EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Off-Topic Tech (https://ecomodder.com/forum/off-topic-tech.html)
-   -   Maybe I'll get Samus, maybe not. (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/maybe-ill-get-samus-maybe-not-10543.html)

Christ 10-10-2009 01:10 AM

Maybe I'll get Samus, maybe not.

That's right, I'm working on a deal (oh, gee... another deal?) to get myself a Metroid. :) I'll call her Samus. (Oh, man... really?!)

Actually, there are two of them. I'll probably buy them both, no matter what condition they're in, because the price is lower than what I can get by parting them out/towing them straight to the junkyard.

I'm looking at a '95 and a '96, a '97 G10 engine/5 speed, and a "bunch of other parts". Unfortunately, there are no pics, but I can go check them out, they're only a little over an hour from me.

For $225, I can't see a good reason not to pick them up, no matter what condition they're in. It'll be a success story once I actually get them.. for now, it belongs here, I guess.

theunchosen 10-11-2009 09:35 PM

Can't see a reason not to. Planning to do the same with a 97 Accord. Metro has stock better performance(MPG) than the accord though..

Nevyn 10-12-2009 10:47 AM

Which direction? Are they up more towards me?

Christ 10-12-2009 11:24 AM

They're in South Williamsport, PA, right off RT 15 about 5 houses south from Beiter's.

One of them has the top cut off (he uses it for a woods mobile) and the other has rusted the rear swaybar mounts off.

The parts are supposedly in good condition, though.

metroschultz 10-12-2009 11:28 AM

For $225 if you don't buy them I will, and deal with SWMBO later.
You might be 450 miles away, but for 2 cars and "a bunch of other stuff" it would be worth the trip and wife anger.
Beside, I would like to have a new body style.

Nevyn 10-12-2009 11:28 AM

Little too far for me to join you. Would be fun, though, if I could. HOWEVER, the wife's 99 Grand Prix is in need of a transmission replacement.

Christ 10-12-2009 11:33 AM

Metroschultz

I'm working on getting them, but I'll let you know if I don't, so you can attack!

Johnny Mullet 10-12-2009 11:55 AM

Rear swaybar mounts rotting off is common. You can weld on new mounts or just remove the entire swaybar and sell it to someone wanting to upgrade an older Metro/Swift.

Good luck!

shovel 10-13-2009 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metroschultz (Post 133387)
For $225 if you don't buy them I will, and deal with SWMBO later.
You might be 450 miles away, but for 2 cars and "a bunch of other stuff" it would be worth the trip and wife anger.
Beside, I would like to have a new body style.

:eek: Am I the only one who couldn't help accidentally reading too much into this? ;) :D

Christ 10-13-2009 12:23 PM

I caught it, but for once, I didn't want to push the issue LOL.

Some Freudian slips are just too slippery for me to stride.

Christ 10-29-2009 01:18 AM

So, the guy finally got back to me. I'm going to check these out on Monday, when I take my Wife down to the place she'll be staying at for part of each week for the next 3 months or so, while she finishes her Massage Therapy Practitioner classes.

Of course, I'll have to find a way to move them, as well. I'm thinking about putting a hitch on the van and towing them home with it. :thumbup:

The new deal is that I'm picking up everything he has, which, purportedly, is one complete Metro (which may need engine work, unclear thus far), one complete running Metro that's been made topless, and at least one more Metro worth of parts, including a G10, 5 speed, and several other bits. All for $200. Both complete cars come with titles, as well. Sweet freakin' deal.

If anyone needs parts, I'll be stripping that topped Metro shortly after getting it home! As always, I'm fair with prices, and I ship.

Christ 11-21-2009 10:09 PM

This guy is getting annoying... he's slow at getting back to me, has a different phone number every time he calls me (can't afford a cell phone, keeps calling from friend's houses...), and I'm getting fed up with it.

At this point, I've decided that if I don't have the money when he gets back to me, I don't care, I'm tired of having $200 tied up for nothing.