EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://ecomodder.com/forum/introductions.html)
-   -   Magnetic Engines are Real! (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/magnetic-engines-real-7574.html)

BillWhedon 03-23-2009 05:21 PM

Magnetic Engines are Real!

Unfortunately most of them simply don't work, or at best, work only intermittently. The reasons are various, but all seem to boil down to one fatal flaw .. "Magnetic lock". My group has managed to overcome this problem, and is now finalizing prototypes up to 80HP for release within this year. To support further research, we have set up a website [URL removed by admin] to encourage people to assist with that research at minimal risk.

This is not a solicitation for investors, as we have plenty of prospective investors, including automotive companies, oil companies, and public utilities. We are issuing an invitation to participate in small ways, only, with the promise that when the engines go commercial, we all get rewarded.

Please have a look at the website for further information. Our goal is to stop subsidizing lavish lifestyles for the very people who choose to be our enemies. My personal goal, simply stated, is to never buy gasoline (petrol) again.

Come join us!
Bill Whedon

wyatt 03-23-2009 06:17 PM

I looked at your website, and there is really no information there. How much will your 80 hp engine weigh? Applications? Also, the problem isn't using the magnet's field to make motion, it's resetting the magnet so it can make the motion again, that's why you need an energy input to get power output, like a motor. If you can answer my questions satisfactorily, I would be happy to donate a couple bucks, or a couple hours.

dcb 03-23-2009 06:25 PM

I liked this example of a calloway gate, it really demonstrates the concept well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCr3l...eature=related

And it is something anyone can put together and experiment with, like adding a roller cam to lift the magnet over the gate.

note, you can see the bar bending in the video.

BillWhedon 03-23-2009 07:34 PM

Magnetic engine basic training?

Quote:

Originally Posted by wyatt (Post 93799)
I looked at your website, and there is really no information there. How much will your 80 hp engine weigh? Applications? Also, the problem isn't using the magnet's field to make motion, it's resetting the magnet so it can make the motion again, that's why you need an energy input to get power output, like a motor. If you can answer my questions satisfactorily, I would be happy to donate a couple bucks, or a couple hours.

I know the website doesn't contain many specifics. Perhaps that's the situation. The information required for describing an engine that actually works reliably is enough to immediately give away the farm, which would vastly upset my partners, who don't even want me on here talking about it! To answer the non-upsetting questions directly, first: The 80HP engine will weigh in at around 45 pounds less the reduction gearbox. Its primary purpose will be automotive power. The one on the bench now should produce about 20HP, which is sufficient to power a 10KW generator, thus pretty much freeing my own house from the electric company <grins very widely>

One small specific: I do not "reset" the magnets. They simply sit there on the flywheel and spin along with it. There are no electric motors starting the thing .. no batteries required.

I have a few reasonable-sized investors who are awaiting release of licensing. When that takes place, I will take on manufacturing help to be able to keep up with demand, which I expect will not be long in coming.

I urge anyone who wants to become "amicus inventor" to be aware that it is, indeed, a gamble, but a lot less so than dropping your dollars in a slot machine. Remember, please, that it's my gamble, too, which is inherently bigger than yours, and I tend to only like to bet on sure things. Like, against the KC Chiefs (my wife will kill me if she reads that!):D

The secret, if you care to call it that, is amazingly simple .. so much so, that I'm utterly amazed that my dad didn't find it way back in 1952 when he was experimenting with the same stuff, nor in the 40 years afterward. But he was an ME and perhaps had some preconceptions from that place that didn't allow him to see the (to me) obvious. Kind of like my recently having to disabuse one of my ME colleagues of the notion that I was somehow purporting that I was violating the second law of thermodynamics. A blessing of being an SOP inventor is that I have just enough technical knowledge to make it work .. not to thoroughly explain the scientifics of WHY it does! (Although the HOW is very well understood).

Anyhow, if you want to toss a few bucks my way, well, God bless you, as I'm on SS and the magnets I'm using are by no means cheap, nor will be hiring a machine shop when manufacture begins in earnest!

To much, much less oil-burning in the near future!
Bill Whedon

Christ 03-23-2009 08:08 PM

Tape-Lights... LOL. I've had to do that before.

So, as many times as I've seen non-working prototypes of magnetic motors, I've had a few ideas myself as to why they don't work... and those ideas have always lacked funding.

It's a vicious thing to have a great idea and not even be able to test it in the real world... and it doesn't stop with me, unfortunately. I do wish you the best of luck in your ventures, though.

Oh, and the TapeLight, they have keychains that work exactly like that, except you can only turn them on by squeezing them. I used to make them for fun. They cost about $2 to make, and you can usually squeeze about $3 out of them from tourists or people who just need a little light.

FastPlastic 03-23-2009 08:11 PM

The video posted shows the subject moving a magnet closer/farther away from the wheel generating the rotation. I would imagine to make this bigger to generate more power would require bigger magnets. Bigger magnets would require more force pushing it in and out(more power). Obviously you aren't going to stand there all day pushing the magnet in and out. So you would need some sort of engine or motor to power it. Taking gas/electricity to move the one magnet just to make it spin. And as we all know you can't put in 1KW and get out 2KW. Is this what your claiming?

Christ 03-23-2009 08:13 PM

Quote:

I've been studying this so-called Global Warming phenomenon, and have reached an irrefutable conclusion.

Global Warming is caused by idiot know-nothing politicians who don't know how to keep their mouths shut.

The solution?
It has been clearly shown that volcanic eruptions toss lots of sulfuric acid into the upper atmosphere, which effects a cooling of the earth, offsetting greenhouse gases nicely.

I suggest that we feed the politicians to the volcano gods.
I like this, by the way.

I'm curious though.. why is it that every page you "own" has been edited or updated today? Yeah, I checked.

So, before anyone here gets interested in investing, we'd all probably need to see something establishing your credibility... and you have 0 points on TradeKey, which is the first place I find that potentially matches you and your website.

Honestly, it's not likely that a stranger coming here for the first time will elicit a great investment response from one or two posts, especially being his initial 1 or 2 posts... credibility would help.

Christ 03-23-2009 08:17 PM

FastPlastic - I'm not defending any claims, but there is a slight discrepancy in what you say against this...

Magnets contain potential energy. When brought into range with something which reacts to magnetic energy, that potential energy is transferred to Kinetic energy. If the potential was 2kW, and it takes 1kW to bring the magnet in reactive range, the output could be more than the fuel input used, barring losses.

Once again, I'm not defending anything, nor am I being argumentative, just pointing out that you're not taking the magnet's own potential into account with your reply.

dcb 03-23-2009 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christ (Post 93815)
you're not taking the magnet's own potential into account with your reply.

Why is the magnets potential different than that of a spring? Or of gravity for that matter?

hummingbird 03-23-2009 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FastPlastic (Post 93812)
The video posted shows the subject moving a magnet closer/farther away from the wheel generating the rotation. I would imagine to make this bigger to generate more power would require bigger magnets. Bigger magnets would require more force pushing it in and out(more power). Obviously you aren't going to stand there all day pushing the magnet in and out. So you would need some sort of engine or motor to power it. Taking gas/electricity to move the one magnet just to make it spin. And as we all know you can't put in 1KW and get out 2KW. Is this what your claiming?

This pretty much summarizes the whole pseudo-science. The energy to rotate the wheel is indeed coming from the back-and-forth movement of the magnet. The wheel adjusts itself progressively to align itself with the path that provides maximum magnetic flux alignment, whereupon the magnetic circuit is broken and re-set at a position where the whole cycle repeats. The breaking of the magnetic circuit through that magnet movement takes energy, which is the net energy input here in this exercise. Any attempt to get the moving wheel itself provide that movement is going to result in a 'lock' as the power required to move the wheel is certainly less than the power required to move the magnets that cause this motion.

Let us not fall prey to these distractions, however well-meaning they be.

Christ 03-23-2009 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcb (Post 93819)
Why is the magnets potential different than that of a spring? Or of gravity for that matter?

A spring doesn't have potential until it's had kinetic energy applied. A magnet is always magnetic. I can't refute gravity, because I'm not entirely sure that magnetism doesn't play a part in gravity,and since most of the scientific community still can't agree on why gravity is so weak compared to magnetism and other forces, I don't intend to speculate on it.

BillWhedon 03-23-2009 09:34 PM

Magnetic tapelights? LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christ (Post 93811)
Tape-Lights... LOL. I've had to do that before.

So, as many times as I've seen non-working prototypes of magnetic motors, I've had a few ideas myself as to why they don't work... and those ideas have always lacked funding.

It's a vicious thing to have a great idea and not even be able to test it in the real world... and it doesn't stop with me, unfortunately. I do wish you the best of luck in your ventures, though.

Oh, and the TapeLight, they have keychains that work exactly like that, except you can only turn them on by squeezing them. I used to make them for fun. They cost about $2 to make, and you can usually squeeze about $3 out of them from tourists or people who just need a little light.

Thanks for the chuckle! Tonights upcoming weather might engender a few more tapelights in my house!

Somebody tells me that being early on this site isn't a good way to look for investors, but I'm not doing that. I already have investors waiting to send funding, but I am not accepting investment funding until I have a couple of what my partners call "robust prototypes" to show them. Those are what I'm working on now, and the funds I'm asking are relatively minimal and I have tried to make it clear that they, as all of my own funds and work, are a bit of a gamble. But I also maintain that I try to only bet on "sure things", and were I not confident in this engine, I'd not be working on it at all, much less trying to scam somebody. I'm 65 years old and have limited time left on this world. Why on God's earth would I risk spending any of that time in jail for fraud? So if you think I can't make it work, then by all means, bet that way and just walk away.

The "gate" thingy is neat, but it has all the same problems of all the other wannabe magnetic engines. Somebody has to sit there and work it. And the observation about needing bigger magnets also holds true, and I can tell you right now that when you get up toward the multiple-horsepower range, you're not going to be working those magnets by hand, if you value your limbs! My little 20HP proto uses magnets that can break fingers if mishandled even slightly. Getting much beyond that enters the realm of magnets that can conceivably do lethal things. BE CAREFUL!!

As to why my sites get updated, well, I'm old and bored, and I often think of things that need saying, or just find a misspelling that jars (my mom made me into a spelling cop!)

I am maintaining a journal offline, and have already applied for a Provisional Patent, which gives me the right to state that my engine is "Patent Pending", and that plus a buck might buy a cuppa at Starbucks, if you bring tax. All it will take is exposure in a country that thinks that a US device is fair game, and we can all kiss any profits good-bye.

As to "Christ"'s mention about gravity, I doubt that landing on a dark star, or even Jupiter, would find you thinking how weak gravity is as a force. It's all relative.

Well, I think I've addressed most of the points I noted. Have another read at Allsites Index and see if I did good, or if you're still betting against me. I'm still just an old dude on Social Security, and a few bucks more or less isn't going to make me either a rich guy or street people , but the "more" side might get the engine going sooner, which would be lovely!
Cheers,
Bill Whedon

dcb 03-23-2009 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christ (Post 93821)
A spring doesn't have potential until it's had kinetic energy applied. A magnet is always magnetic.

DUDE!!! two magnets touching each other don't have any potential EITHER!!!

Folks have to demonstrate some fundamental understanding here, I'm losing faith pretty quickly.

Yes magnet motors can be tweaked into existence, yes they have significant lifespan problems, can anyone promoting this demonstrate that they know what those problems are and how to overcome them?

Or do we have to be bludgeoned with political tripe and useless posturing?

BillWhedon 03-23-2009 09:57 PM

All I can do is to give you the one best possible clue I can give without drawing you a picture. Look at the problem from the other end. Thats why mine works and NONE of the others do.
Bill Whedon

dcb 03-23-2009 10:02 PM

Can you PM me a picture then? I'm pretty sure something was lost in translation there.

Christ 03-23-2009 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcb (Post 93832)
DUDE!!! two magnets touching each other don't have any potential EITHER!!!

Folks have to demonstrate some fundamental understanding here, I'm losing faith pretty quickly.

Yes magnet motors can be tweaked into existence, yes they have significant lifespan problems, can anyone promoting this demonstrate that they know what those problems are and how to overcome them?

Or do we have to be bludgeoned with political tripe and useless posturing?

This is not entirely true... both magnets still exhibit potential energies, except that their energies are being drained into each other as kinetic energy. i.e. it would take kinetic energy to separate them, equal to the potential (magnetic) energy they both contain.

Just because the force is being counteracted, doesn't mean it doesn't still exist.

Like I said, I'm not vouching for this guy, or magnet motors as a whole, I'm just making sure that everyone thinks about an often left-out variable.

dcb 03-23-2009 10:05 PM

Forget it guys. If you weren't talking in circles/nonsense/riddles I might think you were taking this seriously.

Christ 03-23-2009 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcb (Post 93848)
Forget it guys.

Please don't place me in league with this person. I don't appreciate it at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcb (Post 93848)
If you weren't talking in circles/nonsense/riddles I might think you were taking this seriously.

I really don't see where I've been talking in circles/nonsense/riddles at all, actually. What I do see is that people often discredit the potential energy that magnets have when attempting to calculate why a magnet motor wouldn't work.

Magnets, to my knowledge, are the only force that don't require kinetic energy to produce kinetic energy, thus, they must contain some form of continuous potential energy to begin with. (This may not be true on a larger scale than I care to think about/discuss here, but for all intents and purposes, it is.)

Before you go placing me in a league aside this person, or those who have experimented with and claim to have produced working magnet motors, please realize that I'm only regurgitating the high-school science that many have so obviously forgotten.

"You can't make more than you put in." Is a true statement, on all accounts... but if it's not just YOU putting in the effort, then it's not just YOU making the end result.

Imagine for a minute that you have a piece of steel, that weighs in at 2 tons.

You have only yourself to move it, and you stand between the steel and and immobile wall (exaggeration for purposes of explanation).

On the wall is a magnet that has force equal to 1.99 tons of pressure application, and it's facing the opposite polarity of the piece of steel in front of you.. that means that the .01 tons of force you would need to apply to move the 2 ton piece of steel has essentially created more energy than you've applied. The key there, is that now there is a 2ton object moving before you, and YOU have applied .01 tons of force.

That seems to me to be pretty obviously the magnet's doing, unless you have some other way to explain it.

dcb 03-23-2009 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christ (Post 93852)
Please don't place me in league with this person. I don't appreciate it at all.

I'm not, I just can't continue this debate in this manner as it isn't a productive format.

Quote:

when attempting to calculate why a magnet motor wouldn't work.

I've seen them work (or at least good imitations of them working) online, I don't need to calculate it. They've been around for decades and they have serious issues as I already said.

I'm trying to look Bill in the face and he tells me to look at it from the other end.

dcb 03-23-2009 10:42 PM

Here is an interesting device, at least academically speaking. Referenced from Permanent Magnet Motors , has run for at least 14 days (according to the site):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=us7YB...layer_embedded

Christ 03-23-2009 10:59 PM

I saw that a few months ago when I was looking into perpetuum for a self-prescribed project I was working on.

It's interesting, alright.

Christ 03-23-2009 11:35 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbJVND2FEYc

^^^My current favorite magnetic device - The Magnevex.

It uses a Fibonacci spiral array of magnets on external vortices, which rotate in tandem. Without reproducing the design, I have no idea if it would actually work, but I know that the creator (as well as many other people) are making a huge mistake using aluminum for any part of a magnet motor, since aluminum DOES in fact react to magnets. It creates a braking effect.

Don't believe me? Drop a 5kg magnet onto a 1" thick aluminum plate... bet it makes very little noise...

FastPlastic 03-23-2009 11:52 PM

Quote:

Imagine for a minute that you have a piece of steel, that weighs in at 2 tons.

You have only yourself to move it, and you stand between the steel and and immobile wall (exaggeration for purposes of explanation).

On the wall is a magnet that has force equal to 1.99 tons of pressure application, and it's facing the opposite polarity of the piece of steel in front of you.. that means that the .01 tons of force you would need to apply to move the 2 ton piece of steel has essentially created more energy than you've applied. The key there, is that now there is a 2ton object moving before you, and YOU have applied .01 tons of force.

That seems to me to be pretty obviously the magnet's doing, unless you have some other way to explain it.

I understand what your saying. But I guess when were talking about continuing to generate power what resets the example? Seems to me you can generate power until the point at which you have a giant piece of steel on the wall. At which point you would need 1.99 tons of force to pull the steel off the wall right? Just to put it back where you found it in the first place.

I look at that example and think battery. Charging the battery pulls the steel off the wall and away from the magnet at which point it resets allowing you to push it back.

BillWhedon 03-24-2009 12:22 AM

Demystifying the engine .. just a small engineering issue

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcb (Post 93846)
Can you PM me a picture then? I'm pretty sure something was lost in translation there.

I understand, believe me, but to get that bit was the result of hundreds of hours of researching non-working engines, building some of the ones that others swore worked, and had even sold to the unwary. There is only one other person, one of my partners, who has been told the solution, and he has asked that I not reveal that until we are in production. But to amplify the clue, see it another way. Once you understand how you would go about building a magnetic engine, then do that, and when and if it does not work, you will analyze it from the other side of the problem. It requires only a few obvious questions to get on the right track.

I truly hate having to be cryptic, but I am under a geas to my friend and colleague. The only things I will give are clues which I inferred myself, and which had to be both discovered and decoded by me.

It will cheer you and many others, however, to know that there is one very good, dependable, and inexpensive source of magnets up to the size of those I used in my initial build. K&J Magnetics .. [URL deleted by admin] is head and shoulders the best source I have found for NdFeBo magnets up to N52 strength. Check out their surplus magnets, too. Some of those are to die for, and it's a conscientious company with safety first, so do read their documentation!

Thats all I can in good faith to my partners, say.

Have fun!
Bill Whedon

Ryland 03-24-2009 01:40 AM

Now I can give you some answers as to what is going on and I'm not even going to ask you for any money as I have some very wealthy investors who wish not to be named, they could of course buy me out completely, or hire me they are so wealthy but chose not to because there are so many of them, but if you want to give me some money so I can buy a $4 cup of coffee I'm not going to turn it down, after all my idea has a patent pending on it, so it's not like it's protected by patent copy laws, or that the information has to be made public as part of the public review.

Piwoslaw 03-24-2009 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillWhedon (Post 93843)
All I can do is to give you the one best possible clue I can give without drawing you a picture. Look at the problem from the other end. Thats why mine works and NONE of the others do.
Bill Whedon

Instead of moving the gate to make the wheel spin, you spin the wheel to make the gate move?

BillWhedon 03-24-2009 05:05 AM

Barking up the wrong magnet...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryland (Post 93881)
Now I can give you some answers as to what is going on and I'm not even going to ask you for any money as I have some very wealthy investors who wish not to be named, they could of course buy me out completely, or hire me they are so wealthy but chose not to because there are so many of them, but if you want to give me some money so I can buy a $4 cup of coffee I'm not going to turn it down, after all my idea has a patent pending on it, so it's not like it's protected by patent copy laws, or that the information has to be made public as part of the public review.

Always best to not name your investors, as they tend toward fluidity. But I will also advise you to not take any serious money from anyone unless you have a ready proof that your device works. I'm not talking about a $4 cup of coffee, either. So far I've been offered investment capital of up to $50million which I will absolutely not accept until the two large-horsepower prototypes are off the blocks and installed and running. They still cost just as much to produce, but I would rather view the entire transaction as a gamble, as I said, until the proofs are in place.

That attitude puts me in the same boat as you, financially, but it's still so much more ethical and safer, by my lights. I believe that old saw that says, "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt!"

You cannot protect your invention unless you don't reveal its workings. That is a given. If you let someone have one prematurely, and they want to steal it, you cannot stop them. Further, international patents are outrageously expensive, and some places in this world still do not honor them. How much of the Chinese gear you purchase at WalMart was invented there? And a US patent is only a protection in the USA. So don't be naive.

However, if you truly believe in your device, come talk to me by email or telephone and if you have a Paypal account, I will be happy to set you up with a similar fund-collection method to mine, for assisting with development finance. You will need a website, but I can help there, too. You can reach me by the "Contact" page on [URL deleted by admin] to discuss details. I feel that there is nothing to be gained by selfishness in this world where we all need real friends just to survive.

Good luck, and God bless you!
Bill Whedon

BillWhedon 03-24-2009 05:11 AM

Ummm... Not quite, but you're thinking!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Piwoslaw (Post 93886)
Instead of moving the gate to make the wheel spin, you spin the wheel to make the gate move?

You need to approach the entire system to find the solution. The problem is still the "magnetic lock" situation, and you are very close to solving it. Walk away from it for a while and come back and look with "new eyes".
Good luck, God Bless you!
Bill Whedon

dcb 03-24-2009 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillWhedon (Post 93887)
I feel that there is nothing to be gained by selfishness in this world where we all need real friends just to survive.

Then don't be selfish with what you think you know. I really have no idea why you are here, smoke and mirrors is going to get called as B.S., though maybe politely for a while unless you get the hint early.

You claimed something and are incapable of backing it up. At this point I'm going to say back it up or shut up. We aren't idiots here but I'm starting to get the idea that you think we are. No more cryptic, no more excuses, share the plans and let someone replicate it or why the hell are you here?

BillWhedon 03-24-2009 05:41 AM

No points for puerile mockery

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcb (Post 93889)
Then don't be selfish with what you think you know. I really have no idea why you are here, smoke and mirrors is going to get called as B.S., though maybe politely for a while unless you get the hint early.

You claimed something and are incapable of backing it up. At this point I'm going to say back it up or shut up. We aren't idiots here but I'm starting to get the idea that you think we are. No more cryptic, no more excuses, share the plans and let someone replicate it or why the hell are you here?

Protecting my own interests and those of my partners is neither selfishness, nor "smoke and mirrors". You want to call it bull****, be my guest. Chanting "Nyah, nyah, nyah, you're LYING!!" isn't going to convince me that you're anything but yet another little kid without the perseverance and ethic to actually work and make the discovery himself, and wants someone else to do it for him.

I don't need to justify my being anywhere, kid. It's a public forum. And spending your rhetoric bashing me will get you exactly nowhere. Now kindly get out of the pulpit and try some thoughtful discovery. It will get you a lot farther. God bless you and your efforts.
Bill Whedon

dcb 03-24-2009 05:43 AM

You avoided the question, again. Why are you here? To bash China? This is an international forum?!? To sell magnets or website setup services?

Have you solved mankinds energy problems?

BillWhedon 03-24-2009 05:56 AM

Selfishness?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcb (Post 93889)

Further: I don't see that not just giving away my resources to people too lazy to produce their own, or to think their own problems through, is being "selfish". Nor is it unfriendly. I think your attitude sucks, kid, and if you think that being abusive will get you points with me or anyone else with common sense, then your butt and head have changed places. I think that directing your energies to solving your own problems with your engine is a better use of your time.
Good luck and God Bless you.
Bill Whedon

dcb 03-24-2009 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillWhedon (Post 93893)
Further: I don't see that not just giving away my resources to people too lazy to produce their own, or to think their own problems through, is being "selfish". Nor is it unfriendly. I think your attitude sucks, kid, and if you think that being abusive will get you points with me or anyone else with common sense, then your butt and head have changed places. I think that directing your energies to solving your own problems with your engine is a better use of your time.
Good luck and God Bless you.
Bill Whedon

I spend most of my time solving my own problems. It just looks to me like you are abusing this forum to cast about for idiots.

Have a nice life Bill. May God forgive you for hoarding solutions to real problems, if that is indeed the case. You will have to forgive me if I do not simply take your word for it, you should not expect any other result when presenting only hearsay.

BillWhedon 03-24-2009 06:16 AM

Magnets and aluminum

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christ (Post 93869)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbJVND2FEYc

^^^My current favorite magnetic device - The Magnevex.

It uses a Fibonacci spiral array of magnets on external vortices, which rotate in tandem. Without reproducing the design, I have no idea if it would actually work, but I know that the creator (as well as many other people) are making a huge mistake using aluminum for any part of a magnet motor, since aluminum DOES in fact react to magnets. It creates a braking effect.

Don't believe me? Drop a 5kg magnet onto a 1" thick aluminum plate... bet it makes very little noise...

Another cool experiment .. Get a 1/4" ID aluminum tube about 24" long (SK Metals rack at your local Ace Hardware) and drop a 4.5mm diameter N52 magnet (5mm long cylindrical) down it and see how long it takes to get to the bottom! Quite a little eye-opener! I thought it had hung up somewhere in the tube and sighted down the tube just as it dropped out .. about 20 seconds later! Eddy currents are amazing! There's even an electric range that cooks on an aluminum frying pan that it floats by eddy current action from an electromagnetic "burner" that doesn't get hot! (The pan does, of course!)

Magnetism is a truly incredible force!
God Bless us all, and grant us the prosperity of knowledge!
Bill Whedon

BillWhedon 03-24-2009 06:29 AM

Casting?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcb (Post 93894)
I spend most of my time solving my own problems. It just looks to me like you are abusing this forum to cast about for idiots.

Have a nice life Bill. May God forgive you for hoarding solutions to real problems, if that is indeed the case. You will have to forgive me if I do not simply take your word for it, you should not expect any other result when presenting only hearsay.

Well, I've only met one idiot here so far, and I'm sure that God will forgive me for not passing out my allegedly bogus solutions. Kindly quit trolling. It ain't gonna work. You're wasting my time and yours, so, entertaining though it's been, howzabout you pack it in.
It's about 5:30 AM and I'm tired of this battle of wits with an unarmed kid. Get some sleep.
God Bless you,
Bill Whedon

dcb 03-24-2009 06:59 AM

Please don't speak for God, or use God for your self promotion schemes. It is very conceited and vain. That's not a good look, as the kids say.

tasdrouille 03-24-2009 08:23 AM

You invented the magnetic screen, great!

Bill,

What exactly is your purpose here?

Quote:

This is not a solicitation for investors [...] We are issuing an invitation to participate in small ways, only, with the promise that when the engines go commercial, we all get rewarded.
That is an ambiguous statement that I would like explained a bit more in details.

You see, this place here is about sharing, which is a bidirectional process.

I am afraid that unless you can clarify your situation, this thread might have to be deleted.

And please everyone, stick to the subject.

bikin' Ed 03-24-2009 09:14 AM

Hmmmmm

I just happened upon this thread now. The first thing that occurred to me is tha the name Bill Whedon sounds very familiar. :confused: Is this the same Bill Whedon who was trying to sell me (for thousands of dollars) a pre-combustion catalytic convertor, so that my car fuel economy would increase by up to 50%?

If so, did that endeavor not pan out so well?

hummingbird 03-24-2009 10:30 AM

Mods, this all is sooo much fitting the pattern. The great 'Magnavex' is nothing but a clever / needlessly complicated magnetic coupler, the 'magnetic motor' originally described and demonstrated is nothing but a clever magnetic curio, being touted as perpetual motion machine only because there is insufficient understanding of the finality (of course, relative, but pretty much absolute for all practical purposes) of laws of thermodynamics, and a fascinating smooth talking snake oil merchant who drops hints about multi-million dollar investors but still talks to perfect strangers on online fora about inventions that are 'patent pending'...

Maybe lets all get back to work and thank Bill for leaving this forum unmolested till this thread came about. Maybe we need that unmolested peace to continue... ;)

BillWhedon 03-24-2009 10:46 AM

nope, no catalytic converters here!

Quote:

Originally Posted by bikin' Ed (Post 93906)
I just happened upon this thread now. The first thing that occurred to me is tha the name Bill Whedon sounds very familiar. :confused: Is this the same Bill Whedon who was trying to sell me (for thousands of dollars) a pre-combustion catalytic convertor, so that my car fuel economy would increase by up to 50%?

If so, did that endeavor not pan out so well?

Not I, for sure! I have nowt to do with catalytic converters. I'm here to offer assistance where possible, and to ask for assistance from others in getting parts together for my own magnetic engine project because I have very low income. I've been plagued by trolls and simpleminded nasty children for my troubles, so if the moderator is another of those, kindly advise me so I can find a more adult forum.

Most of the participants here had been quite nice until Mr. DCB reared his namecalling little head with unfounded accusations and general nastiness. So I defended myself, in a sarcastically humorus manner. Now I am being attacked by that same nasty little piece of work for my caring and attitude that God should be invoked to help people, and by another child who is apparently one of his sycophants who not only does not know me, but who chooses to accuse me of some unrelated scam, nonetheless. If these are the sorts of stupid cretin children that you choose to allow to populate your list, then perhaps you'd be better served to give them the boot and bring in some reasonable adults.

Read my posts, please. I do what I can to help, and I am generally as respectful as the converse I receive. So you tell me .. if I'm attacked out of the blue by some unreasonable child, am I supposed to avoid confronting him for his imbecilic behaviour? Is this a forum to be populated by intelligent adults? Or is it a gang of unruly schoolchildren? You're the moderator? Then fix it however you want to make it and I will comply. I haven't time nor patience to play with the little bullies.
Respectfully, God Bless you,
Bill Whedon