EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://ecomodder.com/forum/lounge.html)
-   -   Loving it here (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/loving-here-17400.html)

wyatta4 05-16-2011 01:10 AM

Loving it here

Hey guys, and ladies:)
I just want to say that since I have been on this site I've found A TON of great information and everyone on here seems to be awesome and a great help.
I am very pleased with Ecomodder, it rocks:)
Thanks to all the extremely helpful people on here!!
Wyatt

JasonG 05-16-2011 07:57 AM

The only place better is the garage :-)

This place does rock !

larrybuck 06-23-2011 12:22 AM

I "third" that motion!!! I found this forum totally by accident; and now its my home away from home so to speak!

gone-ot 06-23-2011 10:42 AM

...common interests among uncommon people (ha,ha)

atomicradish 06-24-2011 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonG (Post 238719)
The only place better is the garage :-)

This place does rock !

Not all of us are mechanics!!! :D

I've still managed to get respectable FE numbers with only a "How Stuff Works" level of knowledge about my vehicles.

I think this site can be quite intimidating to those who know little to nothing about the mechanics of their car, but still would like to learn how to save fuel. I've just learned to read filter through most of the wrench head talk and focus on what I am capable of doing myself.

dcb 06-24-2011 10:51 PM

I can appreciate that, but hopefully you understand why it is good to have a forum about about modding for economy (and changing attitudes). I do have to say that picking up a wrench and diving into it was the best move I made, I have saved countless $$ being able to fix/mod my own stuff. Sure I made a few mistakes along the way, that is part of it.

atomicradish 06-24-2011 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcb (Post 246810)
I can appreciate that, but hopefully you understand why it is good to have a forum about about modding for economy (and changing attitudes). I do have to say that picking up a wrench and diving into it was the best move I made, I have saved countless $$ being able to fix/mod my own stuff. Sure I made a few mistakes along the way, that is part of it.

Sure, I can understand that, and I too would love to fix things myself. Unfortunately for me, in the time that I have become interested in FE, I have lived hours from home and my father's garage, with no place to practice. Many apartment complexes do not allow your to work on your car in the parking lot, so that can be a big deterrent to experimenting at home. Additionally, for me, I am hesitant to potentially screw up my only source of transportation. I would prefer to get a junker to work on, but then again, I have no place to do it, and am limited in how many cars I can have in the parking lot. I'd be interested to find out how many people here live in a rental property. I'd like to take some classes at a community college, but don't have the time to do so, as I am already a full time student and a part time worker.