EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://ecomodder.com/forum/introductions.html)
-   -   Looking for savvy driver to interview on video (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/looking-savvy-driver-interview-video-26900.html)

Respectful Revolution 09-09-2013 09:32 PM

Looking for savvy driver to interview on video

Hi everybody,

Gerard Ungerman here, I am a career documentary filmmaker and I just registered to Ecomodder. I am also a devoted high efficiency motorcycle rider and I crisscross the country on a Harley Sportster 883 to interview people doing good, respectful things for the world. My interviews are watchable on RespectfulRevolution - dot - org and you can also visit our Facebook page ("Respectful Revolution"). I am now touring through OR and WA and am looking for someone to interview who could explain to me HOW they are driving - WHY they are driving like this and WHO they are (what put them on this path of caring about fuel efficiency...). You're welcome to call me in Chico, CA at 321-9367 (I don't include the area code so I figure only legit callers will go through the trouble of looking it up... #;o))

THANK YOU.

MetroMPG 09-10-2013 08:58 AM

Sounds like the kind of interview an ecodriver/hypermiler should like to give.

Good luck!

mikeyjd 09-10-2013 10:38 AM

Welcome and good luck :)

bestclimb 09-10-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Respectful Revolution (Post 389657)
I count on you to help us all show the world who has real b.... huh... guts on the road, between "petrol-monkeys" who are "powerful" enough to push mindlessly on the gas pedal and true homo sapiens who think twice about sending their $$$ up in smoke and vanities... THANK YOU.

I find this statement to be incongruous with respect. Is economical driving about ba..., erm,. guts? I drive economically because I find gas to be expensive, not because I have something to show the world. The denigration "petrol monkeys" and lifting up of the economical driver out of mire and holding them up as the elite, the true human beings. That line of thinking makes a gulf between people where non need exist. Or perhaps I am reading it wrong or it is a bit tongue in cheek?

elhigh 09-10-2013 12:52 PM

Welcome RR, and good luck. I'm in E Tennessee so I'm of no use to you (at this time).

Bestclimb, I suspect he's being a bit tongue in cheek but also pointing out the fact of the peer pressure that exists on the road. I hope this doesn't open the can o' worms it did elsewhere, but there was a lot of discussion as to whether the speed limit sign or the prevailing average of all other drivers that decides what speed you should travel.

The mob rule will never be a useful defense against a speeding ticket, but the mob's high speed CAN influence whether you get pulled over for driving too slowly. In that regard, it does take a certain strength of will to defy the influence of the crowd and choose a speed that, while safe, still isn't moving along at the same hectic pace as the prevailing traffic.

Unsafe speed is, obviously, unsafe. If you're a significantly slower driver, you should probably move to a significantly slower road.

Respectful Revolution 09-10-2013 02:13 PM

You know, you're probably right about your "incongruous" statement. I humbly recognize being frustrated at best, enraged at worse by dangerous, mindless and wasteful fast driving that costs our world so much every day in terms of resources, pollution and lives, both human and animal. And you're easily attacked on the road for being a "sissy" or something, for not "bravely" pushing the gas pedal like everybody else. You are the idiot for being wiser. I humbly acknowledge over-reacting to this fact. I will modify my post since, after all, I mean to be all about "respect". That mean I should also respect the unwise and the disrespectful, shouldn't I ?