EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Off-Topic Tech (https://ecomodder.com/forum/off-topic-tech.html)
-   -   Maybe I'll get Samus, maybe not. (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/maybe-ill-get-samus-maybe-not-10543.html)

Christ 10-10-2009 01:10 AM

Maybe I'll get Samus, maybe not.

That's right, I'm working on a deal (oh, gee... another deal?) to get myself a Metroid. :) I'll call her Samus. (Oh, man... really?!)

Actually, there are two of them. I'll probably buy them both, no matter what condition they're in, because the price is lower than what I can get by parting them out/towing them straight to the junkyard.

I'm looking at a '95 and a '96, a '97 G10 engine/5 speed, and a "bunch of other parts". Unfortunately, there are no pics, but I can go check them out, they're only a little over an hour from me.

For $225, I can't see a good reason not to pick them up, no matter what condition they're in. It'll be a success story once I actually get them.. for now, it belongs here, I guess.

theunchosen 10-11-2009 09:35 PM

Can't see a reason not to. Planning to do the same with a 97 Accord. Metro has stock better performance(MPG) than the accord though..

Nevyn 10-12-2009 10:47 AM

Which direction? Are they up more towards me?

Christ 10-12-2009 11:24 AM

They're in South Williamsport, PA, right off RT 15 about 5 houses south from Beiter's.

One of them has the top cut off (he uses it for a woods mobile) and the other has rusted the rear swaybar mounts off.

The parts are supposedly in good condition, though.

metroschultz 10-12-2009 11:28 AM

For $225 if you don't buy them I will, and deal with SWMBO later.
You might be 450 miles away, but for 2 cars and "a bunch of other stuff" it would be worth the trip and wife anger.
Beside, I would like to have a new body style.

Nevyn 10-12-2009 11:28 AM

Little too far for me to join you. Would be fun, though, if I could. HOWEVER, the wife's 99 Grand Prix is in need of a transmission replacement.

Christ 10-12-2009 11:33 AM

Metroschultz

I'm working on getting them, but I'll let you know if I don't, so you can attack!

Johnny Mullet 10-12-2009 11:55 AM

Rear swaybar mounts rotting off is common. You can weld on new mounts or just remove the entire swaybar and sell it to someone wanting to upgrade an older Metro/Swift.

Good luck!

shovel 10-13-2009 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metroschultz (Post 133387)
For $225 if you don't buy them I will, and deal with SWMBO later.
You might be 450 miles away, but for 2 cars and "a bunch of other stuff" it would be worth the trip and wife anger.
Beside, I would like to have a new body style.

:eek: Am I the only one who couldn't help accidentally reading too much into this? ;) :D

Christ 10-13-2009 12:23 PM

I caught it, but for once, I didn't want to push the issue LOL.

Some Freudian slips are just too slippery for me to stride.