EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://ecomodder.com/forum/lounge.html)
-   -   Life isn't always easy.... (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/life-isnt-always-easy-21426.html)

kingsway 04-13-2012 07:57 AM

Life isn't always easy....

Think of those living in Africa... :)

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...20194585_n.jpg

jtbo 04-14-2012 11:15 AM

Hmm, potholes vs nearly unlimited solar generated power, I think I might tolerate potholes :D

poweronics 04-22-2012 03:03 AM

You are absolutely right here dude.

JethroBodine 04-22-2012 08:28 AM

Hang on. 9600km is around 6000 miles, right? There is a road in Africa that long and ALL of it is potholes:eek:?

Ed-in-Maine 04-22-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JethroBodine (Post 302326)
Hang on. 9600km is around 6000 miles, right? There is a road in Africa that long and ALL of it is potholes:eek:?

Maybe it's the I-95 equivalent, Cape Town to Cairo:D

I've been to Kenya and just about every road looked like that! But that was about 30years ago so maybe things have improved:rolleyes:

kingsway 04-22-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ed-in-Maine (Post 302352)
Maybe it's the I-95 equivalent, Cape Town to Cairo:D

I've been to Kenya and just about every road looked like that! But that was about 30years ago so maybe things have improved:rolleyes:

You'd be hard pushed to find a non-tarred road when driving between Cape Town and Messina! (the full length of the South Africa) Things tend to change as you go further north, however. :D

But I suspect the sign in the picture has been modified... if not in the real-world, then in Photo-shop! (The vehicle registration is Gauteng province, South Africa) :rolleyes:

larrybuck 04-22-2012 06:37 PM

But if you are in the sticks, no tailgaters!!!! Just drive whatever speed you like to not tear up your equipment!

From people I know that have driven in Africa at night, DON'T!!! The wild animal crossings

will for sure customize your front end!!!

Ed-in-Maine 04-22-2012 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by larrybuck (Post 302419)
From people I know that have driven in Africa at night, DON'T!!! The wild animal crossings

will for sure customize your front end!!!

+1, and some of those wild animal's friends will try to eat you when you get out to check the front end:D

kingsway 05-16-2012 09:49 AM

I was fortunate to live in the South where people are generally much better off!

Its bureaucracy and graft that are the biggest problems... Give people the freedom to make money and they generally get on quite well! They don't need aid - just fewer politicians, priests and other thieves/paracites!

user removed 05-16-2012 10:43 AM

Poli=many
tics=blood sucking leaches

regards
Mech

euromodder 05-16-2012 11:36 AM

I've seen worse than what's on that picture on Belgian highways ...
Including a stretch of asphalt that got completely torn apart within 24 hours after the repair job got done !

They blame it on a few harsh winters here.
Yeah right, Scandinavia has better roads despite far harsher winters every year !

jamesqf 05-17-2012 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suresh123 (Post 307527)
Yes you are saying right that the people who are living in Africa are really living a hell life.On one side we are living in every luxuries and they even don't have basic needs.This uneven distribution of income and facilities is making our world more poorer.

I don't know about that. I think I would greatly prefer to live in the part of Africa shown in the picture, than in say Manhattan or Los Angeles.

As for making the world poorer, how about a world in which a person can travel from Shanghai to Tahiti to Timbuktoo and find the same shops and goods - from fast food to high-end designer clothing - as in his nearest urban center? Seems pretty impoverished to me - the more so as the goods and culture seem to be reduced to the lowest common denominator.