EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://ecomodder.com/forum/introductions.html)
-   -   Long time, but I'm back! (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/long-time-but-im-back-7643.html)

TheTopher 03-28-2009 02:34 AM

Long time, but I'm back!

Hey mates. Haven't been on here in a very long time, but I keep finding myself chiming in about fuel efficiency on other boards so I figured maybe I should hop on back and start browsing here again.

So to recap, I sold my old car, Pearl, to the missus so she'd have a slightly more reliable ride than her neon. I then bought myself my new truck, Dorothy.

I'm still learning the finer points of driving her and also driving a stick, but on a recent two hour trip to Seaford I managed to squeeze 31.3mpg out of her, so I've got high hopes.

So anyway...yea'...now for the awkward end, like saying goodbye on a phone message. I'm hoping to pick up some more great tips :) Keep on raisin' your right foot. :turtle:

cfg83 03-28-2009 03:30 AM

TheTopher -

Welcome back to EM! Why would you drive two hours just to see food? I just open my fridge ... Oh, wait, nevermind.

CarloSW2

TheTopher 03-28-2009 04:28 AM

lol, smartass. It's good to be back. The missus and I have a thing where we go for long drives to malls and restaurants. It's a compromise, she gets to drag me to malls and restaurants and I get to be behind the wheel of my truck for a while without her bugging me about when I'm coming to see her :)

Drive Stick 03-28-2009 08:21 AM

Haha, that's kinda how it goes when I hang out with certain people in my life! I go just to be able to drive because:

1.) driving is the most fun you can have outside the bedroom
2.) see#1.
(actual 2.) Test myself to see how I can do better with mpg.

As you can see, I advocate driving stick, automatics make me fall asleep.

Speaking of neons, I know.. the common misconception is that most of them suck. The thing is, that's false...

They ALL suck, just happen to be good enough on gas and cheap enough to buy another one that every time one dies, the next one costs less than the previous ones repair bill! :thumbup::p

So anyway all jokes aside, it's crazy how driving to save money can be addictive. Soon you will again find yourself wasting gas just to see if you can best your last tanks mpg's

:turtle:

cfg83 03-28-2009 02:51 PM

TheTopher -

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheTopher (Post 94556)
lol, smartass. It's good to be back. The missus and I have a thing where we go for long drives to malls and restaurants. It's a compromise, she gets to drag me to malls and restaurants and I get to be behind the wheel of my truck for a while without her bugging me about when I'm coming to see her :)

Oh yeah, my wife's favorite restaurant is 20+ miles from home. Fortunately, it's 95% freeway, and we only go when the traffic is good.

CarloSW2