EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Aerodynamics (https://ecomodder.com/forum/aerodynamics.html)
-   -   mirror delete & reduction with pic's. (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/mirror-delete-reduction-pics-12093.html)

moonmonkey 01-30-2010 06:59 PM

mirror delete & reduction with pic's.

6 Attachment(s)
just completed phase two of project echo, removed the passenger mirror, and placed one on the inside,took off the factory drivers side and installed two much smaller ones, I never knew what i was'nt seeing with my stock rear view mirror, the panoramic one i put on is awsome, i can see out both rear seat windows and of course the rear window,it just clips on the existing mirror,(spring loaded universal fit) it was $19.99 at discount auto parts. The other mirrors are from o,rileys auto parts $8.49 for the drivers outside and $9.99 for the two on the inside, just shy of $40.00 dollars, reduced frontal area, and i can see better than before.

thatguitarguy 01-30-2010 07:11 PM

Looks good! Are those drivers side mirrors fixed or adjustable?

moonmonkey 01-30-2010 07:29 PM

they are fixed so you have to set them right before you mount them, but since there are two of them you can set them to cover more area and also overlap each others visual coverage.

cfg83 01-31-2010 02:02 PM

moonmonkey -

Once again, excellent execution. The double-driver's side is interesting. It's kind of a "vertical-panoramic" side view mirror. It makes me wonder if a *small* rear view mirror could achieve the same effect.

CarloSW2

Jyden 01-31-2010 03:58 PM

Nicely done. Can you provide links to an online shop?

Christ 01-31-2010 05:06 PM

Another nicely executed mod.

Do you have a project thread to add to the library for your car?

If not, you could start one, and detail each mod in it's own post in the thread, then add it to the library, which would make it an easier reference for other Echo owners looking to perform similar mods.

moonmonkey 01-31-2010 06:23 PM

jden ebay has some mirrors that are similar, otherwise if you have auto parts stores similar to pep boys,autozone, advance autoparts ,napa, o'rileys,,,, they probably have online stores?

RobertSmalls 01-31-2010 11:26 PM

I've been thinking about buying one of those ridiculously large panoramic clip-on rear view mirrors - I've seen 10", 14", and 18" ones for sale. I don't want to go so large as to obstruct my forward view, but I think I'll try out the 14".

As for outside mirrors, my state requires an "adjustable" exterior mirror that provides a clear rearward view. Those may qualify if you point out they can be adjusted with a razor blade and some silicone. Or you may be able to devise a flexible mount, maybe made from a strap of aluminium.

Christ 02-01-2010 08:44 AM

Why not use the ball/socket mount that most rearview mirrors use?