EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   General Efficiency Discussion (https://ecomodder.com/forum/general-efficiency-discussion.html)
-   -   Metro XFi sells on eBay for $7k. Are efficient used car prices going up? (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/metro-xfi-sells-ebay-7k-efficient-used-car-2402.html)

MetroMPG 05-17-2008 10:24 PM

Metro XFi sells on eBay for $7k. Are efficient used car prices going up?

Via ABG: Nerd Alert! Geo Metro: the new "it" car?

It's a post about how the gas misers of old are commanding higher and higher prices.

The example car is a '93 XFi with low miles (22k) - a little old lady car that sold on eBay for $7k. Wow. That's got to be close to what it cost new!

My '98 has less than half that many miles on it. Think I could sell it for 7 big ones? :)

See similar post of the eBay barn find: '89 CRX all original with 34k miles.

Lazarus 05-17-2008 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetroMPG (Post 26648)

[/B][/B]My '98 has less than half that many miles on it. Think I could sell it for 7 big ones? :)

That would be a fun exercise to list it and see what you could get. You don't need a car anywho.:p Take the monies and get the insight you alway wanted.

You would have to put the alternator belt back on and get rid of the duct tape.:turtle:

RH77 05-17-2008 10:45 PM

There was that 4x4 truck ad (in a post somewhere here) that was like $5000 for the old truck, or would trade even for a Civic or Integra.

I definitely see a trend in other areas -- just check the used car ads or classifieds.

Either of you could get at least 7-large for your cars, I know it! :thumbup:

Metro's Firefly is cult icon -- it's a classic :D

And the 'Woo is a "hard to find original". :)

RH77

TheDon 05-18-2008 12:41 AM

ha! Last year it was Diesel cars(man it sucked.. I wanted a wagon so bad but jeeze the prices were insane). Now, its small econo boxes that get like 50 mpg even if you flog them.

ihatejoefitz 05-18-2008 12:51 AM

The reason I got into Datsuns was because you could build a really fast car for little money; I think the same applies to hypermiling. For 7k I could build a car that would get insane mileage. Poor investment on somebody's part.

Peakster 05-18-2008 12:57 AM

The Geo metro is definitely a 90s pop-culture icon. Sort of like how the "K" car is for the 80s and the Pinto is for the 70s.

Arminius 05-18-2008 02:34 AM

Hhhhmm....If things keep going the way they are, I'll have to rip the Civic tags off my car and replace them with Geo Metro tags.

Sexy!

XFi 05-18-2008 08:29 AM

Wow, I was ecstatic when my low mileage XFi brought $4k the other year. Only on Ebay ;)

Johnny Mullet 05-18-2008 10:02 PM

I would not want to sell my Metro even if the offer was huge.

Peakster 05-27-2008 02:11 AM

Wow, Geo Metros must be in sudden demand. I had a random person message me on my cardomain.com page looking to buy my no-longer-owned car!

"it is a sharp little car" - umm what?!? I never have heard anyone say that about my Metro... or any Metro! :p