EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Fossil Fuel Free (https://ecomodder.com/forum/fossil-fuel-free.html)
-   -   May be of interest- under electrics (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/may-interest-under-electrics-6936.html)

Christopher Jordan 01-30-2009 12:19 AM

May be of interest- under electrics

This "Jet Trike" was on Craigslist tonight:

Electric Jet Trike

The name sounds futuristic - I wonder if it has a jet too!

order99 01-30-2009 12:32 AM

(checks wallet and bank account, whimpers in frustration)
:(

I wonder if he'd consider sharing or selling his design prints? i'd love to see his Suspension and Steering sub-systems.

Christopher Jordan 01-30-2009 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by order99 (Post 85798)

I wonder if he'd consider sharing or selling his design prints? i'd love to see his Suspension and Steering sub-systems.

Just might! Unusual building a 3-wheeler in the US; and I know how proud I was building a one-of-a-kind in '04-'05.

rgathright 01-30-2009 12:34 PM

Wow, seems EV's have high resale values.

Christopher Jordan 01-30-2009 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rgathright (Post 85842)
Wow, seems EV's have high resale values.

Surprisingly; they do! Maybe it is the oddity, or uniqueness. Many Xebras, GEMs, Zenns, Taylor-Dunn, Th!nks, etc. stay high priced even if they are getting a lot of complaints by some people. Even in this crazy economy in CA., EVs are pretty overpriced it seems.

I bought the City-EL and the mountain-trike (Big Red) on Craigslist.. Had to take out a personal loan on those- ouch! :(

order99 01-30-2009 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christopher Jordan (Post 85801)
Just might! Unusual building a 3-wheeler in the US; and I know how proud I was building a one-of-a-kind in '04-'05.

Ooh, Pictures please? And one of Big Red if you've got one-I just came into possession of three salvageable bikes and would like to blatantly steal...er, carefully examine that front steering section you mentioned in your Write-up! :thumbup:

(note to Self-borrow Dads's Arc Welder, learn to weld, leave landscape unblemished in the process)

Christopher Jordan 01-31-2009 12:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by order99 (Post 85906)
Ooh, Pictures please? And one of Big Red if you've got one-

A few (if this works):
Flickr: eco_milage_buster_2005's Photostream
Frappr Maps - My Photos
Flickr: The velomobiles Pool
If not, Big Red is on left (E-Pod on right has dead batteries now, so I "retired" it). Not a very good shot.

order99 01-31-2009 01:59 AM

Many thanks.

Sorry about the Battery problems-there's a number of inquiries concerning inexpensive Power Supplies over at the DIY EV Forums, and I think a few have borne fruit:

I just received a quotation for LiFePO at 0.35/wh - DIY Electric Car Forums

I finally found a source for large format NI-MH batteries - DIY Electric Car Forums

Hope the E-pod isn't down too long!

MPaulHolmes 01-31-2009 04:48 AM

Thanks for posting, order99! I read the thread about the $0.35/amp*hr for the 3.2v cells. That's very exciting.

Christopher Jordan 01-31-2009 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by order99 (Post 85916)
Hope the E-pod isn't down too long!

Thanks order99. The E-Pod should be running right in Spring- it is VERY hard to pedal! On a link you mentioned was an EV Album link- that reminded me of 3 more Pod (Rocketship) pics, and a pic of "green machine":
Chris Jordan's E-Pod
I have way too many photos (Facebook and who-knows-where). I really should have spent more time looking for batteries :D