu, and you run a manual tranny. This model ecu is supposed to have a separate traction control module, but it doesn't really need it except for the power/econo/whatever switch. It has outputs for both stages of vtec and supports lean burn (I've run it up to about 3300 rpm's in lean burn). It has a lean burn indicator light (switched ground from a30 I believe)
and I explain the vtec pins in the video:
Lean burn - YouTube

this is a quick walk around. I've moved the iac into the cab now. That's the other trick. I'm running a 3 wire iac remotely. That keeps the check engine light away. Check engine light means no lean burn. No lean burn on a cold motor either.

For the ecomodders! - YouTube

I just adjusted my idle to about 900 rpm's no load, Tps adjusted to .5 volt, 4.5 volt wot, and slightly retarded timing.

EDIT: Ijust broke 43mpg's with my 4 door lx and lx manual tranny! Tranny case is all blasted naked now, pinion separated. that case goes to work with jarrod tomorrow for powdercoat and i'm stuck waiting for parts for lsd and bearing kit:p

mbolton1990 06-08-2014 02:22 PM

Good stuff man,thanks for shedding some light on the D15B 3 Stage mystery.
Very interesting about the ECU,I know the P2J-003 are uber expensive and really rare thats amazing you got it working with the $30 one,haha kudos!With a factory OBD-2 car you were already a few steps ahead of the game,I'm considering snagging a engine harness out of a OBD-2 Civic at the local PNP and seeing how different it is from the OBD-0 one I have,and possibly using it with that head when the time omes.
43MPG in with a LX trans is impressive!You really should get the HX/CX or even a HF trans if possible I loooooove my HF trans,I can go 60MPH @ 1700 RPM's iirc.Wow with you in lean burn I wouldn't be suprised if that pushed you over 60MPG..

Trans swaps are a joke in these cars,I could probably do one in 3 hours give or take.
BTW I've got the swap almost done,wiring is sorted,head's torqued down putting the rad in,filling with fluids(going with GM Synchromesh FM this time around for the trans),gotta sort all the small bits out and I'm hoping for a test crank later tonight.

Fingers crossed,
I'm going to check out those videos later tonight for sure!

matt

EDIT:I heard somewhere that the 3 Stage head runs in 12V mode 'natively' (without any of the solenoids engaged at all) it then crosses over to standard 16V mode after ~3XXX RPM's ,is this true?
If so it'd mean it would 'stay in leanburn' virtually all the time,like in regular city driving,etc which I find kind of hard to believe.It's hard getting straight answers sometimes on such a subject...

vrmouseyd15b 06-08-2014 03:56 PM

yes. the motor will run in 12v mode until you make the 1st vtec solenoid (lean burn is engaged thru the ecu in 12v mode)

The 1st vtec solenoid will make the 16v mid operation - the valves don't fully open, a little more air and fuel/spark time from ecu.

Second stage vtec mkes both solenoids, and the valves will have full travel in this (wild cam) mode. this is when the d15b will make the full 130p.s. ( jap rating, about 128h.p stock )

I want to say that on the p2j series ecu's 1st vtec is a8, and second is a20 (a20 is listed as not used in most diagrams)

I've got my vx/hx tranny - I'm in the middle of rebuilding it as we click...
bought it from the o.p. SLOWNUGLY

mbolton1990 06-08-2014 04:22 PM

Wow,so technically I could stay in lean-burn all the time just by bolting the head on?!
I wonder how it'd run cold with lean-burn,etc,etc..

It'd make for a good experiment,get the AFR as close to 20:1 as possible(could check with a wideband),preferably only when warm...I think that'd be pretty easily attainable with Crome,if I decided to go the aftermarket ECU route and it'd let me modify everything.

I figured out the other night that the 3 Stage D15B is the same block as the standard V-Tec D15B (OBD-1),and that unlike the Z1 which has dished pistons to raise the compression it basically has D16Y5/7/8 pistons which is interesting..it's also the only 1.5 liter that has 1.6 rods..

Let us know how the trans rebuild goes,mine will need it some day

:)

vrmouseyd15b 06-08-2014 04:44 PM

NOT REALLLY. you will be in 12 valve mode without any vtec solenoids bieng engaged, but the ecu has to "put" you into lean burn. you'll see in the driving video how lean burn comes in when the ecu "sees" that we are in "lean burn conditions" - that basically means you can't be at more than 50% throttle, and the engine load or map info has something to do with it as well, I'm sure.

My "butt dyno" will tell you that there is a definitive difference between lean burn and straight 12v operation. and my gauges told me that the ecu (at least this jdm one) will carry 12v lean burn beyond 3000rpm if the conditions are right. that's why I was "popping" into 1st stage vtec (16v mid) operation going up hills on my trip to PA for the tranny.

mbolton1990 06-08-2014 05:16 PM

Ahh,makes sense!
I just pulled some money together and bought that head,that's the bigger part of the puzzle so to speak,should be interesting.Pretty stoked ^_^,thanks again for the help.
All this lean burn stuff is very interesting,crazy more cars didn't come with this technology.

vrmouseyd15b 06-08-2014 05:55 PM

they should make more cars with lean burn - i'm sure there will be a bit of a return in the future in search of better mpg's.

maybe with some kind of urea exhaust scrubbers like the "clean" diesels run? I'm sure it was all a matter of emissions anyway.

vrmouseyd15b 06-08-2014 09:04 PM

I was running a chipped p28 or something like that earlier in this setup, and it ran halfway decent, but nothing game me power, economy, or BOTH LIKE THIS ONE!!! that was an obd1 and I bought an adapter harness for it, being that my car is obd2. I'm sure if you look around, you can find the adapter, or at worst stack adapters to get down to obd0.

just a thought.

Jx_mohawk 06-17-2014 08:13 PM

Hello

Im interested in some parts i sent you a pm let me know if you got it if not pm me please im new here and looking to finish putting my car together

vrmouseyd15b 06-17-2014 08:17 PM

Slownugly has parts. he left his email on page 2 in this thread, I think. Look Back a few pages and shoot him an email. He said something about how he wasn't getting his notifications.

vrmouseyd15b 06-17-2014 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slownugly (Post 424554)
sorry for the late replys. my stupid email isnt giving me the notifications.

slogfilet-yes i have 1 diffuser. make me an offer on it.

mousey-i have a gentleman interested in the last transimission as a whole. either way i wouldnt really want to take one apart to sell just the final. if he backs out should i let you know?

beanis05- i do have a factory intake pipe. make me an offer.

best way to contact me is email. bmackes@yahoo.com

thanks!!

there.

thesandmn 05-12-2015 06:12 PM

catalytic converter

Hey, I'm looking for a stock California legal catalytic converter. Do you have any? Thanks