EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://ecomodder.com/forum/lounge.html)
-   -   Leatherman tools (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/leatherman-tools-24876.html)

lunatech 02-07-2013 06:55 PM

Leatherman tools

Problems with Leatherman service.

The following correspondence reveals to me a real problem with Leatherman product warranty.
That said, I love their products and would encourage the use of them. However just don't expect to take advantage of any claimed warranty.

This is all in reverse order, so it may make more sense if you read it from the bottom up.

Your English is poor, and you are confusing. First you state that you usually can't always repair the P4, then you state that you will not know if you can repair it until you take a look at it, then you state that you can't repair it. Holy he!!, all it needs is the file. DO YOU HAVE ANY? IF YOU DO SEND IT TO ME AND I WILL FIX THE MOTHERF@#$%^&!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To: 'Robert Savia'
Sent: Thursday, February 7, 2013 9:17 AM
Subject: RE: squirt p4

Hi Robert,

We will not know if we can repair until they take a look at the tool. If we can’t we would replace it with a PS4, we no longer have the P4 available. We can’t repair the P4 and you do not want it replaced we would send it back to you as is.

Sincerely,

Toni Mekkers
Customer Service Rep III
Leatherman Tool Group, Inc.
Leatherman / LED Lenser
1-800-847-8665 ext 509
toni.mekkersatleatherman.

Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2013 7:33 AM
To: Toni Mekkers
Subject: Fw: squirt p4

OK, one more time. I have been sending this to coninfoatleatherman.com, but maybe it just confused whomever was reading it and that's why I am being ignored. The next step will be to ask everyone I know for advice on what to do next.

----- Forwarded Message -----
To: "coninfoatleatherman.
Sent: Monday, February 4, 2013 9:53 PM

I guess it just doesn't matter to you!

To: "" <
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 3:38 PM

Still wondering if you meant can or can not usually repair the P4. I just want to know. I am anxious to have it repaired if possible.

To: Leatherman Consumer Information <
Sent: Sunday, January 20, 2013 10:33 PM
Subject: Re: squirt p4

I wonder if your response has a misused word.(We usually can’t always repair the P4,) It just seems like an awkward phrase, I wonder if the intent is to say "can" ? It seems that you are saying either you usually can't repair or can't always, but both together seems like a typo.

Please advise

To: 'Robert Savia'
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2013 1:21 PM
Subject: RE: squirt p4

Hello Robert,

Thank you for contacting us. The P4 has been retired and replaced with the PS4. We usually can’t always repair the P4, if we can’t repair it we would replace it with the PS4.

I’ve attached the warranty return form with the instructions on how to send your tool in to us under the warranty.
leatherman.com/about/pdfs/LeathermanWarrantyReturn.pdf

Thanks again for contacting Leatherman Tool Group, Inc.

Sincerely,

Toni Mekkers
Customer Service Rep III
Leatherman Tool Group, Inc.
Leatherman / LED Lenser
1-800-847-8665 ext 509
[

Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 6:28 PM
To: Mktg
Subject: squirt p4

Hello Sir of Madam,

My name is Robert Savia and I received a squirt P4 as a gift several years ago. I love this tool, it has been a lifesaver on many occasions and always comes in handy,

Anyhow, the file got broken off of it and I was very sad to find out I could not buy another one as it had been discontinued, that is until someone told me Leatherman offers a warranty on it, I read the warranty on your site and am concerned that if I send it in for repair that parts may not be available. If you would please let me know if the part is still available and it can be repaired before I send it I would appreciate it very much.

Thank you for you time and consideration,

Robert Savia.

gone-ot 02-07-2013 09:23 PM

"Our Warrantee is as good as our word...and our word is NO!"

lunatech 02-07-2013 10:11 PM

Well at least I finally got an answer from them. They sent me an e-mail stating that because of the way the P4 is constructed it can not be repaired, only replaced, and they would replace it with another model. If only they would have said that in the first place. I thanked them and I will be on the lookout for a previously owned one like mine(only not broken). I have one of their current offerings and I don't like it as much as the old one.

I am sorry to have vented the way I did, I had simply had it, was getting nowhere and wanted everyone to be aware of what to expect if doing business with them.

War_Wagon 02-07-2013 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Tele man (Post 355434)
"Our Warrantee is as good as our word...and our word is NO!"

I may steal that line to use for myself ha ha.